Civic EK/EJ buying guide

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Sorry askin' again coz the previous thread got corrupted.

My criteria currently is...

1. 98-2000 car
2. accident free/good chasis
3. good condition
4. dohc vtec
5. automatic (might sound abit wussy but i'm a lazy pig too) :lol:
6. 4 door, 2 door is okay too

plus would be....

1. ori sunroof
2. jdm spec

anything am I forgetting?
any tips about going about to find one?
what should i expect?
coz other accessories i plan to install myself.

my goal is a pearl/champion white 99-spec nicely tuned engine with VAFC and buckets seats :lol: no monster performer coz need to goto work everyday wan :P

thank you in advance all the sifu-sifu toh toh chee kao :lol:

BlackHD

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
so??? what are u asking??? none of the sentence seems to be question ler

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
Originally posted by Seraph@Feb 9 2005, 00:12
Sorry askin' again coz the previous thread got corrupted.

My criteria currently is...

1. 98-2000 car
2. accident free/good chasis
3. good condition
4. dohc vtec
5. automatic (might sound abit wussy but i'm a lazy pig too) :lol:
6. 4 door, 2 door is okay too

plus would be....

1. ori sunroof
2. jdm spec

anything am I forgetting?
any tips about going about to find one?
what should i expect?
coz other accessories i plan to install myself.

my goal is a pearl/champion white 99-spec nicely tuned engine with VAFC and buckets seats :lol: no monster performer coz need to goto work everyday wan :P
seraph

it is dem hard to get ori EK4 that comes with your specification.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by sasuke@Feb 10 2005, 16:27
I think it's more fun if u try to JDM your car. Really hard to find with these. requirement.
u mean converting an EJ to JDM EK specs?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Originally posted by Seraph@Feb 9 2005, 18:20
hard to find huh?

erm....any suggestions of a model to start from?
Like I said, GF-EK4.

Or else you would have to start with EJ9 to gather all the stuff you needed. :lol:

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
okok ..... i been to this website i have a rough idea what a gf-ek4 is, but can't find any info on the net about EJ9 specs.

btw how come they refer to it as 'gf-ek4' instead of just ek4?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
seraph,
i had the exact same specification in mind when i was looking for a civic too. mild modifications but enough to being it to work everyday. unfortunately couldn't find even though i went to over 10 reseller and i told them to keep a lookout for a nice DOHC civic for me.

couldn't wait any longer as my trustly old sentra was breaking down already and i settled for a SOHC civic vtec. worst still when my sentra was crashed on the last day i drove it. nothing spectacular about i'm pretty much happy with its comfort though its a bit too low to my liking. thinking of changing to harder springs and hi-lo adjustable shocks as its scraping against the bumps everytime i go over.

just wanna add on my opinions, if you're looking for a 98 to mid 99 model (old rear lights) then its pretty easy to find and i had 2 choice of them, 1 gold, 1 red and i took the gold one but the red is in pretty good shape BUT bear in mind its SOHC VTEC. if you're looking for DOHC VTEC ones, then its pretty damn hard to source unless you're looking for converted units which i seriously won't consider.

if you're looking for mid 99 to 2000 civic VTEC's, chances are you're not gonna find many around, even worst when you're looking for DOHC VTEC ones. i'd reckon there isn't many DOHC's around at all unless its imported but the price would be shocking high for a 5 year old car anyways. but then again, off and on you'll see a few converted VI-RS (DOHC VTEC) in motortrader and in fact theres one chinese guy who drives this really cool VI-RS near my neighbourhood. beautiful civic with the championship white color but i think its converted anyway. however u can find a few SOHC VTEC year 2000 around and as a matter of fact, i quite nearly wanted to buy one but then the asking price is way too much for a 5 year old car. i really loved the rear crystal lights but then i had to stick to a budget therefore i ended up with a 99 SOHC VTEC. if you're not soo much of a speed freak, believe me, the SOHC is enuff with some minor mods here and there.

avantasia

4,000 RPM
Sep 27, 2004
TeAM C.R.D KL
Visit site
Originally posted by Seraph@Feb 12 2005, 16:40
well, i guess any plain old civic can be upgraded later on so just focus on a later model and accident free?
hehh hehhh hehhh, firstly when u wanted to buy a car u should have u'r budget and u never stated here!!!!!!! u only stated u'r requirement/criteria/specs u look for......just my 5 cent!!!!!

so next time.....FOCUS on u'r BUDGET....unless u r super duper rich guy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its not a race to watch, but let us have a feel in both cars.

While the heavy Veyron with a 1000-hp quad-turbo W16 engine through a 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic gearbox, powers all four wheels, the super-light F40 is driven through a conventional 6-speed manual by a twin-turbo 3-liter V8 to the rear wheels. The Veyron is one of the most complicated cars ever devised, let alone produced, while the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience