DIY fix boot leakage.

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
To all wira owners, anyone fixed their boot leakage problem? I have already siliconed both the rear lights but water is still going in, and lately more serious. Where is the correct spot to seal?

Regards.

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
just drill a hole to the affected place..or release a button underneath which is near to your fuel tank....U cant really fix wira actually... ;)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i already fixed it lorrr
here are the problem areas

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
notice the difference between the two photos i am going to post, now be smart and look properly
then seal up the hole only larr
just some welding error from proton

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
here is what it's suppose to be

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
aiyak....
the quality of picture not really that bad larr

the difference is
notice there is a gap between the two metal plates in the first picture
whereas the second picture is a small gap
just use some silicone glue to fill it up
kau tim, no more water

wfhan,
where is the QC in proton you ask
i answer, IN THE BOOT

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
that is also possible leakage from the tail light!!!
check it out

last time my leakage is from there

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
badguy, I've already sealled off the lamps. I took out the rubber and seal of this part cause it's not properly soldered together. Guess what I found, proton has already sealed it off using SILICON. but it did not cover properly, so I put more, DarkAccoon, thanks for sharing, that's the exact spot where my boot is leaking. will check when I'm free. thanks

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by JasperSSP@Aug 16 2004, 01:24 PM
badguy, I've already sealled off the lamps. I took out the rubber and seal of this part cause it's not properly soldered together. Guess what I found, proton has already sealed it off using SILICON. but it did not cover properly, so I put more, DarkAccoon, thanks for sharing, that's the exact spot where my boot is leaking. will check when I'm free. thanks
you used silicone to seal the rubber and the metal plates???
what type of silicone did you use?
if normal silicone, then die rite cause after it dries you cannot take it out wert???

anyone knows what type of silicone is used and where to get it arr

JasperSSP

Known Member
Nov 21, 2003
darkaccoon, I just use the normal silicon. bought from hardware shop, the clear ones. anyway, I just took out the rubber to check, just pull and it came off, the silicon doesn't stick that much. There is a hole like where you mentioned, but only very small and the other side which is not leaking has a even bigger hole. Anyway, just sealed off both, will notify you guys the next time it rains, or when I wash my car.

regards.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
jasper,
if you use the normal silicon rite.....
when it dry up then you cannot pull the rubber thingy out anymore wor?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo...to every ZTH member....here is my lil question...just wanna ask tat im going to buy a APEXI Dual Funel filter.....but i notice tat it needs adapter n also sum thing about rubber i think.....so i dono how was it....if all i take oredi RM270 including installation feess....

now im using a clond airfilter....so can i take out and just buy the airfilter without the adapter to put on my car.....my ride is ISWARA..below is the pic i draw....can i dowan buy the adapter??

.hope tat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience