Engine cranking on 1st gear

Pingu

Known Member
May 5, 2005
:mad:
ive got this problem especially on the 1st gear.... sometimes on the 2nd... it happens when i rev my car a bit.... its not like jerking... this really bugs me when im going for steep uphills... people stare :mad:............. im suspecting its some kind of gearbox problem since its been quite unsmooth recently changing between gears... ( need to move the gear knob a couple of times before i can get into gear )..... help me

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
change gearbox..see ur gear oil got metal bits or not...if got means ur gear not good liao...time to change to lsd gearbox...

MizuChi

Known Member
Apr 17, 2004
Japan
Visit site
What is LSD gearbox?

AFAIK LSD is just an acronym for Limited Slip Differential. If you refer to the rear differential then all is forgiven, but the transmission is something different.

Pingu: check transmission oil, and how does the clutch feel? Squishy? Can you verify its contact point? If no, then you may very well be in need of a new clutch. Driving without a good clutch will just shorten the life of your transmission.

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
Maybe Its Time To Change Your engine !!!

maybe it time for u to feel a turbo charged evo up hill !!!

i think lots of zth members will agree with me !!!

Last edited:

Pingu

Known Member
May 5, 2005
MizuChi said:
Pingu: check transmission oil, and how does the clutch feel? Squishy? Can you verify its contact point? If no, then you may very well be in need of a new clutch. Driving without a good clutch will just shorten the life of your transmission.
well i noticed that my clutch wasnt working perfect so i had it changed before i had the suspected gearbox problem..... im seeing oil outside of the gbox...... maybe its leaking??????????? need to change????????? more $$$$$ :(

Pingu

Known Member
May 5, 2005
whats clutch lining? i just changed it........ sorry for my noobesity

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Once again, we are back at our favorite playground, the Sepang International Circuit to bring you the second round of Zerotohundred.com’s TIMETOATTACK 2012. The most obvious fact is that everyone now has a benchmark to chase after; the 02:26.331 set by the talented Ken Yap in his mighty-fast Evonne Evo. Will the record ever be overshadowed by some unique entries this round? Stay tuned as we will get to the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience