cranking prob during morning

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kahheng

Known Member
hi all,
my mitsubishi lancer 1.6 GLX CVT, is experience some kind of prob(i dunno whether tis is normal) during starting, usually in the morning. when i turn the ignition key to the START position, as usual, a ticking sound and the starter motor turning noise can be heard (for approx 2 sec), but it doesnt start straight away, the starter will stop for approx half a second until it continues to turn and then only the engine is started.The problem only occurs in the morning during first start, its gone when the engine is hot.

I had the battery checked and the charging voltage and everything is OK. So im wondering whether other ppl is experiencing this.

thanks and happy new year 2009! :P

bro better get ur car to be check & diagnose at mitsu centre & do MUT diagnostic check-up

i juz came back from the center. they ask me to put the car there overnight and let them start at the morning.. i dint do tat coz later on i have to take taxi to the office haha.wats MUT?

its like a computerized thinggy plug to ur ECU & run diagnostic they called it MUT or MOT sumthing like that I can't remember hehehe

yup, agree with dewa. better send ur car to mitsu centre to check ur ride.. never have problem like urs yet. please inform us the outcome after u manage to found the problem

try to check yur starter, sometimes the copper inside dirty.

copper? i thot its carbon? haha...
jus wondering when u all change ATF for lancer CVT, do u all use 4liter or more? some ssay need flushing, but i dun tink the oil is dirty coz from the dip stick its stil very clear, since its oredi 2 years, i just wana hav it changed, maybe just drain out all n refill with new one. no nid to flush also can rite?

during my time when I change-out ATF I use more. Once I change at Ah Kit place I used about 5 litre (ye kot tak ingat). That time I'm using Motul

Bump: wait. U said after 2 years u never change ur ATF? Or am I wrong?:banghead:

Bump: wait. U said after 2 years u never change ur ATF? Or am I wrong?:banghead:

5L? did they flush the gearbox first? if yes i think its reasonable.. coz normally one container oni 4L... i dun understand y need so much.. yeah its almost 2 yrs... but mileage only 13k...

owhhhhh no wonder hahahahaha yup ATF change-out is every 20k KM hehehehe no need to flush2 bro the reason u use more is because when u drain everything it lacking lubricant to fill the internal part of ur g/b 4L is not enough when u notice ur g/b deepstick it still lacking so u have to topup another 1L then the deepstick will give reading at desired level :smokin:

Bump: 2 years my car mileage already reach 80K kmk already heheheh then change to fresh engine :P

Bump: 2 years my car mileage already reach 80K kmk already heheheh then change to fresh engine :P

tx bro for ur advice! im now using syntium1000, thinking to change to 3000 for the next service... wat do u tink bro? btw im gonna use waja filter, no prob?

kahheng for ur engine oil syntium1000 gud enough already :) waja filter no problem can be used as long its genuine filter frm proton not the cap ayam one :)

check your starter!!!.... pm evolutionz if you want to see which eon centre got mut facility.

hav u all seen the manual of ur car? it says our lancer auto/ CVT needs 8.1L of ATF SP3.. serious?? i just change out my ATF - 5L total.. hehe... how u all check the dipstick? even in N or P the level is always more than HOT, not within HOT-COLD as the manual says.

kahheng I think u misinterpret the table reading in that manual. And do not refer to Singapore pages.

U shuld check the oil level when the car cool down. Maybe on the early morning before u start ur engine.

Bump: kahheng I think u misinterpret the table reading in that manual. And do not refer to Singapore pages.

U shuld check the oil level when the car cool down. Maybe on the early morning before u start ur engine.

i think its ur stater la bro...
try to remove it and clean it up...
also check the teeth..maybe some broken...

For the starter problem it's depends on batch...depends what fuel pump u r having, u should hear fuel pump staring to pump on the first starts every morning ....did u install any immobilizer ??

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom