Change Of Engine

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Hmm, I'll probably start looking on our shores for it. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope I come across one that's in good condition.

Love the Turbo Lag photo! :smile:
Only when u go Turbo then can really experience what it means by that :rofl:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro.. if you buy 4G93T CK manual halfcut from local halfcut shop it will cost you about 20k-25k to mount on satria neo. 4G93T CK engine is not plug and play to satria neo engine bay. there are a lot of custom work has to be done in order to make it work to make it roadworthy and reliable. but the result will be totally worth 20k-25k you forked out. the combination of powerful engine with satria neo handling characteristic will carve a smile in your face every time you drive it..

Reliable BOT will cost you about the same if not more depending on hardware use.. for that kind of money you get an engine with about 2xxhp running on 0.9 to 1.2 bar boost.. the advantage of BOT route is you can take off the kit any time if the need arise and you dont have to deal with JPJ and puspakom to endorse the engine. ( the endorsement will not bet straight forward as putting 4G93T in satria neo will involve chasis cutting)

last word.. dont be discourage by people who says not worthed la, cannot la or not reliable la.. always seek advice from people who have done it not from people who read it somewhere.. knowledge is nothing without experience.. cheers and happy modding
Thanks mate for reassuring the idea to me. Wow, had no idea i'd have to fork out that much. Though from what you say, that amount sounds about right.
Seriously need to cut the chasis.. Hope that doesn't inherently affect the handling in any way and the balance from the added weight.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

the best is do your research 1st. get opinions from other ppl that has done the conversion before deciding to plonk the engine in.
Researching as we type, haha :smile:

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Only when u go Turbo then can really experience what it means by that
Looking forward to it.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes need to cut chasis around the v-house to put in the 4G93t ck gearbox. if done properly, it will not effect the handling and the added weight is minor as 4G93T' weight a slight more than standard campro engine. use lightweight material such as carbon fibre hood and fenders to counter the weight different.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yes need to cut chasis around the v-house to put in the 4G93t ck gearbox. if done properly, it will not effect the handling and the added weight is minor as 4G93T' weight a slight more than standard campro engine. use lightweight material such as carbon fibre hood and fenders to counter the weight different.
Any JPJ approval issues? Since is not a plug and play usually gonna have a hard time getting the car for approval. Best hire a runner?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ah, so that explains the carbon fibre hoods!

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Any JPJ approval issues? Since is not a plug and play usually gonna have a hard time getting the car for approval. Best hire a runner?
Actually the problem is with puspakom.. you have to get an approval letter from the inspection which stated "pemasangan kemas" to prove that you have done a proper job on the conversion. the trick is to get a professional to do the welding work, leave no jagged edge on the cut chassis and cover all the custom work in the engine bay with fresh coat of paint.. once you get the letter, JPJ approval will not be an issues.. I would say best to hire a runner to get the approval to avoid any headache.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually the problem is with puspakom.. you have to get an approval letter from the inspection which stated "pemasangan kemas" to prove that you have done a proper job on the conversion. the trick is to get a professional to do the welding work, leave no jagged edge on the cut chassis and cover all the custom work in the engine bay with fresh coat of paint.. once you get the letter, JPJ approval will not be an issues.. I would say best to hire a runner to get the approval to avoid any headache.
Ya, was thinking runner easier to avoid headache, that time I went puspakom alone and 1 window tint was not pass and he told me to tear out....I was like...is only 1 side not pass which I do not know why...maybe less light on that side since tinted glass was tested indoor under the shade...

Not sure if could be the lighting or what...

So since is engine conversion and not plug and play, best TS do the necessary touch ups like u mentioned and get a runner to get approval from puspakom.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Sorry for saying this but this is what I want to say....why need to change the engine? It's not like the CPS engine is so lousy. It has less power compare to a TC engine....of course la..1.6 NA only....what do you expect. A 200hp 1.6 NA? but always break down...you want?

I see now a lot of people before getting use to a car's handling already say want to BOT want to change engine.....in the end lost control because not familiar with the car's handling and limits. For what I say? I also like the surge of TC but I love the linear power of NA and the responsiveness nature. The CPS engine got potential one, just depends whether the owner knowledge on cars, engines, mechanical skill deep or not only. I suggest the TS to really go and understand the engine 1st and it's behavior...Then get used to it and mod along the path. Swapping out the engine is just a shortcut way of gaining more power....if you go every sweat and blood to build every drop of HP from the CPS engine....you gain more knowledge and respect....

Also, I know some lazy people who swap engine will just go to a few chop shop look for engine, test test the engine then see ok then buy, transplant into the car do some oil change and some parts change then drive and mod and up boost....then boost here boost there in the end engine kaput after 5 to 6 months....Then phone me, Joe my engine blow already, Joe my engine turbo kong, Joe my gearbox die already, Joe my ball shrink already because crankshaft patah....then with all the sad emoticons...

If TS really going to transplant, I suggest you after getting a half cut engine. Strip the whole engine down to bare then rebuild everything from scratch including the gearbox. Change every possible parts to new....then only put into the car.....this is what I consider a neat and correct way to do it. If not you are just putting a used engine (which you don't know how it was driven or care) into your car....

TS, I'm not sure what driving experience just a piece of advice. Enjoy the Neo, start doing up the handling department 1st. Power should be the last thing in your mind (although some light mods can be done like intake and exhaust). Master the handling department 1st. Although your Neo might not have 200hp or 180hp but if your car's handling is setup superbly it will still be very fast around the corners. Power is nothing without handling...

Cheers...just my noob comment

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for saying this but this is what I want to say....why need to change the engine? It's not like the CPS engine is so lousy. It has less power compare to a TC engine....of course la..1.6 NA only....what do you expect. A 200hp 1.6 NA? but always break down...you want?

I see now a lot of people before getting use to a car's handling already say want to BOT want to change engine.....in the end lost control because not familiar with the car's handling and limits. For what I say? I also like the surge of TC but I love the linear power of NA and the responsiveness nature. The CPS engine got potential one, just depends whether the owner knowledge on cars, engines, mechanical skill deep or not only. I suggest the TS to really go and understand the engine 1st and it's behavior...Then get used to it and mod along the path. Swapping out the engine is just a shortcut way of gaining more power....if you go every sweat and blood to build every drop of HP from the CPS engine....you gain more knowledge and respect....

Also, I know some lazy people who swap engine will just go to a few chop shop look for engine, test test the engine then see ok then buy, transplant into the car do some oil change and some parts change then drive and mod and up boost....then boost here boost there in the end engine kaput after 5 to 6 months....Then phone me, Joe my engine blow already, Joe my engine turbo kong, Joe my gearbox die already, Joe my ball shrink already because crankshaft patah....then with all the sad emoticons...

If TS really going to transplant, I suggest you after getting a half cut engine. Strip the whole engine down to bare then rebuild everything from scratch including the gearbox. Change every possible parts to new....then only put into the car.....this is what I consider a neat and correct way to do it. If not you are just putting a used engine (which you don't know how it was driven or care) into your car....

TS, I'm not sure what driving experience just a piece of advice. Enjoy the Neo, start doing up the handling department 1st. Power should be the last thing in your mind (although some light mods can be done like intake and exhaust). Master the handling department 1st. Although your Neo might not have 200hp or 180hp but if your car's handling is setup superbly it will still be very fast around the corners. Power is nothing without handling...

Actually you've just summed up exactly what I decided upon today. That's kinda creepy man.... but cool at the same time :biggrin:
I'd only do a engine transplant after i've completely mastered the car as it is.

Though i'd like to put my view on your idea to strip down the chop chop engine and build it back up with new components. Its obviously the best choice but there is one problem. The $$$$$$$$ involved to do that, hahaha.

I take in everyone's opinion here and compare it to what i'm thinking to make it better, so thank you for having your say :smile: Its still kinda creepy how you summed up what was going on in my head, hahaha.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
CSA, the rebuild process can do slowly....there are people out there who use 3 years or more just to rebuild an engine to it's tip top condition and perform even better. It's all down to planning....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
9k huh... Oh look, my wallet just set itself on fire, hahaha
Yea I checked out the website. I'll give them a call soon.
Yea that's from toyota. Wonder if there is a 5-valve engine from Mitsubishi? I like the 4AGE Blacktop, though I bet its pretty rare to find here in Malaysia eh?

Random question:
If I were to replace the exhaust system of the car early on then let's say I replace the engine after, will I still be able to use that exhaust system considering its still a 1.6 litre 4 cyclinder engine?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Found this 4G93T DOHC 16 Valve Turbo, any thoughts?
There are no 5 valve per cyl engines made for the Neo. If you want, you will have to go for the 4AGE Blacktop but in my opinion, would be a total waste.

The Neo engine is not bad, and if modded properly, cit can achieve the output of what the blacktop can achieve. 5 valve per cyl is not superior than 4 valve per cyl and this is even more true if you want to mod it to a higher output. Engineers have found out that 5 valve per cyl gives better breathing efficiency compared to 4 valves per cyl and has better aural qualities (slightly unique sound). But if you talk about high power, valve per cylinder makes better power. The reason is 5 valves per cyl has more moving parts that decreases the efficiency of the engine especially at high revs. The max power for an NA blacktop that I have ever heard of is 220 hp, while for the red top 4AGE, it is 250 hp. This is why they still stick with the redtop 4AGE in the Formula Atlantic rather than switching to the 20 valves engines.

I'm sorry but what is the difference between a Satria Neo R3 & a R3 Satria Neo??

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I kinda like Danz's view as well, though I was wondering after moding it with Works Engineering is it possible to plug a turbo as well? How much of a power increase do you think it'd be able to achieve? There isn't much space so I figure a twin turbo is out of the question?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I like the Campro CFE idea guys. Thanks for that! Though is there any 5 valve per cyclinder engines in the market? Was hoping to have an engine upgrade that breathes better and is more comfortable at higher revs. Doesn't Japan produce and bring in anymore?
If you want to play NA, play NA. If you plan to turbo, skip the initial NA mods. Build a turbo from the beginning because the mods for NA and turbo engines are different especially in the breathing. Especially camshafts, exhaust, intakes. If you build and NA engine using Works engineering stuff and you plan to turbo later, all your NA mods are wasted.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
also dont forget to do savings.... dont spend all your cash on mods. one time engine breakdown, sitting under the bridge already... hehe

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I agree. Even the IAFM Persona is good for me.
Persona is heavy but once u reach a certain speed, handling syiok.
Use a lighter oil(Now 5W40, going 5W30 next), make tons of difference.
Tailgate a Vios and see its ass going woobly woobly.
:biggrin: Make the best out of your car!

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
There are no 5 valve per cyl engines made for the Neo. If you want, you will have to go for the 4AGE Blacktop but in my opinion, would be a total waste.

The Neo engine is not bad, and if modded properly, cit can achieve the output of what the blacktop can achieve. 5 valve per cyl is not superior than 4 valve per cyl and this is even more true if you want to mod it to a higher output. Engineers have found out that 5 valve per cyl gives better breathing efficiency compared to 4 valves per cyl and has better aural qualities (slightly unique sound). But if you talk about high power, valve per cylinder makes better power. The reason is 5 valves per cyl has more moving parts that decreases the efficiency of the engine especially at high revs. The max power for an NA blacktop that I have ever heard of is 220 hp, while for the red top 4AGE, it is 250 hp. This is why they still stick with the redtop 4AGE in the Formula Atlantic rather than switching to the 20 valves engines.
That's very educational, thanks for that.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

If you want to play NA, play NA. If you plan to turbo, skip the initial NA mods. Build a turbo from the beginning because the mods for NA and turbo engines are different especially in the breathing. Especially camshafts, exhaust, intakes. If you build and NA engine using Works engineering stuff and you plan to turbo later, all your NA mods are wasted.
Think i'm gonna stick with NA first. If its single turbo i'm afraid i'll need to maintain the peaky moment to get that boost.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
CSA, when you said peaky moment...I'm guessing you are referring to the turbo respond or boost in period, correct? if you do not want to have lag choose a suitable turbo for the engine capacity. There's lag when you put a big turbo onto a small engine because the engine just can't create enough exhaust gas to spin up the turbo to create boost. What you need is a small turbine that can react quickly and able to spin the compressor wheel fast so to create boost. You need to look into the A/R ratio of the turbo.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi KL people,

Govn is call to impose RM40 per hour parking fee in KL district to reduce the traffic congestion and carbon emission in the city. They're giving example on developed countries such as Japan, US, Australia, and our neighbor Singapore.

The link is here: Call to impose RM40 parking fee

Govn is asking us to take public transport and don't drive car. Now the problems are -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience