DIY fix boot leakage.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
what about the rubber sealant between the door

I

Indecided

rubber sealant between the door?

no, no... those are rubber mouldings AFAIK..

sillicone should serve its purpose here, another spot commonly missed is the power antenna hose, the rear light seals (yep, u can replace them...)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Originally posted by DarkAccoon@Aug 16 2004, 11:54 AM
wfhan,
where is the QC in proton you ask
i answer, IN THE BOOT
ah ... hahahahaha... :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe not only the QC fella in the boot,
the whole R&D and technician that pasang
the car oso IN THE BOOT ler.. hahahahahhaha.......

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
i also experiance b4 .. with my car.. so i go buy windscreen plaster black in colour 1.. them pull it long ... so it go thin so can fit in to the boot rubber....fit the plaster in untill above the tail light.. so put the rubble bc.. sore water wont go in...gerenti can 1....

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
ksgoh,
i believe he refers to tar stripes..

where i apply the silicone? Story in ther link already mar...

along the center "lingkang" of the rubber seal and the "L" shape body structure where the seal sits on. As well as the lights.

At first I though the leaking points are near the lights (according to the water marks leaved on tissue paper). But it still leaks after I have seal the gaps on the lights. Then i remove the seal and the leak stopped (it was raining heavily). So must be the seal lor...

after that, until now, no more leaking.

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
yup is tar strips... all paint shop also used this way to solve the problem..event my also hahaha :D

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
yup but i using web cam so not that clear..... normal ppl use to seal iswara tail light........spapart shop got sell 1 ... i brought just RM11.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The GT channel dubs and subtitles an older video of an RB engine and Skyline engine. The video features its racing heritage and legacy since the late 60's. Keiichi Tsuchiya grew up admiring the Skyline's since his early spectator days in the Fuji Speedway Circuit. Also, there's this homemade R32 mesh with R34 made by a Skyline enthusiast, in hopes of entering the D1 Drift series. Check out his...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience