Bolt on Turbo for 4G92P SOHC

Status
Not open for further replies.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
clankiller,cant boost higher..no boost controller yet..

the dyno machine alarm "need more fuel at higher rpm"

i only affraid the engine detonate...:)
tat's wat i said,u need more fuel n air in order to boost higher...not to mention parts tat need to be changed in order to get better afr..
if u said 0.6 bar is ok..but 0.38 is freaking low bro...is like nothing :(..
can try a cheap boost controller which cost below rm100 if just wanted a low boost around 0.5-0.6...well,the better the best but it gonna be costly...
since he mention tat he is playing wit low-pressure boost only..so it's not neccesary to get an expensive boost controler...

Ohh.. what I meant was Just supercharging instead of Turbocharging. Get a root type or twin screw type so that it can be hidden.

Silent killlerz... No road block worries...
Oh lol sorry for misunderstanding...supercharging is just like mivec or v-tec...is for high-end power... :)
no road block worries?don think so bro...high-end power somemore...u drive 100km/h to 180km/h easily just within a few sec...once kena speed trap,in front got road block...siap...muahahah

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
contresjun,from a daily ride with +- 80hp and increase to 100+ hp,i think he the happy chap now...for now la...:)
well last time my NA engine also about that HP...but is definately not enough...
u will be satisfy for now but not in the incoming future..you will get boring for such low power...

since u already BOT...why don't you bring the performance to a higher level...
SOHC engine the best u can go is about 140-150HP...i got a friend who achieve that on 4G15 engine...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
tat's wat i said,u need more fuel n air in order to boost higher...not to mention parts tat need to be changed in order to get better afr..
if u said 0.6 bar is ok..but 0.38 is freaking low bro...is like nothing :(..
can try a cheap boost controller which cost below rm100 if just wanted a low boost around 0.5-0.6...well,the better the best but it gonna be costly...
since he mention tat he is playing wit low-pressure boost only..so it's not neccesary to get an expensive boost controler...

Oh lol sorry for misunderstanding...supercharging is just like mivec or v-tec...is for high-end power... :)
no road block worries?don think so bro...high-end power somemore...u drive 100km/h to 180km/h easily just within a few sec...once kena speed trap,in front got road block...siap...muahahah
Aiyo bro, speed trap jangan cakap lar... Ferrari also kena lar... What I meant was it looks much low profile compare to turbo charge.

Bro, have any idea which Supercharger model can suit with my car..? I heard Singapore having pretty cheap and new stuff over there...

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Aiyo bro, speed trap jangan cakap lar... Ferrari also kena lar... What I meant was it looks much low profile compare to turbo charge.

Bro, have any idea which Supercharger model can suit with my car..? I heard Singapore having pretty cheap and new stuff over there...
oh well...certain supercharge car do make noise louder then turbo car when idling...

hurm bro...i don know wat car u driving and wat engine u having...how can i know le ? :/

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
oh well...certain supercharge car do make noise louder then turbo car when idling...

hurm bro...i don know wat car u driving and wat engine u having...how can i know le ? :/
=.='
Bro, already written on the title. BOT for 4G92P SOHC.

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
Bro, for B.O.T
is it enough to proceed the BOT project if have just

1. GSR extractor
2. Turbo TD04l
3. Small GSR ic

is it enough?

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
Sorry coz not mention earlier..
My engine is 4G91, i thinks it's not very different with 4G92P.
All i know is, just piston bore size and compression rate is slightly different.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sorry coz not mention earlier..
My engine is 4G91, i thinks it's not very different with 4G92P.
All i know is, just piston bore size and compression rate is slightly different.
Well, the bore size or the compression ratio does not make much difference. U need to reduce the CR anyway by replacing the gasket with thicker gasket preferable metal.

U will anso need to have a boost controller, hardened pistons(preferably), after market AF controller. If possible, injectors also need to be changed in order to be able to supply the fuel demand due to the higher air intake from the forced induction.

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
Thanks bro speed2horizon,

Currently the market price for 4g93t is shooting up like hell
BOT is another way to feel G at minimal.

Thanks again.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Thanks bro speed2horizon,

Currently the market price for 4g93t is shooting up like hell
BOT is another way to feel G at minimal.

Thanks again.
Yes, but there are lot more consideration on a BOT due to the original engine design. And also, banana is also another issue. Can we find the right type, or else, it's going to be custom made.

I'm currently plaaning for Supercharger. But it's going to be afther all my suspension system and gearbox problem solved.

No point having a powerful engine that will blow off your car parts and unsafe.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Bro, for B.O.T
is it enough to proceed the BOT project if have just

1. GSR extractor
2. Turbo TD04l
3. Small GSR ic

is it enough?
intake manifold?mounting?bigger throttle body?piston?metal gasket?air filter?exhaust system?intercooler piping?

=.='
Bro, already written on the title. BOT for 4G92P SOHC.
sorry bro LOL..i actually get confused wit who is the thread starter xDD..
u can try to enquire for aftermarket hi-cam or race-cam..but the degree make it below 272...
current price for it i think shud be around 3k+-...

other mod for only installing cam i not very sure cause i myself not using hi-cam as there are kinda expensive and i'm out of money..i haven't go thru tis kind of experiance so i can say tat i got only 10% knowledge on it...
i think,if u get the cam in set,u just need to plug n play...and changing the air filter for better responsiveness...other then tat,not sure d...
i'm still in the middle of learning..which i must gone thru wit it only i wil understand wat is it..

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
intake manifold?mounting?bigger throttle body?piston?metal gasket?air filter?exhaust system?intercooler piping?

sorry bro LOL..i actually get confused wit who is the thread starter xDD..
u can try to enquire for aftermarket hi-cam or race-cam..but the degree make it below 272...
current price for it i think shud be around 3k+-...

other mod for only installing cam i not very sure cause i myself not using hi-cam as there are kinda expensive and i'm out of money..i haven't go thru tis kind of experiance so i can say tat i got only 10% knowledge on it...
i think,if u get the cam in set,u just need to plug n play...and changing the air filter for better responsiveness...other then tat,not sure d...
i'm still in the middle of learning..which i must gone thru wit it only i wil understand wat is it..
Aikss.. +.=' I start to get panic liao... Hi cam=Hi profile cam, to sslow down the opening and closing of either intake or exhaust stroke in order to cope up with the air demand during high revolution. However, under 3k rev, engine will vibrate due to too slow valve lopen and close. Feel something like tak cukup minyak.

Supercharge is force induction. something like turbo. To force in more air by induction. The difference is, turbo is driven by waste exhaust. Supercharge is driven by crank. Turbo have turbp lag depending on turbine size, Supercharge has no lag.

But there are other pro and cons on both system.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
yeah u're rite..
but i don think there is any supercharge for 4g92p le?i not sure bout it...
but for hi-cams,there is a lot aftermarket for proton model...or u can even change your 4g92p head to mivec head so tat u can have mivec power.
supercharge i thought it supposed to be like vtec??both for high-end power?
but supercharge are mainly used for toyota and vtec are for honda??
or maybe they name it as Honda eg9 supercharge?or 4agze vtec?LOL...nvr heard of it

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
yeah u're rite..
but i don think there is any supercharge for 4g92p le?i not sure bout it...
but for hi-cams,there is a lot aftermarket for proton model...or u can even change your 4g92p head to mivec head so tat u can have mivec power.
supercharge i thought it supposed to be like vtec??both for high-end power?
but supercharge are mainly used for toyota and vtec are for honda??
or maybe they name it as Honda eg9 supercharge?or 4agze vtec?LOL...nvr heard of it
Oh ok... Thanks...

Well, Actually, Vtec is similar to MIVEC. Or should I say, MIVEC=VTEC=VVTLI. And now Proton CPS. They does the same thing, switching Cam profile. In other words, these systems have 2 cam profiles. Profiles for <5.5k rpm and high cam on the same cam shaft. All theses are also NAs if there are no induced air applied.

That's why, when MIVEC,VTEC,VVTLI revs up to +-5.5k U can hear the high cam sound...

Well, Supercharger and Turbo charger does about the same thing. To make sure your engine's combustion take place under rich condition. More air than required. If high boost, the addition of fuel will be required. Difference is, one is driven by exhaust another driven by crankshaft.

However, there aren't much after market supercharger in Malaysia. Guess Turbo Sang is the only solution if I don;t have the choice. Maybe Toyota's SC is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some teasers to droll at while i prepare the whole post :proud:

yes we were previously called Zero 2 Hero. but it is official now at the SSM that we are registered as Optimum Auto Detailing. reason of the change is i want a more catchy and easy to remember name =D

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience