Triniti Clutch Problem/Karma?

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Erm, i need to ask a few question regarding triniti clutch on a satria gsr..as well as abit on gearbox..

first of all, here are some of the details that might be needed to make my statement more clearer..Previously i was using valeo clutch and satria 1.5gb and i've change to 4wd evo gb lock 2wd, 9' flywheel and triniti 6 puck racing clutch...the gearbox, driveshaft, flywheel is all halfcut condition while the clutch is new...

and after the installation and testing, i've found out that there is 2 new sound coming out from my engine..

1.First scenario..when i on my aircon, and idling, there wil be a 'tak tak tak' sound consequently follow by my cam settings, and when i idling rev it at 1.5k, the sound disappear, or when i press my clutch, the sound disappear too...when w/o aircon, the sound sometimes wil appear and sometimes wil not.

2.Second scenario..Let's say i'm on maintaining 3rd gear...and i slowly slowly increase my rpm to 5k without changing gear, then when i release the throtle paddle without pressing clutch, the exhaust wil be very loud(normal) and the new sound appear which is 'cccrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" til around 3k rpm then go off..tis happen in every gear, thus if the rpm is higher, the sound wil be louder...

Is this normal or abnormal?

3.Is 1.5gb driveshaft fitted well on an evo gb? I tried to use 1.8 gsr driveshaft but it was not fitted well, which when compared to 1.5gb and gsr gb, gsr driveshaft is a bit more longer..weird case..

I had dismantled my gb once again yesterday to check if there is any problem, added washer on the gearbox to make the clutch can step more further, changed new gearbox fluid...and the problem stil haven't solve at all...

5.When i engaged from 2nd to 3rd gear, there wil be a sound like if u didn't fully press the clutch, and u engage gear, the 'cruk' sound....is this gearbox problem ?

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
frm your description im not sure how serious the sound that admitted frm your gearbox. but using trinity clutch sounds like grrrrrrrrrrr.... will appear at high load low rpm ... which they will dissapear after certain rpm.. reason of this is due to the solid hub design. it unable to dampen the vibration caused by the load.

it will not be as smooth as stock clutch... and it is normal to have slight harsh engagement with this kind of design. i thought its normal. but when i bought new set of exedy hyper single wid solid hub, same thing happen too..

btw my car is a rwd car

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
1. Wil it be due to the gb bearing release sound? but i just changed fluid and new bearing...notice it usually happen to be very loud after a long distance drive...

2.Thanks bro renxun...i've consulted my other frens same as using triniti clutch, and i tested drive wit him, he told me tat is normal...so probably i wil just ignore it if it is normal...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
engage 2nd to 3rd got cruk , thts ur synchromesh destroyed, no choice but to find a another gearbox with similar synchromest or to jst change to another gb, i dnt tink they sell synchromesh in malaysia

other than that, i tink ur gearbox is in a pretty bad shape or installation done wronly

triniti clutch is one clutch that is not recommended for daily drive
first thing is that it does not have springs and thus does not dampen vibrations
2nd thing , because it doesnt dampen vibrations it eats up the shaft of your gearbox

:D

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Hurm....thanks jinkl, wil try to let my mech know about your comment and see wat he say..i don't think installation done wrongly cause has dismantled 2 times and stil the same thing...gearbox might be in bad shape, possible, but how do we determine it ?

don't mind to ask, if the shaft of the gb eaten up, wat wil happen ?

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
more vibrations. we only use this kind of clutch when we EXPECT uprated wear due to harsh operation and rebuild every year end.

sometimes i just dont understand why street car users tend to use unsprung hub for daily use. it doesnt sound practical anyway

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
omg...now i know...cause was known that triniti is much more softer compare to exedy....so i chose triniti....do u guys have any idea how to overcome it? by not changing another clutch cause i just installed it and drove for 3 days... :(

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro, need your comment badly, whats the difference between your previous gsr gd and current evo gb? any powerloss/gain? i plan to change me mivec gb to evo tb as well

Bump: Bro, need your comment badly, whats the difference between your previous gsr gd and current evo gb? any powerloss/gain? i plan to change me mivec gb to evo tb as well

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
omg...now i know...cause was known that triniti is much more softer compare to exedy....so i chose triniti....do u guys have any idea how to overcome it? by not changing another clutch cause i just installed it and drove for 3 days... :(
wrong info la bro , triniti uses exedy's cover + modify it to be suitable for their plates
once shaft is gone errr , car wont move hehhe

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Bro, need your comment badly, whats the difference between your previous gsr gd and current evo gb? any powerloss/gain? i plan to change me mivec gb to evo tb as well

Bump: Bro, need your comment badly, whats the difference between your previous gsr gd and current evo gb? any powerloss/gain? i plan to change me mivec gb to evo tb as well
previously i was only using 1.5gb....sorry couldn't help much :D..

wrong info la bro , triniti uses exedy's cover + modify it to be suitable for their plates
once shaft is gone errr , car wont move hehhe
eh ya ya....wat i meant is that if compared directly wit triniti product and exedy product, triniti is stil softer than exedy rite?

u meant the shaft is the driveshaft izit ? i'm using 1.5 driveshaft wit evo gearbox..however 1.8driveshaft couldn't fitted well because is slightly longer....

I tried just now, the engagement sound seems to appear frequently, like 80/100...sometimes don have...i've also tried whack hardly just now on my way home til 4th gear, sometimes 2nd-3rd got sound, if 2nd-3rd no sound, then it goes to 3rd-4th gear...
if slow switching gear, mostly 2nd-3rd...sometime got sometime don have also..
got few times 1st-4th gear without any sound, dam siok....cause once heard the 'cruk' sound, heart also pain....@@
it seems like 1st-2nd, 2nd-3rd, 3rd-4th gear all got the sound, just tat 5th gear don have...

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i tink its syncro that have worn ler. u ever change your gearbox oil or not? clutch wont make your gear shift like that ler.....the only prob i have wid unsprung hub is on 5th gear 2k rpm and below it tend to vibrate hard. after 2k rpm then its ok.

triniti u felt soft maybe you didnt change the cover. the cover determines how your leg will feel. if you use aftermarket cover sure harder than stock. if you use trinity without changing cover, the pedal feel will remain the same

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
engage 2nd to 3rd got cruk , thts ur synchromesh destroyed, no choice but to find a another gearbox with similar synchromest or to jst change to another gb, i dnt tink they sell synchromesh in malaysia

other than that, i tink ur gearbox is in a pretty bad shape or installation done wronly

triniti clutch is one clutch that is not recommended for daily drive
first thing is that it does not have springs and thus does not dampen vibrations
2nd thing , because it doesnt dampen vibrations it eats up the shaft of your gearbox

:D
damm it, u have shattered my hope , badly , my synchro KO-ed assuming, and was thinking to ask mechs see if it can be saved, the "cruk" sound :nurse: hurts ...

at times above 60km/h 3rd gear downshift to 2nd gear a bit hard to engage also ...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
i tink its syncro that have worn ler. u ever change your gearbox oil or not? clutch wont make your gear shift like that ler.....the only prob i have wid unsprung hub is on 5th gear 2k rpm and below it tend to vibrate hard. after 2k rpm then its ok.

triniti u felt soft maybe you didnt change the cover. the cover determines how your leg will feel. if you use aftermarket cover sure harder than stock. if you use trinity without changing cover, the pedal feel will remain the same
i changed to whole set wit triniti plate and cover....if 9', triniti do have their own cover..if 8.5', have to use exedy cover cause they do not manufacture it...and i'm using the 9' one, tat's why i chose to change the 1.5gb which is 8.5' flywheel to evo gb which is 9' flywheel...

scare modify fail then the whole gb can throw longkang d...

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
i think you could get a set of new synchromesh for gearbox..but it's gonna cost.. otherwise speak to the guy or shop who sold you the g/box...find out if it's exchangable.

BTW - you only hear the "craacckk" sound when up shifting or down shifting right ? if that's the case, yes..90% syncro..

if not.. careful on engine.. listen carefully if it's conrod bearing's worn..

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
i think we got the same problem...i just bought my car but the previous owner cant remember what type and brand of clutch he install last time...i think it using same with urs...

when driving slow and release gas then the "KRUUUUUKKKKKKK" loud sound appear...when drive fast and maintain gear the sound become visible...is it really same with urs?...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...1-strange-sound-from-clutch-and-absorber.html