Cross drilled and slotted disc brakes for lancer gt

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
my suggestion...if you wanna change to after market one...go for slotted type rather than cross drilled type..
Bro, i respect your experience here, can share ah why you suggest slotted rather than cross-drilled?

before i drive a satria neo with stock disc brakes. i usually drive around 180kmh each time on hiway and very scary when u hit the brake pedal as stopping distance sooooooo long.. later changed to slotted cross drilled and wallahh.. seriously, its a different feeling.

so, for practicality, i would prefer using performance discs yet maintaining the oem caliper (maybe change performance pads). make up wise, u know what look it gives to our GT..
OEM disc tend to warp upon high speed braking / excessive usage, for me now, i'm using second new set from warranty claim, first set warp after braking from 200kmh, imagine that, so my advise, save money and go for aftermarket set, or just change car.

Frank,

I was told that Quicksave (Subang Jaya) might have something that would suit your need. Try contact them at (03)56360917 and ask them about Project MU.
Agreed, they offer the entry level rotor, SCR Pure Plus6, even it's entry, so far Project MU product never failed to deliver.

?nDc?s?ve

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
damansara
especially if u wanna try to keep up with azizi during corners hehe..

also get those reputable one's if you can.. i'm on one piece project mu.. so far so good ;)

azizi,

bling bling i see hehe.. when it comes to cars only my eyes sharp ;p btw, looking good congrats! offset +29 presume? any rubbing? sorry TS if OT abit..

frank_precinct

May 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
especially if u wanna try to keep up with azizi during corners hehe..

also get those reputable one's if you can.. i'm on one piece project mu.. so far so good ;)

azizi,

bling bling i see hehe.. when it comes to cars only my eyes sharp ;p btw, looking good congrats! offset +29 presume? any rubbing? sorry TS if OT abit..

What u mean one piece? One set cross drill slotted discs for rear n front from project mu for gt? How much?

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
What u mean one piece? One set cross drill slotted discs for rear n front from project mu for gt? How much?
If not mistaken, one piece referring to floating disc, like superbike disc, correct me if im wrong, usually this one really pricey leh.. one set Project MU cost 1000++ for front, rear much more like that price also, count in also new brake pad to suit the new disc, cost another 300++.

?nDc?s?ve

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
damansara
one piece is one piece lor.. hehe

floating disc/rotors are usually what we call 2-piece.. it is not directly mounted to the bell housing(the center portion there) in order to allow the disc to expand under extreme heat.. and u can also just replace the rotors and keep the original bell housing.. and it is usally lighter.

so obviously two-piece/floating rotors more expensive but is it worth it for daily drive? :D

rewlie

Known Member
Feb 13, 2008
one piece is one piece lor.. hehe

floating disc/rotors are usually what we call 2-piece.. it is not directly mounted to the bell housing(the center portion there) in order to allow the disc to expand under extreme heat.. and u can also just replace the rotors and keep the original bell housing.. and it is usally lighter.

so obviously two-piece/floating rotors more expensive but is it worth it for daily drive? :D
Haha so i get it wrong for the description but true for what i saw, thanks buddy.

Yeah true, we live only once, so take a good care of it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all.

I had posted a few DIYs in here, but looking back, seems some of them images got screwed bcos I shifted the image servers to another place.

So I thought, I just recollect them all and group it in one website of my own.

So here's mine:

Welcome To My DIY Page...

Sharing Is Caring!! :biggrin:

Anyone else have such site, do share your URL here.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience