Calling Galant GLS '80's owner.

Mell74

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang
Hi Bro,
I just own a '82 Galant 1.6lit and I was suprise that the FC is very high. 1st time I fill up the tank it went up to RM120 for only 500km!! Very shocking exprience. What can I do about it? I mean to reduce the FC of this car cause I just love the feel when driving it. To change to a bigger engine will help?

Thanks for your contribution.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
It's a carbie car... FC is much higher than fuel injected cars. Alternatively, when was the last time u overhaul / service the engine?

Mell74

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang
Bro,
I just bought it 2 weeks ago without doing any research of this model. In fact it's wasn't a plan buy. Than only I realise the FC is very high but it's too late already! But I love the feel went driving it, Very comfortable and big!
So, I was thinking of changing the engine to 4G37B Super Touring engine. Is it going to help to reduce the FC? Again, it not worth to overhaul the engine as 1.6 for that body is underpower I guess!?

Thanks.

Mell74

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang
Hi acbc,
I have already change the engine to 4G37B and the Fc is quite good, about RM0.18 perkm. but still I not very satisfied with the power increase! Thinking of changing to 4G63B, any coment?
By the way what the diffrent between 4G37 and 4G37B?

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2006
I have a mitsubishi galant GLS 2.0 (1982).... From the manual it is stated that the engine type is 4G63.... is my engine the same as 4G63B? my fc is quite ok. i just love the torque n power of the engine.. if i were to change the engine.... what engine is the most suitable for my galant?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I despise big SUVs, I have mentioned that countless times before so I’m not going to go down that road, I just wanted to introduce this behemoth SUV, the Alton F650 XUV.

Apparently, the thing is so huge, it dwarfs a Hummer H1 !! Getting in for a normal sized person could be a daunting task, just look at how a person sizes up to it in the picture. The Ford F650 truck based mammoth is powered by a straight six, 7.2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience