Car almost stolen AGAIN

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just put a steering quick release and bring the steering with you. Thief cannot drive the car unless they bring their own steering wheel.
I also have a kill switch in the trunk for the battery. Cannot crank without battery. Also, carry a 9mm. Thief cannot run faster than a bullet.
Battery for normal cars cannot I think. Once killed for a few hours, one cannot start the car.
I know Perodua cannot. Hahahah

Where to buy a 9mm? :rolleyes: That reminds me to learn to do a kill switch from a friend.
Quick release is a very good idea, but that can only be done when park around housing area.

If shopping center, not gonna carry along a steering and walk around haha!
Woi, do sama sama lah. Friend is me kah? :biggrin:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
The air bag should be filled with poisonous nerve gas....once deployed, the bag explode....and the thief will die inhaling the gas.

Car thief bastard should die horribly....as they prey on the hardwork and sweat of the car owner.
Ha ha. Pretty messy to clean up :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Battery for normal cars cannot I think. Once killed for a few hours, one cannot start the car.

You know. Some new cars have to reset radio, etc when battery is drained. My Merc battery when dead few weeks ago. replaced battery and now asking for code for stereo. You have to call Merc dealer and prove of ownership before the can give you the code to unlock the stereo. Some dealer charge $100 USD for the code. I am thinking hell with it. I will just "sing" whatever song I want to listen when I am driving it. Save a hundred dollars. :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe can program the airbag to deploy if your remote is away from the car. When the thief breaks in and sit on the driver seat. Walla, airbag deploy in his face. That should scare the hell out of him seriously. :biggrin:
Good idea, just rather expensive! Problem is, how do you test the installation that it really works without actually bursting the airbag open? :biggrin:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Good idea, just rather expensive! Problem is, how do you test the installation that it really works without actually bursting the airbag open? :biggrin:
Just drive it to somewhere "un-safe" and leave it unlock and start "fishing" for dumb ass :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if one could sit and wait and "fish" the dumbass, I'l have myself some buddies armed with bats. Once the thief is spotted, its wacking time before handing over to the police....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Ah! kill switch is not to have power to starter mah! not kill the battery? Done before without problems. If not kill power to fuel pump then....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Learn together that friend can be you, but learn from a friend, cannot be u cuz u r also planning to learn from the friend that I plan to learn from :biggrin:

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
very lucky Ts car not stolen again,

my car almost got stolen happened on midnight while everyone asleep.
my parent awake by the sudden alarm triggered beeping sound from remote key (then re-lock again).
next morning only found out it was bugger thief try to steal the car by force & pry open the hood caused my car alarm went triggered.
but damaged has been done on the front hood :mad:

currently installed quick release kit with the lock as well..
hope this would deter from thief again. :smile:

Base on this thread http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-crimes-and-security/435990-car-stolen-help-pls.html my car has been stolen few months ago but already recovered.

From just now 8pm i park my car outside my house as usual(better parking spot now direct view from all the houses nearby), didn't use steering lock etc only door lock because i know i will go out again at the midnight. 2am just now i was planning to go for supper, after opening my house inner door i saw two malay teenager stand beside my car speaking on the phone, having cigarette and walk away slowly(they should be acting because they know i saw them).

That time i still didn't realize they are car theft because at this area many indian and malay walk around during midnight. I walk to my car and i realize my car door is hijacked(They took out the cover below the car window to unlock the door).

Those theft really love my car :mad:, another lesson learnt..secure your car even your just leaving your car for awhile.

Area : Sri rampai KL

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Learn together that friend can be you, but learn from a friend, cannot be u cuz u r also planning to learn from the friend that I plan to learn from :biggrin:
Hahahha u never say u wanted to, so didn't expect.

Install a tracker in your car, can trace your car , switch off engine with your phone or calling the HQ.
Park underground for awhile then signal is lost. And I think those tracker doesn't refresh location actively, only after a few mins.

if one could sit and wait and "fish" the dumbass, I'l have myself some buddies armed with bats. Once the thief is spotted, its wacking time before handing over to the police....
Pakat with TS then. I volunteer as tribute!

Ah! kill switch is not to have power to starter mah! not kill the battery? Done before without problems. If not kill power to fuel pump then....:biggrin:
Ohhhhh. I thought straightaway as battery kill switch.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, mechanic's client Evo 6.5 with GPS tracker also stolen.....:banghead:
Probably using a gps jammer, thief's are getting more high tech huh?
well a combo of security gadgets, for example
GPS tracker, immobilizer, steering lock would make it very hard for the thief to steal your car but it's not thief proof.

My perdana v6 had a steering lock but it was successfully stolen, my mistake was parking it outside a condo because no visitors were allowed to stay midnight without permission.

To reduce the risk of theft, always park in safe areas. Always park inside your house compound if possible, if you go to eat at a mamak, make sure you park your car where you can see it,
always park at a paid car park. No point saving a few ringgit which risk your car getting scratched, damaged, stolen, etc

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably using a gps jammer, thief's are getting more high tech huh?
well a combo of security gadgets, for example
GPS tracker, immobilizer, steering lock would make it very hard for the thief to steal your car but it's not thief proof.

My perdana v6 had a steering lock but it was successfully stolen, my mistake was parking it outside a condo because no visitors were allowed to stay midnight without permission.

To reduce the risk of theft, always park in safe areas. Always park inside your house compound if possible, if you go to eat at a mamak, make sure you park your car where you can see it,
always park at a paid car park. No point saving a few ringgit which risk your car getting scratched, damaged, stolen, etc
Yup, agree that no system is full proof. More to delay them.
Let me fill in more to the Evo theft. Story from my mechanic who got it from the owner.
Stolen from his Condo. Was away on holiday using his MPV. Evo was with GPS trekker, sms alert, alarm and some lock. Seems because he parked lower level car park, probably phone line signal was bad therefore sms alert did not alert. As for the GPS it seems the thief knows how to disarm. Guards on their round saw some people at the car, but they bluff the guard that they were mechanics and car cannot start (you know our guard standard).:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, agree that no system is full proof. More to delay them.
Let me fill in more to the Evo theft. Story from my mechanic who got it from the owner.
Stolen from his Condo. Was away on holiday using his MPV. Evo was with GPS trekker, sms alert, alarm and some lock. Seems because he parked lower level car park, probably phone line signal was bad therefore sms alert did not alert. As for the GPS it seems the thief knows how to disarm. Guards on their round saw some people at the car, but they bluff the guard that they were mechanics and car cannot start (you know our guard standard).:banghead::banghead:
This whole car stealing syndicate seems to be very professional. Probably already targeted that Evo for quite some time. At the end, is the car retrieved back?