DIY Defi BF style Meters

I

Indecided

Hmm.. bought this autogauge digital tacho from MonMon...

Pretty standard stuff. But very rare, not sure why...

Anyways, I was thinking about it..and well, why not make Defi BF style meters?

In short :

Open up meter front/face (either you pry away the cap or you can pull it off) Warning : if you pry the cap, later you're going to have to sand, bend back slowly, and also respray the whole thing. If can't open better leave it.

Remove glass. Wash glass.

Go to accessory shop, buy 75% BLACK tint. do NOT buy 95%. you won't be able to see nuts... i tell u.

wash tint, cut to size... remove plastic backing, place glass onto tint and remove excess water. dry and leave to adhere.

Reassamble : you're DONE :)

PS : don't do this on EL meters unless it's REVERSE EL. wont be nice.

Here's how it looks like when it's on.

If you buy 95% black tint, the meter is going to be USELESS in the daytime.

all silver/green/blue/gold tint will not work. please do not buy reflective tint. ONLY cheap black tint (the 1 strip kind they use for ur top of the windscreen). AND MAKE SURE 75% or reasonable.

I

Indecided

haha...I actually wanted to buy it a LONG LONG time ago but he wasn't free.. so recently got it lorh. Anyways digital tacho quite useless cos the needle rises faster then the RPM...you get headache trying to read. But useful for me... for doing demos for shift-lights :)

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
why dont just buy the autogauge smoke type of meter??? its just like the defi type too.... and not too expensive also.... sell by speedster_jg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to ask, i want to do complete rebuilding and bluepriting for both my 1.6 mivec engine and gearbox. how much will it cost? (estimated price?)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience