Buying my first car, Inspira 2.0. Need info and tips on purchasing.

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Guys, I have not done my homework yet. But after a Mamak session with my friends, they raised a new concern. Apparently the inspira 2.0 is not running on 4B11 engine(which is lancer 2.0 current engine). They're claiming that it's previous engine model that is fitted into inspira..

How true is this?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
have they checked their geran/garrant/pink slip for the engine code???? :biggrin:

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
^pomen_GTR^ said:
have they checked their geran/garrant/pink slip for the engine code???? :biggrin:
No la bro..they didn't..they are claiming!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
if they are claiming..... then their claims are wrong and ask them to re-check with their source....

I drive an Inspira 2.0 and its a 4B11. Even proton has that in their website.....funny that your friends claims otherwise.

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
DarkAccoon said:
if they are claiming..... then their claims are wrong and ask them to re-check with their source....

I drive an Inspira 2.0 and its a 4B11. Even proton has that in their website.....funny that your friends claims otherwise.
Haha, I told them exactly the same thing. I just double checked in the website, it's the same..

Anyway, have you test drive the lancer 2.0?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my cousin sister has a lancer 2.0

erm.... overall on the inside, feels the same. Inspira is softer and suitable as a comfortable car as compared to lancer which has harder suspension.

i love my inspira except for a few glitches such as horrible sound proofing. noisy suspension (i heard even the newer batches has the same problem) and stupid player

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
due to the recent tsunami disaster that hit the Jap's..make sure the inspira 2.0 u buy have a genuine MIVEC enginee..ask the salesman what type of MIVEC engine it use, make sure it's 2.0 L DOHC 4B11.

If 4B11 then sure will be 4B11. How to produce a fake engine all of sudden in such a short time? At most mayb 1 day proton announce they will manufacture 4B11 locally. However it will be still be the 4B11 design. It's not easy to design n fabricate an engine from scratch after all...

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Guys, I have not done my homework yet. But after a Mamak session with my friends, they raised a new concern. Apparently the inspira 2.0 is not running on 4B11 engine(which is lancer 2.0 current engine). They're claiming that it's previous engine model that is fitted into inspira..

How true is this?

It can be easily checked by car registration card or looking at the engine block number or the more exaggerated case dismantle the engine send to mitsubishi japan for inspection. Proton can't con us like 3 years old kids today. So, dun worry bout those claimings... haha...:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i love my inspira except for a few glitches such as horrible sound proofing. noisy suspension (i heard even the newer batches has the same problem) and stupid player
This is interesting. The 1st batch of Inspiras was found to have more sound proofing than the Lancer and suspension was supposedly tuned by our local engineers to have a better ride than the Lancer. Unless they've started skimping on whatever batch it is they are making now.... which isn't unprecedented since Proton is famous for their marketing ploys.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
This is interesting. The 1st batch of Inspiras was found to have more sound proofing than the Lancer and suspension was supposedly tuned by our local engineers to have a better ride than the Lancer. Unless they've started skimping on whatever batch it is they are making now.... which isn't unprecedented since Proton is famous for their marketing ploys.
nah, Lancer itself does not have that good a soundproofing.
my batch is among the 1st batch. chassis 2XXX made in December 2010. its ok......just that i am a bit fussy.:P

but by all means, this is a real bang for buck car.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
sound proofing ok ma...and its quieter than lancer gt at some point due to the tire by conti CC5 series very quite ....but handling wise lose to lancer gt cos inspira has a very high ground clearance and thick tire.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nah, Lancer itself does not have that good a soundproofing.
my batch is among the 1st batch. chassis 2XXX made in December 2010. its ok......just that i am a bit fussy.:P

but by all means, this is a real bang for buck car.
There's this rumour about the very 1st batch of show cars as being imported models which supposedly had "more" of everything.

Since yours is a 2L, throw in some sound dampening and autofoam la. Fussy people need to have the best of everything! :biggrin:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeah... more of everything.......

well sort of.... there is motor in our headlights but proton did not give us the switch to use the motor (to adjust the beam height)

So ppl go buy the switch from Mitsu for RM180.

not too sure bout the newer batches of Inspira. But things i notice is that windscreen is no longer from Mitsu, steering is different. erm...... rest tak tau.

=P, fussy ppl with no money like me... turn the volume higher lor, then all external noise gone. cheap...FREE solution.

lameshit

Sep 17, 2011
Johor Bahru
Inspira I find it quite cheap cheaper than lancer gt , I have a frend who received the car few months back, within 1 month fully convert the exterior to evo10 god dam it will evo 10 owners be surprised after proton brought down the standard and class for Mitsubishi?

Tai Wok Pau

From Facebook
Dec 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
Let me share my experience with my less than 2-month old Proton Inspira 2.0P. Last week, I discovered that the car boot was flooded with water. I reported the problem to Proton i.Care and they responded to my email the very next morning. I was told that they have forwarded my complaint to the respective departments. Not bad at all; for their very prompt reply.

Unfortunately, that was the last I heard from them. I waited for a full week and not even a single call or email from them. I wrote to Proton i.Care again and told them that I have made a service appointment and requested that they ensure that someone is there to attend to my problem. This time, not even a reply from them.

This is what I got for buying a Proton Inspira; Poor QC + Poor Service. I took a gamble and thinking that they have improved much over the last couple of years. I was wrong and paid dearly for it. Think twice before you part with your hard earned money.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well, I just found something that I believe that many have always had this idea especially us who are always stucked in a traffic jam during peak hours and hoping that our car could just fly over all those cars whenever there are heavy traffics

While imaginations/dreams are those things that make something come into reality..after so many years since my childhood, well it could be back to 30 or 50 years ago that someone had that kind of imagination and wish cars could fly...just that it is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience