Putra almost kena jacked

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi all, this is going to be abit long, so I'll use alot of paragraphs for easier reading, ok?

I drive a year 2000 Putra. I just changed my ignition key to those "ball bearing" key system. The reason is because on last Saturday (30/9/2006), my Putra was almost stolen. This happened at the road going upward, that you can see when you exit from Endah Parade main entrance. I parked further up the road, where the road bends alittle bit. Becareful when you park here, read the reason why below...

It happened at 5.30pm too, the crime is getting worse
I was lucky because I saw it all happen when I was walking back to my car. A metallic white Perdana V6 with the number plate WLA 7326 stopped beside my car. A fat chinese guy with long hair and unkept moustache got out of the passenger side, to my driver's side door. I saw the basturd opened the driver's side door and the alarm was ringing. I shouted at the basturd and he panicked and got back into the Perdana. I was calling 112 while running towards my car and realized I dont have anything with me, not even a stick or something, so I stopped from getting to close to the Perdana.

But when they see me dialling my handphone, they quickly sped off. I checked my car and the passenger's side door handle is broken, they stolen the key lock but the door isnt open. The CID detective that I spoke to later that night, told me that they took the passenger side key lock to mold a key. That's how I realize they opened my driver's side door with ease.

I did put steering lock and gear lock on, but I think they want to steal my car, not my accessories.

Anyway, after that experience, I am scared, I plan to install alot of security features now. Changing to a "ball bearing" ignition wont help much, right? I was suggested to use a "brake-lock" mechanism, that stop the brake pedal from being pressed but what's the use when the robber can still use the hand brake? My auto transmission car can change gear without pressing the brake pedal, so it defeat the whole purpose of using that "brake-lock" system. How about the alarm? Will it help much if I install those "cat-eye" system and those vibration sensor?

Sad that Malaysia becoming more and more dangerous. 5.30pm in the afternoon too... On Monday I was asked by the CID detective to "cam muka" on photographs provided by him at the Brickfield's Police Station. I hope the police will capture him and kick his farking ass good. The damage to my car is roughly about RM600 (including the new ignition lock and repair, but havent resprayed the door handle...sad...:X-:

Oct 3, 2006
sorry to hear what happened... better to check if the Perdana number plate is valid.. who knows.. it may be the real car they used....you know what I meant... check with JPJ if the WLA 7326 belong to a Perdana and white color.. if it is correct... go and find the guy and do whatever you want to do to him.... My best way is.. to hell..:angry_smile:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
white perdana.... police car? LOL.

Sorry to hear about that, but glad to hear that your car is not stolen
thanks for sharing. will be stay alert .

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Lucky you stopped those fuckers in time. Hope their family dies in vain. Yes, my words are vicious, but these fuckers deserves so. If they dont do it, their family wont get sweared right?

hey Black... i kept wondering.. you got urself a Coupe? whrs u supa?

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
I'm just hoping everyone will be more careful nowadays. Imagine if you are a girl, I dont dare to imagine what they going to do to you, if you tried to stop them from stealing your car...Scary...

deadman84

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
bro the brack lock thing is on the market for quite a time d..can check with smart shop i see them add it before

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
deadman84 said:
bro the brack lock thing is on the market for quite a time d..can check with smart shop i see them add it before
Seems no use because Proton auto transmission can change gear without pressing the brake pedal.

The robber will just use the hand brake.

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
Ingolstadt said:
black driving a supra... wow.. i thought he drive coupe only...
anyway, why they would wanna steal your car???
ermmm.. u got any mod on it ka???
i thought thieve usually steal car if d car is modded...

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
KeV-TEC said:
black driving a supra... wow.. i thought he drive coupe only...
anyway, why they would wanna steal your car???
ermmm.. u got any mod on it ka???
i thought thieve usually steal car if d car is modded...
Duno...Outside I only changed to projector HID light and 16" rims, otherwise, my car full stock look. But still, my friends tell me Putra spare parts can sell for good price...

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
ooo...
maybe becuz putra not in market anymore kua...
but lots a ppl like to mod putra...
so valuable

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Yeah bro, I think that's why they wanted to steal my car. I admit my car's security is very bad. Infact, I think most Proton car's security damn bad.

Yesterday I went to Proton showroom and tried the Satria Neo 1.6 auto. Again, I can change the gears without pressing the brake pedal.

Then I went to Toyota showroom and test the samething on a Vios, the car's gear cannot change if you dont press the brake pedal...

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
so dangerous nowadays..got to be more careful..i think putra is one of the most stolen car in Malaysia..rather than other model.but even other cars susch as harrier and perdan can easily be stolen..

my fren driving his father harrier found the car gone in the morning..nowhere insight.sad..

for security purposes, i think the best way should be using a fuel cutter, or maybe a device to stop the engine from even be started without authority..i'm still thinking on dping that, without repeatedly opening the hood and removing the distributor..hehe.(done that when parked my previous car for a long time, cause the distributor can be easily opened.a mazda that is.hehe)

even the sound of an alarm wont make the car unstealable..how?some people don't even bother about alarm ringing also..

the best way?hmm...

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
feudalklippe said:
my fren driving his father harrier found the car gone in the morning..nowhere insight.sad..
i do heard 1 zth member here saying his harrier kena stolen in d afternoon when ha was having lunch... how it happen... he come back to tak his car after lunch... d car gone... ask some1 around how... they say they saw a tow truck... tow his car away... n they thought d car was k.o liaw thats why d tow truck tow away, some even thought maybe dint bayar bank loan so they tow away... man... ada alarm or lock sterring or lock gear also no use... ermmm... how???

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Ingolstadt said:
Lucky you stopped those fuckers in time. Hope their family dies in vain. Yes, my words are vicious, but these fuckers deserves so. If they dont do it, their family wont get sweared right?

I tot Blackhowling is driving Supra while BlackSamurai taiko is driving coupe, OOps off topic! :biggrin:

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
yeah its true...
maybe ingolstadt confuse between blacksamurai n blackhowling...
both als BLACK!!! hoho
got another member here call whitehowling summore... d font also about d same with blackhowling.. big small big small case... erm...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My dad's toyota alphard just finished its warranty with Naza, I want to service it other than in Naza as it is expensive, can anyone recommend any other workshop that handles oil change for this type of car.
Also, any recommendation for its engine oil?
Preferably in Klang

Thanks alot.:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience