DIY meter panel

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
anyone got plan to DIY a meter panel?
example...buy a carbon fiber plate...drill hole...put in all meter gadget...RPM, Speedmeter, fuel meter(do they have one in the market),engine temp, led light bulb...and all others nessasary items....?
track car wannabe....:)

anyone mind to share ?

saolabi

Known Member
May 6, 2005
South Korea
Thought about it too but the amount of time it will take to actually drill all those tiny holes into the meter panel will need lots of patience. and to make a real tiny hole(lots of it) on a carbonfibre(I've tried) aint easy.
But thats my opinion, others may disagree with me^^

JeFfReYiSpEacE

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
was thinking of doing it...

but i don't know much about wiring and stuff... can't connect lights for parking, high beam, low fuel warning etc.. together..

and all the trip meters and stuff... how do you do that... ? if someone could shed some light...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
just buy the aftermarket meter gauge dial... with EL lights summore... Only RM150 for Wiras or Iswaras.. save your sweat... it is difficult to do it correctly if u dun have sufficient tools. and Usually track cars use aftermarket meters/gauges too... seldom la they make custom.. unless for autoshow or 'HotRod' hehehe.. cheers.

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
track car no need to have check engine lisht .. door ajar lights ... handbrake lights ...
why track car use those meters is becasue they hardly use the messy stuff on the meter itself ... also the car is modified , the ratio of the meter no longer corrrect .

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
bridgestoneRE711 said:
track car no need to have check engine lisht .. door ajar lights ... handbrake lights ...
why track car use those meters is becasue they hardly use the messy stuff on the meter itself ... also the car is modified , the ratio of the meter no longer corrrect .
though i mentioned track car wannabe....but we still driving a street car...so all those lights are require :)

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
This can be done if your original meter cluster are seperated (ie RPM and speedo is one piece and the other lights are of different piece). Proton and Mitsu comes in a piece with all the indicators as a cluster itself. If you understand what i mean.

Wiring is not that difficult if you know the right 'prints'. And you can purchase the meter with EL so not necessary to retrofit your own lights.

Fuel gauge you can try to use the one of the Super bikes. Quite nice...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am driving satria with first gen mivec. Unfortunately my alternator worn out recently. Is there any alternative for replacement since the same mivec alternator is really hard to find. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience