Buying Rx7 !! Searching !!

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hey im looking 2 buy an rx7 those of you who are selling your car please pm me your hp num,details of the car and pics thanks !

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
aravind said:
Hey im looking 2 buy an rx7 those of you who are selling your car please pm me your hp num,details of the car and pics thanks !
Just an advise, don't bother to waste your time on viewing 2nd FD cars from used dealer. You will be wasting your time. Unless you are desperate to get one.

Try to get it from our RE members here.... Perhaps glen can let you know who's selling....

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Rx7

hahah wei not necessary laa.....i know some ppl selling rx7 but not in RE Club ! but good work done on the cars.....

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
If you read my posting i said "don't bother to waste your time on viewing 2nd FD cars from used dealer". Normally dealer cars are crappy, unless you are darn lucky.

Buy from direct, is much better....

aravind said:
hahah wei not necessary laa.....i know some ppl selling rx7 but not in RE Club ! but good work done on the cars.....

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
rx7

haha wei i know !! re club all rx7 for sale very expensive la...i have budget...glenn's rx is very expensive !! ehehe

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
aravind said:
haha wei i know !! re club all rx7 for sale very expensive la...i have budget...glenn's rx is very expensive !! ehehe
Not all are expensive, take your time to scout for a right one. Here are some tips.

1. Test drive a few, so that you can compare.

2. Bring along a friend or two. Preferbaly with RE experience.

3. Read lots of tips on how to buy a used FD over at the internet. Make some key notes to test against the car.

4. Some basic test would be the boost pattern for twin turbo, water temp, 3k rpm hessitation on 3rd gear, 5th gear syn, idle with and without aircon ON, check ALL elec. switches esp the driver side power window switch.

5. Try to find minor minor fault and haggle your way through.

6. Engine compression test, if you want to purhase the car. (refer to prev thread for the desire results)

7. *Any more to add?

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
rx7

eh thanks for the tips wei....u have fd is it ? lemme have a look with it eh can u pass me any ppl's details of those sellin their rx7 preferbally infinite or fd or fd-s. thanks

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Glen's (13btt) RX-7 'expensive' lah!

Haha yup I agree - more epensive than others - but its all relative at the end of the day. You buy cheap and I guarantee you'll have numerous operational problems in the future. Stated differently "you get what you pay for!" Bear in mind also that rotaries when broken are not cheap to fix (properly that is).

aravind said:

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
13btt said:
Haha yup I agree - more epensive than others - but its all relative at the end of the day. You buy cheap and I guarantee you'll have numerous operational problems in the future. Stated differently "you get what you pay for!" Bear in mind also that rotaries when broken are not cheap to fix (properly that is).
glenn im taking alook at jensen's fd 2moro anyways...yea i know haha ! if cheap fd means 4 sure got prob la !haha

FD3S

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
HAHAHA~!!!! My FD is not cheap too~!!! I rather not to sell with the price range of 70K++ and below~!!!!!!

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Rx7 !!

FD3S said:
HAHAHA~!!!! My FD is not cheap too~!!! I rather not to sell with the price range of 70K++ and below~!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA yea la it depends on the condition of the car then u can put the price tag ! :rock:

aravind

Deleted User
Jul 31, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Worth It ?

is it worth it year 92/97
single turbo 460hp
ech pwer fc
blue
carbon fibre gt wing
hood is kevlar
minor acc but fixed up
spent 90k on the car
t04r turbo i think?
intercooler
radiator aluminium
4 defi meters
1 teko meter ?
LOAN IS 40k !! WTF

worth it a ?sumeore minor acc i dunno la have 2 view da car first

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Any of you guys know how to get rid of the problem when u put down your handbrake your handbrake light is still on or not? I always get this ... could it be not enough brake oil?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience