Electrical Fan >????

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
To all DIY hard core ZTH gang's, I just discovered a very good technique to increase Hp in my car. In office I found a 12Vdc electrical fan. the size is kind big. Fan speed is awsome, fan spinning speed is fast. So I bring it home and try it in my car. My car is using OEM air box.

Take out the air filter, put the fan in between the air intake cover. Since car is using 12Vdc voltage connect + and - at baterry terminal. Show is begin, once the car is started that is no effect at all like higher RPM..... then I think...of course lah the trrottle intake not open yet how to get higher RPM.
I step into my car and step on accretle paddle. Wah lau leh.....from 800RPM
(idle) increase to 2800rpm by stepping just a quarter only. So try again step until half mak ooi.... already 4k RPM.

I really statified with the improve it gain from just a fan...The sad part is how am I mount the fan in the air box...

Hope you guys can give me some idea ....

* Is really worth to try men....NO JOKE.

bigkingzth

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
KAY AL
wah got so high increase ahh, maybe just cut the bonet er haha jk only,can show the pic of the fan?

protonevo said:
To all DIY hard core ZTH gang's, I just discovered a very good technique to increase Hp in my car. In office I found a 12Vdc electrical fan. the size is kind big. Fan speed is awsome, fan spinning speed is fast. So I bring it home and try it in my car. My car is using OEM air box.

Take out the air filter, put the fan in between the air intake cover. Since car is using 12Vdc voltage connect + and - at baterry terminal. Show is begin, once the car is started that is no effect at all like higher RPM..... then I think...of course lah the trrottle intake not open yet how to get higher RPM.
I step into my car and step on accretle paddle. Wah lau leh.....from 800RPM
(idle) increase to 2800rpm by stepping just a quarter only. So try again step until half mak ooi.... already 4k RPM.

I really statified with the improve it gain from just a fan...The sad part is how am I mount the fan in the air box...

Hope you guys can give me some idea ....

* Is really worth to try men....NO JOKE.

alex_wky

Mar 25, 2005
the first time i added pod filter into my kembara and rev at free gear i felt that it gained 10HP.
but when it's on the road, it can't even over take a kenari going at 120kmh.
if you really think that such mod got 'omph' many other people would've found out much earlier than you. plus, you should really dyno the car before and after the mod.
play play with gas paddel can't tell how much horses you gained.

kage2099

May 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
this sorta fan ive tried it out as well... but i find it sorta waste... cuz there is a slight difference at lower speeds... but when u reach high speeds, the fan speed is not as fast as the suction pressure by the t/b or carb... therefore the function of the fan is useless at this end...

for me... its oni good for maybe up to 1500-2000rpm... the rest maybe its juz "sum lei chok yung" oni... 1st time i put oso like that... like got a sh*t load of difference... but later on... habuk pun tadak... nothing at all...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well.. yes.. ur fan may not cope up at higher RPM ranges... n it may cause restriction at high RPMs... this is bcs the ariflow is great during high RPMs...

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
never mind lah, I think this fan you guys will never see before. I just need some idea on how to mount this fan on air box lah......
This fan is not PC fan lah, is made of metal.
When is done, full tested result or dyno chart will be upload...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
"will never see before"???? Logic kah your sentence?

Anyway... will wait for that.

Haha.. anyone has ever thought of using the squarel-cage air-cond blower fan?? HAHA!!

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
Not matter what comment that you guy's gave, I will consider. Because a new idea will never get a good respond. Sure has Bad and good.

* As I know try on error will make things sucess..

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
yeah...

i have tried before using a PC fan, but never hit me to use a bigger fan....

Thanks...

Could try...

CressTT

Jan 20, 2004
protonevo said:
never mind lah, I think this fan you guys will never see before. I just need some idea on how to mount this fan on air box lah......
This fan is not PC fan lah, is made of metal.
When is done, full tested result or dyno chart will be upload...
u also need to think about what happen if the fan blades start to disintegrate...I mean with all the heat from the engine and that the fan is enclosed in the air filter box, that will accelerate disintegration of the blades, you dont want pieces of the baldes in your combustion chamber now do you?

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
hehehe...i also think of this DIY before, but also considering become it will become restriction when strong suction at high rpm, Unless it spin realy really fast, like turbocharger....hahahhaha

kage2099

May 14, 2005
Subang Jaya
ive tried the airflow thingi... it sorta works... use the fan unit oni... remove the motor... then carefully trim the edges of the fan blades to fit into the air intake hose... dun use the motor... sorta like surbo wan... kinda works lah...

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
Just for you guys info only. The fan is connect to a Toggle switch. During low to mid range rpm I will turn it on. But when on high speed I will turn it off, so it let the intake air to twist the fan blade to spin.
This will solve the problem for the fan of not supplying enough air into engine. This fan onlay act as light induction kits.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Erm, i need to ask a few question regarding triniti clutch on a satria gsr..as well as abit on gearbox..

first of all, here are some of the details that might be needed to make my statement more clearer..Previously i was using valeo clutch and satria 1.5gb and i've change to 4wd evo gb lock 2wd, 9' flywheel and triniti 6 puck racing clutch...the gearbox, driveshaft, flywheel is all halfcut condition while the clutch is new...

and after the installation and testing, i've found out that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience