DIY repair on seat belt retractor..

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
my seat belt no longer pulls back by itself..after releasing, it only retracts a little bit at a vr slow pace...

so, is there anyway to repair it back to new/good working condition?? bare in mind, it should not compromise the stopping ability when it is pulled/jerked...safety first...

i havent reli seen the seat belt mechanism b4..so i was wondering, wat affects the ability of the seat belt to retract?? shud b a spring rite?? if so then it shud b rather easy to replace a new spring so that it will retract like new...just my guess..

cyt_

May 5, 2004
i've experienced it in my car b4....i open the seatbelt compartment and saw a thing like spring wan....then i use force to pull it back to shape and hold it for several minutes...then...its ok...

haslam

Dec 18, 2004
another method is remove the belts and make new rails put in 5 point harness belt....very safe one....and fierce also.. :P

]\[ickless

Feb 6, 2004
Get those springy thingy lubricated.. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While all the hype surrounding the McLaren MP4-12C that has been doing the rounds on the interwebs may have led us to believe that we know everything there is to know about the latest supercar from McLaren, little did we realise that it was just smoke and mirrors with not much of the actual details being leaked out, until now that is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience