Big Brake Kits for Suzuki Swift

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi bros, What do you suggest for a set of BBK for suzuki swift using 16" with offset of +38? There are those plug and play 4 pots and mini 6 pots but cost quite expensive. Anyone can share what other alternatives can be use to mod to fix to Swift? currently i have R32 4 pots but not easy to mod as the caliper's bracket interference with the stock swift caliper bracket mounting. Please help bros!! Thank you..:adore::adore::adore:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Nearly all aftermarket big brake kits require an additional mounting bracket for the calipers as the holes for the bolts are located and sized differently. So you can consider making a custom bracket for your R32 4 pot instead

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
do you need to change the brake master cylinder as well?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Nearly all aftermarket big brake kits require an additional mounting bracket for the calipers as the holes for the bolts are located and sized differently. So you can consider making a custom bracket for your R32 4 pot instead
But now the problem is the R32 disc is too deep on the inside, thus causing the caliper's mounting hitting the original suzuki caliper mounting bracket (if you can imagine what i mean). It can be done but with extensive spacer packing on the inside of the disc to the knuckle which amounting to 29mm only the caliper mounting bracket can clear and need to cut then only can make the caliper bracket. After that my rim still need to add another 8mm spacer for the rim mounting to the disc to clear the caliper.. so in total 37mm of packing out is needed... My worry is not the rim to the disc mounting but the disc to the knuckle mounting which packs out 29mm... :banghead::banghead:
Any other recommendations? I heard prelude caliper suits.. twin pot fit? But the price of an evo twin pot is crazy.. RM800 which i can buy another sets of GTO 4 pot with that kind of price.. :stupid:

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

do you need to change the brake master cylinder as well?
I don't think so bro.. so far i see my frens they on those plug and play kits.. they never change the master cylinder also.. one thing for sure, if you change to 4 pot, your brake feel will be deeper.. means when you step on your brakes, the pedal will feel deeper.. this i what i encounter on my perdana on GTO 4 pot.. :driver:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
that means you have to apply more force? will it be dangerous for a sudden bite since the pedal will be deeper? I'm thinking for a 4 pot BBK too, just worry about this issue since there will be additional brake pistons. Of course one of the reasons getting it is for looks :)

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
that means you have to apply more force? will it be dangerous for a sudden bite since the pedal will be deeper? I'm thinking for a 4 pot BBK too, just worry about this issue since there will be additional brake pistons. Of course one of the reasons getting it is for looks :)
So far wont la bro.. but if you worry you can change.. you driving what car bro? because my perdana's master cylinder my mechanic says it's quite big already.. if need to change have to change to mitsubishi grandis one.. but it'll be vy hard to control the braking as it'll be too "makan" once slight tap the car jerks.. also not that good eh.. just change to 4 pot and i change the brake pads to project mu and change stainless steel brake hose i guess enough liow.. if got extra money only change the rear to 2 pot.. You can consider to change ur master cylinder if it's too small.. like normally taxi change theirs from 1.3 to 1.5 brake pump is good enough liow... this is what the taxi guys told me when i asked them how come they brake so late but the braking still bites.. :listen:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Big brakes in light weight car is a overkill, u have more unsprung weigh n mess up the car handling. Stock upgrade ssbh, high temp pad n slotted rotor will be sufficient for street use, dun focus on looks when u risk danger your self n other, think safety 1st.

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Big brakes in light weight car is a overkill, u have more unsprung weigh n mess up the car handling. Stock upgrade ssbh, high temp pad n slotted rotor will be sufficient for street use, dun focus on looks when u risk danger your self n other, think safety 1st.
It's a setup for turbocharged swift bro.. many had tried the recommendation you stated there but fails.. it's not about looks.. but rather stopping power.. if i want looks i'll directly go to VTTR mini 6 pot.. thanks for your comment.. :) appreciate it.. :burnout: and yes i agree safety first thats why i opt for BBK..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
True..but most aftermarket brake calipers are bigger and lighter as well. But depends on brand lah...Overall, I think Big Brake Kits has more pros than cons.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes aftermarket design is for pro not cons, but this thread is about custom fabrication brake not aftermarket brake kit.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well, he did mention R32 brakes, which are not aftermarket items but is relatively light since it's made of aluminium, so I guess it still applies.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
R32 eh... That's hot stuffs. Post it up & sell it off.
Tips: clean it up & makes it looks new then only take the pix
Then U can just go grab some used plug & play BBK

R32 brakes is something that's in between track & road.
Actually VW kaki would goes for AP Racing, Brembo & VW Racing.
Top class stuffs... Some would still grab ur brakes.

It's really not for Jap car la. Offset is one thing...PCD is another.
What's yours? Japs mostly have 4/5x 114.3 & VW is 5x 112
When U says BBK it cover 4 main things. Caliper, rotor, pads & SSBH.
The PCD concerns the rotor...

BBK/R32/VWR brakes for Swift? Why the overkill...
I understands the feel when U got something in ur hand, U just wanna use it.
Just wants the best... Mod it & it's a long way to go, gets messy...
Some parts won't match then U gotto spend more money & time.
U won't understands ur brakes... U won't dare to speed.
For a kaki... Understanding ur car performance & braking = confident
If U want better braking U don't really have to get a BBK.
Just SSBH & better pads should be enough.
The sales from the R32 should be enough to cover it.
Overkill would give U the wanna puke feel if U don't control ur pedal well.
That's also goes in with the power & weight if ur car.

My original VW brake serve me very well before I mod my car.
Before mod it hits 170-180 with ease.
R32 brakes are some serious stuffs...

My advice is not to mess with ur brakes.
Get the complete set or minor standard upgrades.
The leading BBK engineered for every part to match.
U trust the brands engineers or the workshop MacGyver!?!

Go for minor upgrades only...
SSBH is the line for the brake fluid & cut off the spongy feel of ur brakes pedal.
Pads are are for grip, heat withstand, better ones can withstand higher temps.
These 2 should do it.

I'm on 6 pots brembo & other leading 6 pots pads are around RM1200-1600.
Rotors would get eat up from those pads as well...
If U goes for cheap, cap ayam BBK or it's parts then might as well use ur ori.
Wanna reconsider about the maintenance of a BBK?

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
He did say it's for a BOT Swift, so it's no ordinary Swift.
Have you driven a Swift with stock brakes? It sucks. Big time. If it's not too much of a hassle, why not just stick with the R32's he already has?

Not such an 'overkill' really...we're not talking about 6 pot 380mm brakes with carbon brake pads or anything here. Just your usual R32 street brake set. A friend is even using a set on his Passo'ed Myvi. Looks cool and brakes well. No issue with all these overkill nonsense lah..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
agreed...imho, no such thing as overkill for brakes...but there is such a thing as not enough braking power.

ur brakes can be super duper power but at the end of the day ur foot controls it...bu if u not enough brakes...u stand on the brake pedal oso u cant stop the car....

and sell r32 brakes enough to cover the cost? do u even know how much the r32 brake set costs? rm450 only for rotor+caliper. where got enough to cover? good brake pads alone already 5xx...ssbh somemore...fluids somemore...upah pasang somemore...

anyway TS...if the r32 rotor not working for u...look into fd2 (non-type r) 282mm rotors....see if the rotor tophat is good enough...n yes they can go together.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The overkill is referring to the weight of the car, BOT add how many kg weight, the more weight u pack the more braking power u need. Tell your myvi friend to jam the brake at 160km/h n c he can control or even survive to tell u..? All the weight is infront, when u jam brake, your rear will float if u on stock suspension even with ABS, bcos your rear grip has less braking distribution due to the front grip even more now. U need very hard front spring so that it won't dive down. If u have equal upgrade to the back say front 4 rear 2 then its another story.

Ordinary for R32 who weight 1 n a half ton, how many swift weight..? a ton... With racing pad its a cheap track weapon, not any ordinary brake, a single pot is ordinary brake.

Im using evo twinpot on corolla, car heavier then your swift, but its enough to stop the car where ever i want, then its sufficient. I always drive my stock single pot n rotor to purple colour, i wan to try better braking power, that y i upgrade to twinpot. Choosing the right brake pad is very important comparing big brake. I can jam my brake n activate the ABS anytime.

Not saying its no good or anything if u upgrade the rear brake n suspention setup, its just safer without all those spacer...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just bought an evo 3 throttle body. The seller said that it would fit into wira 1.6 and same goes to Perdana sei.

Perdana sei is my car. Currently im using jasma 72mm throttle body which in the end have its sensor broken and i tried installing evo 3 throttle body but the timing/rpm went bursting everytime i start the car, and i'll quickly turn off the engine. And now i've cabut it back.

so... CAN REALLY EVO 3 TROTTLE BODY FITS PERDANA SEI STANDARD ENGINE?

if can, do i need some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience