DIY to stop sound from hinges

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
How to stop all the squeaking sound that come from nowhere? I oni know some r from the door hinges.

Is there any parts that r famous for making squeaking sound?

Use wat to stop them? the WD40 oil izit? or got any better production? the sounds very irritating especially on bumpy road. <_<

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
what is ur ride, kher?? if u are driving local car, then u have to face it liao....unless u change the whole doors.....last time my driver's side door got weird (actually is all 4 doors), go to service centre more than 10 times to complain it....some said it is like this one, some said we cannot hear anything...finally they still change some part for 4 doors....but the sound still there....until i met an accident, and changed the driver's side door....the sound no more, but the other doors still have sound.....:(

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
1991 Galant lor... i suspect is when the mechanic repair car that time they dismantle the parts n diden install back properly. then diden put any lubricant n squeaking sound come out. always after reapir cars sure got new squeaking sound 1.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
vr4 model izzit kher?

go ask acbc lor, he also another galant owner mar....u shud know him right?

but i think older gen cars sure are bound to have these sounds cos of some parts may fade or loose....not to say only urs lar...mine also same, like riding on a rattle snake only <_<

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by kher@Nov 26 2004, 12:13
1991 Galant lor... i suspect is when the mechanic repair car that time they dismantle the parts n diden install back properly. then diden put any lubricant n squeaking sound come out. always after reapir cars sure got new squeaking sound 1.
then i think u have to get it back to them....they will fix for u....

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
those idiots wouldn't bother also to check out where the sound came from. they will oni know how to repair n replace parts so that the bill wil cost rm$$$ or rm$$$$. small things like dat tell them so many times also won go check 1.

That's y i muz DIY lo.... :(

1 more thing they r best in is ask me to convert the Galant Super Saloon to Galant VR4. As if the car is officially mine. Most of the time go there same sentence will come out.

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
haha... true lah... they only thinking of make $$$ mah.... the best thing is to diy yourself loh... try to put greese to the hinges first loh... :P

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
i would recommend ceramic grease instead. and Try Selley's RP7.. quite a good lubricant as opposed to WD40

But where exactly the sound is coming from? You have to rectify that first.. It might just be some loose plastic which lubricant might not be able help in anyway

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
dun use WD40.. it dries up too fast... whithin a week or so.. de sound comes back...

u wan cheap? use engine oil.. sure than damn long wan.. using grease is ok but sometimes make ur hinge there very dirty n oily...

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
khguan said:
dun use WD40.. it dries up too fast... whithin a week or so.. de sound comes back...

u wan cheap? use engine oil.. sure than damn long wan.. using grease is ok but sometimes make ur hinge there very dirty n oily...
use grease spray (heavy duty one) it will last longer. believe me! ;)

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kruger said:
use grease spray (heavy duty one) it will last longer. believe me! ;)

Whoa... sounds like soaking the whole car into lubricant here... Anyway, find out where the source of sound first then only treat it... :p

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
khguan said:
i'm looking for silicon lithium spray.. anyone know how much n where to get them?
Will check for you near my hardware store this weekend... coz have been working very late every night...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guy & all sifu, is it advicable to change my original 449 air flow sensor to 660 air flow sensor for my 4G93T? I got frens telling me tat it will smoothered my pickup. Is it true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience