Caliper carrier bolt spacing

zhaktronz

Feb 3, 2015
Australia
Does anybody know the bolt spacing for the caliper carriers on our Airtreks? Need to know if its 130mm like on Evo 3/ FTO or 160mm like on later model VR4s

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am not sure about the actual measurement but I knew that the brakes we have comes from E3. I think you'll need to open up and measure. Sorry can't help much.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am not sure about the actual measurement but I knew that the brakes we have comes from E3. I think you'll need to open up and measure. Sorry can't help much.
Oh! Brakes from Evo 3? Engine is de-tuned Evo 7 right? Seems quite far off?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I read from a few forums that some claimed Airtrek Turbo is actually manufactured from 'remaining unused Evo parts'. hahaha.. not sure if it's true. I knew that brake from E3 and engine internals and blocks from E4/5. So just to clear the store, they made Airtreks. haha...

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Honestly, the brakes are actually fine for stock. BUt if you increase the power even slightly, it will not be able to handle the car. This is because it's over 150kgs heavier than Evos. So the extra weight is killing the 2 pots calipers.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I read from a few forums that some claimed Airtrek Turbo is actually manufactured from 'remaining unused Evo parts'. hahaha.. not sure if it's true. I knew that brake from E3 and engine internals and blocks from E4/5. So just to clear the store, they made Airtreks. haha...

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Honestly, the brakes are actually fine for stock. BUt if you increase the power even slightly, it will not be able to handle the car. This is because it's over 150kgs heavier than Evos. So the extra weight is killing the 2 pots calipers.
They ran out of Remaining Parts, so that was the end of Air Treks......:rofl:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Haha... yeah. Airtrek Turbo production shortlived. They started mid of 2002 and ceased 2005...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

nope.. technically.. the front brakes come from evo 4 2pot.. but, evo 3 and evo 4 using same pads and caliper just that the caliper spacing or caliper bracket different.. evo 4 spacing and bracket are cun cun to bolt on with e5-9 brembo calipers:driver:

zhaktronz

Feb 3, 2015
Australia
They ran out of Remaining Parts, so that was the end of Air Treks......:rofl:
Probably more like they had leftover tooling that had production life left on it still rather than literal parts.

Anyway research has revealed that part number MB618218 - the Airtrek caliper carrier *should* be 130mm bolt spacing.

Which means you can bolt up 130mm bolt spacing VR4 calipers to run 294mm discs, OR just change the caliper carrier to part number MR307282 to convert an Airtrek caliper into a 294mm VR4 caliper.

zhaktronz

Feb 3, 2015
Australia
In case anyone was wondering; I have confirmed 130mm bolt spacing on my Airtrek.

Anyone looking to upgrade to 294mm brakes, all you need is the 294mm rotors, and two of these to convert your caliper.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I want to modify my Kenari to MOVE or YRV engine(turbo charge).I want to know how much is the halfcut.Because i don't want feel cheated if i buy too expensive halfcut.If u have any recommend where to buy half cut engine tell me.
Thank You
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience