Continental tyre issue on Inspira 2.0

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Scary looking at the damaged tyre.

From now onwards, keep an eyes over the remaining 3 tyres condition. If can, claim for all 4 tyres (or at least a pair). Nobody change one tyre because of uneven tyre wear.

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
If happen to use Conti, get the CPC2 range, so far less complaints. This model is in between so you get comfort and performance that is better then CCC range.

Goh Swee Hin? I thought they are Pirelli distributor. So they trade with other brands too?

Yah! especially the CSC range, already many many complaints. Was surprise my colleague had problems with their latest CSC5 also...:banghead:
Goh Swee Hin main brand will be Continental for now. Think they do sell other brands as well.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Unfortunately, I was unable to claim anything. After their foreman & sales rep inspected the tyre, there was clear indication showing the inner rubber lining / fiber was burst at one spot (please refer to the attached photo). They mentioned it could be something that hit the outer side wall when the car was at high speed which actually damaged the internal wall. Externally unable to see anything:banghead:.

Well due to frequent travelling, I had to change the damaged tyre to a new piece which was priced at RM350 a pop:bawling:. The rest of the ori tyres are fine according to them.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Goh Swee Hin main brand will be Continental for now. Think they do sell other brands as well.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Unfortunately, I was unable to claim anything. After their foreman & sales rep inspected the tyre, there was clear indication showing the inner rubber lining / fiber was burst at one spot (please refer to the attached photo). They mentioned it could be something that hit the outer side wall when the car was at high speed which actually damaged the internal wall. Externally unable to see anything:banghead:.

Well due to frequent travelling, I had to change the damaged tyre to a new piece which was priced at RM350 a pop:bawling:. The rest of the ori tyres are fine according to them.
Hard to say since you have already rolled on them and the sidewall is completely damaged. Wow! RM350 for entry CC5, that is same as Mid Yokohama price...:banghead:

josephlauby

Known Member
Apr 10, 2009
Penang
Hard to say since you have already rolled on them and the sidewall is completely damaged. Wow! RM350 for entry CC5, that is same as Mid Yokohama price...:banghead:
My goodness. Should have known better on the price. Initially they wanted to charge me RM390 for 205/55/R16. I replied, "Excuse me, my tyre will be 205/60/R16". After checking, it was RM350 a pop & no further price reduction. I was desperate & went ahead to change it. For the whole ordeal from inspection till fully changed the tyre with balancing + alignment took 2 hours. :smokin:

Thanks to all that commented in this thread & I do appreciate the assistance. :biggrin:

So for this round, case closed. :driver:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Ouch that sucks man. Hopefully everything goes well and safely for you. If you have a better chance and better moolah, might as well change all 4 tires for the peace of mind.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
same problem with my inspira as well 17 inch tyres ...
What tyres?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

It almost look like a photoshopped photo!
Run until tyre torn off....

Last time my ex-Jap manager wheel jam, he drove until tyre burst then wear the rims also, because he was outstation and driving at night so he just drove all the way home...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
What tyres?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Run until tyre torn off....

Last time my ex-Jap manager wheel jam, he drove until tyre burst then wear the rims also, because he was outstation and driving at night so he just drove all the way home...
Stock Inspira should be Continental.

That Jap guy quite hardcore right.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Stock Inspira should be Continental.

That Jap guy quite hardcore right.
Stock Inspira I though is either 16" or 18", right? His, he mentioned 17" so should be aftermarket already.

More of panic rather the hardcore.....The company had to replace one set rims and one tyre...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

I wan to remove my cat and intend to replace it with a bullet. Wat would u guys recommend the brand? Price+installation? I drive a putra and to be honest i dunno what is the size of my standard piping. So what should be the size of the bullet inlet/outlet? will there be difference in using the bullet in terms of sound?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience