Engine oils

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
i heard shell will stop penzoil production... but duno when~ for me, i will stick to semi syn... castrol magnectec or fully syntetic castrol edge sport 10w-60

btw, if u use a semi/fully, den u change to mineral... u feel da car very heavy~

and any1 here use petronas syntium 5000 0w-30 b4?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
DONT ever downgrade to mineral if you have been using Synthetic oil !

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
And for old car that used to 'beer' dont start on 'vodka', the synthetic cleans the engine too clean then the sludge that keeps the compression also swept away.

Finally your engine fall apart. Is no joke when some people says synthetic oil damage theur car.

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
i rather use synhetic, either semi or fully... mineral doesnt giv power at all, if it damage my block, i can change my engine or overhaul it or watever...~ tats my opinion la, but if u guys got another opinion or suggestion~ share share la!!!

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
If you are the long subscriber to synthetic then is very good. Just it is not advisable for old car to start using synthetic if you been using mineral for many years.

Last edited:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
hahahahaa.......wat the crap...ahahahahaa.....
if u really dunno how to switch ur mineral to syn, dun said it will damage ur engine lah.....hahahaha......

"dun blame me, just blame ur dumb"...ahahhahaa

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
i got a car used at 97K kms and switched to synthetic. car is now 150K kms and still running fine...zero oil consumption....no probs or whatsoever

was on Q8, now is Royal Purple.

kayFX

Aug 21, 2006
me using castrol edge sport fully synthetic.. before this no money using cheapo oil cause really need to change.. engine heavy + noisy.. now normal again.. when change from mineral to synth oil better flush engine first so it dont mix with the old oil..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
anyone using SAMLUBE semi-synthetic oil??... (10W-40)

previous oil change, i started using this semi-syn oil.... its nearing my next service adi and i noticed the engine oil level has decrease half... means it has dropped half of the middle point in the dip stick.... is this normal??... i'm fearing for any leaks in the valve and gasket.... but the sparepart shop tauke said its normal coz semi-syn oil is finer than mineral oil, thus evaporate fast.... ><

i also blur adi....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
i also using 10-40 semi-synthetic what .. no decrease/leak also ... maybe something wrong wid ur car ?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
i had this problem when using fully-syn and this is a norm in 4G93 engines. switched to Eneos semi-syn 10w40 then problem solved. but i believe there is a slight leak at the piston rings. the spark plugs etc is clean, no carbon or sludge or any engine oil stains. shows that its not a major leak?

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
anyone heard of top-1 oil? some mechanic recommended that to me. currently i'm using castrol magnetec semi syn.

which is better?

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
SkYwAlKeR said:
anyone using SAMLUBE semi-synthetic oil??... (10W-40)

previous oil change, i started using this semi-syn oil.... its nearing my next service adi and i noticed the engine oil level has decrease half... means it has dropped half of the middle point in the dip stick.... is this normal??... i'm fearing for any leaks in the valve and gasket.... but the sparepart shop tauke said its normal coz semi-syn oil is finer than mineral oil, thus evaporate fast.... ><

i also blur adi....

In full-syn even, after 5000km mostly there will not be any significant decrease. Although for a turbo engine, slight increase will be noticeble coz by the boosting, I think not more than 1 liter / 10,000 km

malcolmchoy

Jun 13, 2006
hi all bro and sis

i want to ask this, the last service i went to perodua service center to service my car's 50k km mileage.I told them i don't want fully syn oil so they change for me to mineral oil straight..i normally use semi-syn for my car..so i want to ask all sifu what should i change during the next service? can i change back to semi-syn oil for next service?

thanx in advance

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pagani's Zonda model has been with us for a good 11 years now. It first made its debut in 1999 and has since taken the hypercar world by storm. Some hypercars may be quicker in a straight line but very few are able to perform so well on a track, the natural home of any Pagani. Sadly however, all good things must come to an end, as does the Zonda...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience