Bolt on Turbo for 4G92P SOHC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bro speed2horizon,

Currently the market price for 4g93t is shooting up like hell
BOT is another way to feel G at minimal.

Thanks again.

Yes, but there are lot more consideration on a BOT due to the original engine design. And also, banana is also another issue. Can we find the right type, or else, it's going to be custom made.

I'm currently plaaning for Supercharger. But it's going to be afther all my suspension system and gearbox problem solved.

No point having a powerful engine that will blow off your car parts and unsafe.

Bro, for B.O.T
is it enough to proceed the BOT project if have just

1. GSR extractor
2. Turbo TD04l
3. Small GSR ic

is it enough?

intake manifold?mounting?bigger throttle body?piston?metal gasket?air filter?exhaust system?intercooler piping?

=.='
Bro, already written on the title. BOT for 4G92P SOHC.

sorry bro LOL..i actually get confused wit who is the thread starter xDD..
u can try to enquire for aftermarket hi-cam or race-cam..but the degree make it below 272...
current price for it i think shud be around 3k+-...

other mod for only installing cam i not very sure cause i myself not using hi-cam as there are kinda expensive and i'm out of money..i haven't go thru tis kind of experiance so i can say tat i got only 10% knowledge on it...
i think,if u get the cam in set,u just need to plug n play...and changing the air filter for better responsiveness...other then tat,not sure d...
i'm still in the middle of learning..which i must gone thru wit it only i wil understand wat is it..

Last edited:
intake manifold?mounting?bigger throttle body?piston?metal gasket?air filter?exhaust system?intercooler piping?

sorry bro LOL..i actually get confused wit who is the thread starter xDD..
u can try to enquire for aftermarket hi-cam or race-cam..but the degree make it below 272...
current price for it i think shud be around 3k+-...

other mod for only installing cam i not very sure cause i myself not using hi-cam as there are kinda expensive and i'm out of money..i haven't go thru tis kind of experiance so i can say tat i got only 10% knowledge on it...
i think,if u get the cam in set,u just need to plug n play...and changing the air filter for better responsiveness...other then tat,not sure d...
i'm still in the middle of learning..which i must gone thru wit it only i wil understand wat is it..

Aikss.. +.=' I start to get panic liao... Hi cam=Hi profile cam, to sslow down the opening and closing of either intake or exhaust stroke in order to cope up with the air demand during high revolution. However, under 3k rev, engine will vibrate due to too slow valve lopen and close. Feel something like tak cukup minyak.

Supercharge is force induction. something like turbo. To force in more air by induction. The difference is, turbo is driven by waste exhaust. Supercharge is driven by crank. Turbo have turbp lag depending on turbine size, Supercharge has no lag.

But there are other pro and cons on both system.

yeah u're rite..
but i don think there is any supercharge for 4g92p le?i not sure bout it...
but for hi-cams,there is a lot aftermarket for proton model...or u can even change your 4g92p head to mivec head so tat u can have mivec power.
supercharge i thought it supposed to be like vtec??both for high-end power?
but supercharge are mainly used for toyota and vtec are for honda??
or maybe they name it as Honda eg9 supercharge?or 4agze vtec?LOL...nvr heard of it

Last edited:
yeah u're rite..
but i don think there is any supercharge for 4g92p le?i not sure bout it...
but for hi-cams,there is a lot aftermarket for proton model...or u can even change your 4g92p head to mivec head so tat u can have mivec power.
supercharge i thought it supposed to be like vtec??both for high-end power?
but supercharge are mainly used for toyota and vtec are for honda??
or maybe they name it as Honda eg9 supercharge?or 4agze vtec?LOL...nvr heard of it

Oh ok... Thanks...

Well, Actually, Vtec is similar to MIVEC. Or should I say, MIVEC=VTEC=VVTLI. And now Proton CPS. They does the same thing, switching Cam profile. In other words, these systems have 2 cam profiles. Profiles for <5.5k rpm and high cam on the same cam shaft. All theses are also NAs if there are no induced air applied.

That's why, when MIVEC,VTEC,VVTLI revs up to +-5.5k U can hear the high cam sound...

Well, Supercharger and Turbo charger does about the same thing. To make sure your engine's combustion take place under rich condition. More air than required. If high boost, the addition of fuel will be required. Difference is, one is driven by exhaust another driven by crankshaft.

However, there aren't much after market supercharger in Malaysia. Guess Turbo Sang is the only solution if I don;t have the choice. Maybe Toyota's SC is possible.

wow great...i've learned something on SC today...thanks bro!
well frankly, i not sure bout sc n tc whether they are same or not..later i try to do research :)

wow great...i've learned something on SC today...thanks bro!
well frankly, i not sure bout sc n tc whether they are same or not..later i try to do research :)

No worries bro, we're all iin the learning process...

i asked my fren,they are both same concept...lol...sorry my big mistake of making u confuse @@...

i asked my fren,they are both same concept...lol...sorry my big mistake of making u confuse @@...

Haha.. well, no worries bro. i understand exactly how they works. I can give you some explanation if you want to. However, when it comes to application, there are more things need to be consider...

That's why I start up a thread. So that there might be experience sifu that can help me....

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah..i'm out of it....let's return back to the main topic...sifu sifu helppp him :)

4g92p supercharged ? Keep us update with ur project man !

Yaa... but currently, concentrating more on the handling part, just to make sure the car is safe enough to be driven when I start with the project. No point locking a tiger in a dog cage. The monster will only break the cage.

hehe...

Yaa... but currently, concentrating more on the handling part, just to make sure the car is safe enough to be driven when I start with the project. No point locking a tiger in a dog cage. The monster will only break the cage.

hehe...

to be honest, turbocharged is safer to drive than supercharged because alot of ppl done so...well known sifu is turbo sang maybe u can seek for his opinion bro...in order for you to complete your supercharge project...but supercharge the power will mainy focus on mid band...not like turbo where u get pick up power...

Well, thank s for your opinion bro. However, there are still lot more to consider which way to go... I'm not looking for a super power car... Just something that will probably good enough to par with a stock GTi. If it's better, I'll be a happy man.

Well, thank s for your opinion bro. However, there are still lot more to consider which way to go... I'm not looking for a super power car... Just something that will probably good enough to par with a stock GTi. If it's better, I'll be a happy man.

well BOT is easily outwin any GTI in the market...eventhough the best 4G93 engine can go is more or less 200hp...

but for Supercharged then might be some problem...power band is different...GTi might win in pick up though

Thanks for your input bro. It's not about having a super powerful car to drive... Sometimes It's about the learning process going on par with the car developement progress...

Well, I would like to play around with stock before I actually go for transplant. Unless, the cost of transplant is significantly lower compare to modification.

this is currently my project for the past few months..

a 4g92p sohc auto... now i`m collecting stuff to make it comes true.

my item currently..

td04 gsr with manifold
450cc injector (vr4)
safc2 blue screen
gsr standard intercooler with piping
gsr air-flow sensor
38mm ala2 tial wastegate
metal gasket
fuel reg
bov

now waitin for money to install it.. not changing the piston coz not enough $$ yet..

this is currently my project for the past few months..

a 4g92p sohc auto... now i`m collecting stuff to make it comes true.

my item currently..

td04 gsr with manifold
450cc injector (vr4)
safc2 blue screen
gsr standard intercooler with piping
gsr air-flow sensor
38mm ala2 tial wastegate
metal gasket
fuel reg
bov

now waitin for money to install it.. not changing the piston coz not enough $$ yet..

Some ppl say 4G92 pistons are high compression pistons. U need not to change. I dunno. That's what I heard.

yeap it`s a high compress piston.. but current with the setup i`m using, only target at 0.4bar at most untill i change to the low comp piston..

other than that u can setting the compression lil bit lower than usuall using metal gasket... mechanic know how to do this stuff..

i put high boost no use also coz i`m using the standard wira auto gearbox.. so i afraid will worn out fast

my target just lil bit power only..

yeap it`s a high compress piston.. but current with the setup i`m using, only target at 0.4bar at most untill i change to the low comp piston..

other than that u can setting the compression lil bit lower than usuall using metal gasket... mechanic know how to do this stuff..

i put high boost no use also coz i`m using the standard wira auto gearbox.. so i afraid will worn out fast

my target just lil bit power only..

U are right my friend. Esspecially the sensitive 1.6 GB. Well, I just converted to mannual in the early May...

Planning to mods my engine stage by stage... Akka....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom