Big Brake Kits for Suzuki Swift

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that means you have to apply more force? will it be dangerous for a sudden bite since the pedal will be deeper? I'm thinking for a 4 pot BBK too, just worry about this issue since there will be additional brake pistons. Of course one of the reasons getting it is for looks :)
More pots to fill, brake pedal will be lower if master pump is not changed. This is because need to fill more pots at caliper, so have to transfer more brake fluid from Master to pots, therefore with bigger master will be better.....

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
The overkill is referring to the weight of the car, BOT add how many kg weight, the more weight u pack the more braking power u need. Tell your myvi friend to jam the brake at 160km/h n c he can control or even survive to tell u..? All the weight is infront, when u jam brake, your rear will float if u on stock suspension even with ABS, bcos your rear grip has less braking distribution due to the front grip even more now. U need very hard front spring so that it won't dive down. If u have equal upgrade to the back say front 4 rear 2 then its another story.

Ordinary for R32 who weight 1 n a half ton, how many swift weight..? a ton... With racing pad its a cheap track weapon, not any ordinary brake, a single pot is ordinary brake.

Im using evo twinpot on corolla, car heavier then your swift, but its enough to stop the car where ever i want, then its sufficient. I always drive my stock single pot n rotor to purple colour, i wan to try better braking power, that y i upgrade to twinpot. Choosing the right brake pad is very important comparing big brake. I can jam my brake n activate the ABS anytime.

Not saying its no good or anything if u upgrade the rear brake n suspention setup, its just safer without all those spacer...
Thank you for your opinion, i understand your overkill here means, but i would prefer a better brakes setup.. of coz you might say want better setup just go buy AP racing or project U.. they are those better ones.. but all these came down to one thing ---> $$$ If have money i already buy AP racing 4pot BBK direct plug and play for swift.. but if you says overkill?? There are tonnes of swifters in singapore on project U, AP racing, Brembo and other 4 pots.. they want to sell but sadly i got not enough budget to buy.. So just take what i have on hand and try to mod with it.. i wanted to use twin pot at first when my mechanic told me there are some complications on the modifications of the R32 4 pot.. but take a look at the twinpots price.. EVO twin pot is around RM800+, toyota twin pot is around RM600+ and cefiro's twinpots... sadly it's having the same rotor diameter as R32 bro.. only the thickness of the rotor is different..
Of course upgrade front disc is my first step, i'm currently sourcing for rear disc as the rear swift sports halfcut condition in here cost nonsense.. One set of rear knuckle complete with brake kits cost RM1000?! toyota has a cheaper rear disc brakes, around RM450.. So everything is in line step by step, no rushing.. (am currently sourcing for coilover which already confirmed one set :rolleyes: )
Anyway thanks for your remind..

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

More pots to fill, brake pedal will be lower if master pump is not changed. This is because need to fill more pots at caliper, so have to transfer more brake fluid from Master to pots, therefore with bigger master will be better.....
Yes you are right.. the bigger pot and more pots the lower your brake pedal will go if your master pump is not thick enough..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What I did is just transfer the twin pot of the VR4 over to my Super Saloon including the servo and pump, paired with now the Trestor Blue Advantage pads, is good enough to slow my 200 horses.....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I understand the $$ problem, my self also cannot afford racing brake, but the main point is try source a brake that is minor mod then can pnp, rather then mod kao kao to fit, its more safer. But its your car your call, try use the best material u can afford on the bracket, spacer, bolts n nuts.

Do share some pic of the setup when completed... Happy modding...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I understand the $$ problem, my self also cannot afford racing brake, but the main point is try source a brake that is minor mod then can pnp, rather then mod kao kao to fit, its more safer. But its your car your call, try use the best material u can afford on the bracket, spacer, bolts n nuts.

Do share some pic of the setup when completed... Happy modding...
So far still waiting for mechanic to source for the rotor.. have seen one swift on honda prelude brakes.. it fits well too.. i'm thinking if cannot den i'll either take my rvr disc brakes that previously fixed on my picanto to fix to it or get those used bbk plug and play from sg swifters.. so anyone else have better ideas or recommendations? Please feel free to share out.. Thanks.. :adore::adore:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
So far still waiting for mechanic to source for the rotor.. have seen one swift on honda prelude brakes.. it fits well too.. i'm thinking if cannot den i'll either take my rvr disc brakes that previously fixed on my picanto to fix to it or get those used bbk plug and play from sg swifters.. so anyone else have better ideas or recommendations? Please feel free to share out.. Thanks.. :adore::adore:
haiya...problem solved then...

go buy the prelude rotors... and use it with ur r32 4pot..can use one... this combo can even clear some 15" rims....

HERE is an example of a car using the same exact combo

FYI.. the prelude rotors are 282mm...same with EK9... same with 98spec DC2R.. same with FD2 Non Type R.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If only looking for rotor, since you have the calipers already and know which model to look for, can check out the Taiwan parts from spare part shop. I got these Shoji brand for my VR4

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
haiya...problem solved then...

go buy the prelude rotors... and use it with ur r32 4pot..can use one... this combo can even clear some 15" rims....

HERE is an example of a car using the same exact combo

FYI.. the prelude rotors are 282mm...same with EK9... same with 98spec DC2R.. same with FD2 Non Type R.
The one i saw is the caliper using prelude but rotor not sure.. :hmmmm:
But bro, how thick is the rotor? R32 4 pots need at least 25~26mm if not brake pad will slip out.. lol.. :banghead:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
The one i saw is the caliper using prelude but rotor not sure.. :hmmmm:
But bro, how thick is the rotor? R32 4 pots need at least 25~26mm if not brake pad will slip out.. lol.. :banghead:
if caliper using prelude then most likely the rotor oso using prelude...

HERE u can find ALOT of info on comparison for EK9/Prelude brakes and r32 n r33...

as for worrying about brake pad slip out... if it does.. ur not installing it properly...

besides... i already showed u proof that it can be done.. that EG belongs to a friend and i confirmed with him a long time ago that hes using 282mm prelude rotors with skyline 4pot.

why i confirmed with him? coz i oso interested to do the same setup.. already got my silvia 4pot calipers (got them cheap) and already using the 282mm prelude rotors...just no marnee to go pasang only.

instead of worrying too much...how about going to find out how the rotor fits into ur car... find that swift again and ask about the rotors and rotor installation.. once u get the rotor installation sorted... the caliper install shouldnt be much of an issue.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If you were to use R32 calipers with Prelude rotors, do you have to custom the bracket/carrier? How much would that cost?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
if caliper using prelude then most likely the rotor oso using prelude...

HERE u can find ALOT of info on comparison for EK9/Prelude brakes and r32 n r33...

as for worrying about brake pad slip out... if it does.. ur not installing it properly...

besides... i already showed u proof that it can be done.. that EG belongs to a friend and i confirmed with him a long time ago that hes using 282mm prelude rotors with skyline 4pot.

why i confirmed with him? coz i oso interested to do the same setup.. already got my silvia 4pot calipers (got them cheap) and already using the 282mm prelude rotors...just no marnee to go pasang only.

instead of worrying too much...how about going to find out how the rotor fits into ur car... find that swift again and ask about the rotors and rotor installation.. once u get the rotor installation sorted... the caliper install shouldnt be much of an issue.
Wah bro thank you for your help! :adore::adore::adore: Will update you once the mod done successfully...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
If you were to use R32 calipers with Prelude rotors, do you have to custom the bracket/carrier? How much would that cost?
yes u have to custom the caliper brackets...cost can range from 400-700 per pair.

Wah bro thank you for your help! :adore::adore::adore: Will update you once the mod done successfully...
ur welcome... make sure to update. especially on price of the caliper brackets and where u got it done.. coz i wanna do oso for the future when i have the cash to do it.

oh n just as n FYI... the SSWorks 4pot brakes are actually using the same combo i mentioned with the 282mm rotor... if u look at the caliper closely and compare with the R32 calipers (the ones with the fins), theyre actually the same...hahahhahahahahaha

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
yes u have to custom the caliper brackets...cost can range from 400-700 per pair.

ur welcome... make sure to update. especially on price of the caliper brackets and where u got it done.. coz i wanna do oso for the future when i have the cash to do it.

oh n just as n FYI... the SSWorks 4pot brakes are actually using the same combo i mentioned with the 282mm rotor... if u look at the caliper closely and compare with the R32 calipers (the ones with the fins), theyre actually the same...hahahhahahahahaha
Bro one more thing, i did heard my mechanic mentioning tat the bell height for R32 seems too deep(as in mounting towards knuckle) so he says need to also find a shallow bell height rotor in order to avoid the OEM mounting brackets hitting the R32 caliper mounting bracket. Or either way to find a bigger disc rotor to bring the R32 caliper mounting away(higher) from the OEM bracket. :smokin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
diff rotors has diff tophat depth... so ur gonna need to check the depth of ur nissan rotor tophat n compare with the prelude rotor tophat.... if possible compare with ur stock rotor tophat too.

take a peek HERE...might give u some ideas.....just give it awhile for the photos to load and scroll down

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
diff rotors has diff tophat depth... so ur gonna need to check the depth of ur nissan rotor tophat n compare with the prelude rotor tophat.... if possible compare with ur stock rotor tophat too.

take a peek HERE...might give u some ideas.....just give it awhile for the photos to load and scroll down
Just talked to my mechanic yesterday nite..need to find those tophat depth that are smaller than what current R32 rotor has.. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello. I just bought my gen2 cps last week. But I heard alot of noise from the air-cond panel, steering, door and the accelerator got abit low sensitive.. somemore... there are some noise from dashboard when i rev it. Are there same with other gen2 cps ? mine one is auto transmission.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience