Change Of Engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Anyone here know the difference between the 4G93t-CK version VS 4G93t-CB version??

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Only gonna start modding after i've mastered the manual Satria Neo R3 in its original state. See what's lacking and add on one by one by the handling, speed and ride experience. I suppose that would be the only way to truly learn about the car and the parts involved in making it better? Plus I wanna push my driving skills to see how much I can get from it despite the upgrades and compare it to after the upgrades. Would be fun to see :)

I'm just here to get hints on what options there are for different mods that can be done to it. Better to be prepared now, then to be lost later on.
Not to mention there are always new things to learn here all the time :)

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Oh anybody heard of the Cat-Back exhaust system? I heard it'll up the BHP by 15 or so. Though not sure if the 2013 Satria Neo R3 comes with it.
No R3 parts for the current satria neo r3. But can custom install from Proton when buying.
More like add ons.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
4G91,92,4G93t-CK version will fit nicely into the Neo... last month after Raya I had been rummaging chopshops around Klang to Kajang... those CK-93Ts halfcut costs between RM9500 to RM11,000s...

....was surprised how expensive CJ MIVECs and 4G93ts these days... they've become so rare, you really have to opt to buy someone else's car already converted, which is shy few ks away from buying halfcuts, but you get more stuff like seats, dampers, wheels, etc... compared to buying a halfcut...
Great to know it fits! :biggrin:
Talk about epic road trip! Halfcut as in the car right? Wouldn't the condition of the engine be deteriorated?
Buying another person's car is tough though... Nowadays most of them would have run above 150000++ km already, not to mention you wouldn't know what is its condition... Its big gamble, no?

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

No R3 parts for the current satria neo r3. But can custom install from Proton when buying.
More like add ons.
Oh, then I shall ask them just before purchasing. Though will it be worth it? I figured I could ask Works Engineering for one and they might install a better quality exhaust system. No offence but Proton doesn't exactly have a good record on quality goods.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
well on R3 division yes u can get decent quality but no one can confirm tha main factory's quality.. they have alot of subvendor and i somehow thinks it is one of the reason that affect their quality.. kroni also la.. But then, u can always change part that are less quality with all the good aftermarket parts since u wanted to mod this car.. rite? don't just mod it like u dont have brain, learn about it..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Talk about epic road trip! Halfcut as in the car right? Wouldn't the condition of the engine be deteriorated?
Buying another person's car is tough though... Nowadays most of them would have run above 150000++ km already, not to mention you wouldn't know what is its condition... Its big gamble, no?

Oh, then I shall ask them just before purchasing. Though will it be worth it? I figured I could ask Works Engineering for one and they might install a better quality exhaust system. No offence but Proton doesn't exactly have a good record on quality goods.
Bring your regular mech if you are looking for half cut or someone who knows a lot about cars and knows how to check. Buying half cut it is a gamble, problem usually only arise after 2 weeks. That's why some they only give you 2 weeks warranty, then after 2 weeks problem baru surface...then nothing you can do to claim but repair urself.

If lucky, u may find a good condition one and replace the parts inside only. Get a full half cut is better than getting engine kosong. Less hassle for looking for the parts for the engine.

R3 parts, instead they sell you the previous R3 Satria Neo, they make it as optional for the current neo instead :biggrin:

Maybe u can check in Satria Neo forums, R3 parts should be fine since they have the Real R3 version of satria neo in production before or just go for works in sunway. Is your money to decide. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well that's news to me. I always thought it was Yamaha that produced the first 5-valve engine.
Yea, I heard its possible but not to sure of the details. Probably just gonna hop with the idea that the other guys have provided and go with Works Engineering.
I'm sure if I ask there, they'd give me more details on the matter.
The only thing that worries me about the modding the CPS is the engine response, especially with a turbo. Though turbo has come a long way from its early days.... Hmmm if only a twin turbo was possible, hahahaha
Yamaha? Do you mean motorcycle engine? What I mean about that engine in Mitsubishi is the first for car engine.
Add on turbo to campro? I suggest not to do so. Since the engine is built for NA, it's inner components like the pistons might not be suitable if you went for bolt on turbo (BOT). Even if you did manage to get a BOT setup, you can only run on low boost or else you risk blowing up your engine or melting your pistons. This is a common problem faced by many Myvi owners that did BOT on their stock K3-VE engine.

mivec 4g92
If can put 4G92 MIVEC, why not just go for 4G93T instead for better power and torque?

Mod turbo, lots of things need to bring into considerations orr...if not later engine blow :afraid:
BOT is usually risky, engine transplant safer.

Maintain NA, mod but small gain. Turbo same amount spent but get more than what you paid to mod NA.
Agree with you. BOT is always risky but I guess BOT does not require the approval from JPJ isn't it? Unlike engine transplant.

Play with NA, you get instant torque from low rpm hence no turbo lag problem but if play turbo, you will get more power at higher rpm. Usually turbo are powerful than NA even with the existence of turbo lag but you're talking about engine sound, NA wins. :biggrin:

Time attack of course. No interest in drag. SPEED!~~

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I thought the same thing :)

By any chance would a 4G93T fit?
I suppose it does.

Anyone here know the difference between the 4G93t-CK version VS 4G93t-CB version??

CK version is what most call them engine terbalik compared to the earlier versions of 4G93T. This is the same case for 4G63T and 4G92 MIVEC as well. People usually call the newer versions as terbalik as their cam pulley and timing belt is located on the left (if you view the engine from the front of your car) while the older ones are located on the right side.

Both of these down here are the CK a.k.a terbalik versions of 4G93T.

This is the older version.

The older version is what many people have use to fit into Wira, Satria and Putra as the mounting fits. The newer CK terbalik version had a different mounting so it is actually not legal to transplant those into Wira, Satria and Putra. But newer Proton cars like Gen2 and Satria Neo, I heard that the mounting of CK version fits in without much modifications to the engine mounting.

I hope this helps. :biggrin:

You can rebuild the engine if you have the money. Then the engine should be running fine.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree with you. BOT is always risky but I guess BOT does not require the approval from JPJ isn't it? Unlike engine transplant.

Play with NA, you get instant torque from low rpm hence no turbo lag problem but if play turbo, you will get more power at higher rpm. Usually turbo are powerful than NA even with the existence of turbo lag but you're talking about engine sound, NA wins. :biggrin:
Not sure about BOT though. Turbo Exhaust sounds better :biggrin:
335i is sweet.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
well on R3 division yes u can get decent quality but no one can confirm tha main factory's quality.. they have alot of subvendor and i somehow thinks it is one of the reason that affect their quality.. kroni also la.. But then, u can always change part that are less quality with all the good aftermarket parts since u wanted to mod this car.. rite? don't just mod it like u dont have brain, learn about it..
Hmm, looks like more research needs to be done. Thanks for that nonetheless. Yea, i'll probably go with the after market parts.
Yea mate, i'm learning all that I can :)

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Bring your regular mech if you are looking for half cut or someone who knows a lot about cars and knows how to check. Buying half cut it is a gamble, problem usually only arise after 2 weeks. That's why some they only give you 2 weeks warranty, then after 2 weeks problem baru surface...then nothing you can do to claim but repair urself.

If lucky, u may find a good condition one and replace the parts inside only. Get a full half cut is better than getting engine kosong. Less hassle for looking for the parts for the engine.

R3 parts, instead they sell you the previous R3 Satria Neo, they make it as optional for the current neo instead

Maybe u can check in Satria Neo forums, R3 parts should be fine since they have the Real R3 version of satria neo in production before or just go for works in sunway. Is your money to decide.
Ahhh halfcut engine... such a pain you are, hahaha.
Nah I'll pass on the real R3 version of the Satria Neo. No fun if I can't learning the stuff myself, or even seeing the initial limits of the stock car. It'll cost more in the long run but I appreciate the knowledge i'd learn from it.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

CK version is what most call them engine terbalik compared to the earlier versions of 4G93T. This is the same case for 4G63T and 4G92 MIVEC as well. People usually call the newer versions as terbalik as their cam pulley and timing belt is located on the left (if you view the engine from the front of your car) while the older ones are located on the right side.

Both of these down here are the CK a.k.a terbalik versions of 4G93T.

This is the older version.

The older version is what many people have use to fit into Wira, Satria and Putra as the mounting fits. The newer CK terbalik version had a different mounting so it is actually not legal to transplant those into Wira, Satria and Putra. But newer Proton cars like Gen2 and Satria Neo, I heard that the mounting of CK version fits in without much modifications to the engine mounting.

I hope this helps.
Yea that really helped loads man! Was so confused about it for sometime, haha.
A friend was telling me the same thing about the CK versions for the new 2013 Satria Neo R3. Just gotta hunt one down though. Any idea on where to begin looking?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Play with NA, you get instant torque from low rpm hence no turbo lag problem but if play turbo, you will get more power at higher rpm. Usually turbo are powerful than NA even with the existence of turbo lag but you're talking about engine sound, NA wins.
I'll pass on the BOT, gonna stick with NA first. If I want to add the turbo i'll do the full engine mod to the 4G93T. That's when my driving skills have improved to a higher level. Plus not to mention the amount of money i'm gonna spend on tires and allignment, it'll take a while to save for the 4G93T.

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
hmm.. i wonder how long have u been driving?
got experience on high powered / turbo cars before?

for neo R3 2013, i thinks its still early if u want to heavily mod it.. u should experience the car 1st..

anyway, if u want fast option to increase ur neo cps, u can opt to install superchager. its kinda plug n play. cost around 10k full setup.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
hmm.. i wonder how long have u been driving?
got experience on high powered / turbo cars before?

for neo R3 2013, i thinks its still early if u want to heavily mod it.. u should experience the car 1st..

anyway, if u want fast option to increase ur neo cps, u can opt to install superchager. its kinda plug n play. cost around 10k full setup.
Of course i'm not gonna mod the car like some psycho. Take a step at a time, especially since I gotta play around with the car dimensions and its different driving characteristics.
Been driving for around 4+ years and yes I do have experience in turbo but only low powered cars and they were either auto or semi-autos. Never any manual ones or anything above 200+bhp.
The supercharger seemed to be a nicer option though turbo always gave a better bhp boost in comparison. I'll have to toy around with the new car and decide for myself which I require more.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yea that really helped loads man! Was so confused about it for sometime, haha.
A friend was telling me the same thing about the CK versions for the new 2013 Satria Neo R3. Just gotta hunt one down though. Any idea on where to begin looking?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I'll pass on the BOT, gonna stick with NA first. If I want to add the turbo i'll do the full engine mod to the 4G93T. That's when my driving skills have improved to a higher level. Plus not to mention the amount of money i'm gonna spend on tires and allignment, it'll take a while to save for the 4G93T.
I think you can find those in many halfcut shops around KL. I'm not sure which halfcut shop you should go because I'm not based in KL. You just need to find for Lancer CK halfcut with 4G93T.

Like these

Halfcut Lancer GSR Ck Turbo for BALIK RAYA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Halfcut gsr ck manual 1.8 turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Good to hear that you've abandoned the idea of doing BOT. Agree with what you've said, stick to NA first and change to 4G93T if you want to go for forced induction.

Of course i'm not gonna mod the car like some psycho. Take a step at a time, especially since I gotta play around with the car dimensions and its different driving characteristics.
Been driving for around 4+ years and yes I do have experience in turbo but only low powered cars and they were either auto or semi-autos. Never any manual ones or anything above 200+bhp.
The supercharger seemed to be a nicer option though turbo always gave a better bhp boost in comparison. I'll have to toy around with the new car and decide for myself which I require more.
True. Better do things step by step and slowly. Get to know your car's characteristics well first before going for high power. It is dangerous and risky if you are not familiar with the car and suddenly you straight away upgrade your engine to something like 4G93T which has more than 200hp.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think you can find those in many halfcut shops around KL. I'm not sure which halfcut shop you should go because I'm not based in KL. You just need to find for Lancer CK halfcut with 4G93T.

Like these

Halfcut Lancer GSR Ck Turbo for BALIK RAYA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Halfcut gsr ck manual 1.8 turbo - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
That's awesome! Great start for hunting it down :)
Yea, gotta get used to the car. Like now my current Proton Persona (Automatic) is like a go-kart for me.
After driving it for some time everything seems very natural. The engine response, teasing the brakes (no ABS), handling and the car's reaction during high speed cornering. Though it really lacks the pull from 0 to 80. After that its pretty decent for a proton. Manages up to 170km/h as long as the petrol is below 35% to reduce weight.
One way to solve the lack-off pull problem is to shift the auto gear box manually (drag to "L" and increase from there till you reach "D") while reving it to 6000rpm for the max power. Though that seems to have loosen the lever mechanism somewhat, hahaha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That's awesome! Great start for hunting it down :)
Yea, gotta get used to the car. Like now my current Proton Persona (Automatic) is like a go-kart for me.
After driving it for some time everything seems very natural. The engine response, teasing the brakes (no ABS), handling and the car's reaction during high speed cornering. Though it really lacks the pull from 0 to 80. After that its pretty decent for a proton. Manages up to 170km/h as long as the petrol is below 35% to reduce weight.
One way to solve the lack-off pull problem is to shift the auto gear box manually (drag to "L" and increase from there till you reach "D") while reving it to 6000rpm for the max power. Though that seems to have loosen the lever mechanism somewhat, hahaha.
All the best in finding a nice halfcut. :biggrin:
So, Persona is your daily car and your Neo is the weekend ride? Your Neo is using manual right?

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
All the best in finding a nice halfcut.
So, Persona is your daily car and your Neo is the weekend ride? Your Neo is using manual right?
Sort of. Gonna sell the Persona actually and ride the Neo all the way since I do very light driving on weekdays. In any case,

Thanks so much guys!!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Do get the Manual Satria Neo if you plan for mods, don't get the Auto one since u already experienced your sorrow and pain in an Auto Persona. U know how much u wish it was manual for proton.

Auto don't rev like that wei...even though they say gearbox is tough for proton but then chances are u gonna blow it soon :rofl:
I know is shiok la :laugh:

KL lots of half cut shops, or if u really want i can ask a friend of mine, see if he can source one for u. Usually he imports direct from Japan.

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Do get the Manual Satria Neo if you plan for mods, don't get the Auto one since u already experienced your sorrow and pain in an Auto Persona. U know how much u wish it was manual for proton.

Auto don't rev like that wei...even though they say gearbox is tough for proton but then chances are u gonna blow it soon
I know is shiok la

KL lots of half cut shops, or if u really want i can ask a friend of mine, see if he can source one for u. Usually he imports direct from Japan.
Yea Auto cars.... :afraid:
The gearbox on Proton's just can't take a beating like the way they used to. I think its the manufacturing that's cutting corners to reduce cost.
Now i'm just taking care of it till its sold off.

Wow, if your friend could import one that would be freaking amazing! :rock:
Though the earliest i'd do that heavy mod would be a 1+ year from now. Need to save money, hahaha. What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Why not just install supercharger kit? much simpler than changing engine.
True and the supercharger gives power at the low revs. Unfortunately I seemed very drawn to the turbo idea. Not to mention the sound~ :biggrin:
The Campro CPS is perfect for getting used to the car though I would very much prefer an engine that's naturally comfortable with a higher bhp and has a higher quality standard to it. Engine-wise Mitsubishi > Proton in my book anyday, though that's just my opinion.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yea Auto cars.... :afraid:
The gearbox on Proton's just can't take a beating like the way they used to. I think its the manufacturing that's cutting corners to reduce cost.
Now i'm just taking care of it till its sold off.

Wow, if your friend could import one that would be freaking amazing! :rock:
Though the earliest i'd do that heavy mod would be a 1+ year from now. Need to save money, hahaha. What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?
No idea after 1 year+ price differs a lot with the price hike of fuel :rofl:
Also importing one depends on the currency of Japan to determine the price.

But then this engine u can get it locally no need to import specially i suppose. Can go start hunting to know market value then roughly u know how much to save.

J Neo

Oct 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What's the cost estimation for 4G93T+shipping+mounting?
Bro.. if you buy 4G93T CK manual halfcut from local halfcut shop it will cost you about 20k-25k to mount on satria neo. 4G93T CK engine is not plug and play to satria neo engine bay. there are a lot of custom work has to be done in order to make it work to make it roadworthy and reliable. but the result will be totally worth 20k-25k you forked out. the combination of powerful engine with satria neo handling characteristic will carve a smile in your face every time you drive it..

Reliable BOT will cost you about the same if not more depending on hardware use.. for that kind of money you get an engine with about 2xxhp running on 0.9 to 1.2 bar boost.. the advantage of BOT route is you can take off the kit any time if the need arise and you dont have to deal with JPJ and puspakom to endorse the engine. ( the endorsement will not bet straight forward as putting 4G93T in satria neo will involve chasis cutting)

last word.. dont be discourage by people who says not worthed la, cannot la or not reliable la.. always seek advice from people who have done it not from people who read it somewhere.. knowledge is nothing without experience.. cheers and happy modding:driver::driver:

Clutch_Shift_Accelerate

Known Member
Sep 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
No idea after 1 year+ price differs a lot with the price hike of fuel
Also importing one depends on the currency of Japan to determine the price.

But then this engine u can get it locally no need to import specially i suppose. Can go start hunting to know market value then roughly u know how much to save.
Hmm, I'll probably start looking on our shores for it. Just gotta cross my fingers and hope I come across one that's in good condition.

Love the Turbo Lag photo! :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's a new UHP candidate from Continental Tyre lately, and it's not just another Sport Contact sibling either. Yes you've heard, It's the new MC6. Short for Max Contact, The new MC series will not just replace older MC5, it takes on a new role in the world of Ultra High...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience