b16A Drive Shaft..

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
Dear fren & sifu..
"
rite now, my ej6 undergo engine transplant ( going d16y8 to b16a auto ).. the engine come from "civic ES"?? as told by my mech.. the problem is,

1) The driveshaft that comes with coupling does not fit @ little short from the coupling to the tyre.. what type of drive shaft should i find?? i mean from what car which is compatible? one person told me to cut and weld.. but i dont trust this option.. can somebody help me please...

2) about the ABS.. my mech told me because the engine's ecu does not have a socket for ABS connector, he suggest i take out tje ABS system.. but, from what i read somewhere, the ABS does not being control by ecu, its control by it own controller.. ( right ?? ).. so can i still use the ABS??

Please suggest me the best option.. thanks..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Just curious, but B16A from ES? I thought ES only came with 1.7 n 2L? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
Just curious, but B16A from ES? I thought ES only came with 1.7 n 2L? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
actually, i dunno.. thats why i put question mark there... uuhuhuhuhuhuuuu so, any idea?? the drive shaft short by almost 2 inches..

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

DO NOT cut and weld the driveshaft, it will shake like hell.
thats why im asking the best option... anyway, thanks for advise..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
then dont u think u should be finding out?

and i sure as hell hope u aint putting an EF B16A into ur EK....

JenisR

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Better u bring the drive shaft to kedai potong and asking the tauke. My experience when asking drive at chop shop, they asking the sample to measure it, even u told the engine model. Maybe u can find it from another car model.

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
then dont u think u should be finding out?

and i sure as hell hope u aint putting an EF B16A into ur EK....
:banghead::banghead:aiiiyyyyyyaaakkkkk!!!!:banghead::banghead: apparently u r rite... demmmmm... the price too low, i get for rm3k for the engine,gbox and wiring.... :banghead::banghead:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
thats what happens when u cheap out on a conversion...

stop the conversion...sell off that halfcut and get a proper EG or EK halfcut and get it done proper.

EF: OBD0 & 4.2 FD & clutch cable... limited clutch options....this is also known as Small VTEC.

EG: OBD1 & 4.4 FD & clutch pump... tonnes of clutch options..best bang for buck is Type R @ RM500

EK: OBD2 & 4.4 FD & clutch pump... tonnes of clutch options..best bang for buck is Type R @ RM500

note: Hondata requires the use of OBD1 ECU :D

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
the marking on the head engine shows vtec writing bigger thn dohc.. is it still small vtec?

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dear fren & sifu..
"
rite now, my ej6 undergo engine transplant ( going d16y8 to b16a auto ).. the engine come from "civic ES"?? as told by my mech.. the problem is,

1) The driveshaft that comes with coupling does not fit @ little short from the coupling to the tyre.. what type of drive shaft should i find?? i mean from what car which is compatible? one person told me to cut and weld.. but i dont trust this option.. can somebody help me please...

2) about the ABS.. my mech told me because the engine's ecu does not have a socket for ABS connector, he suggest i take out tje ABS system.. but, from what i read somewhere, the ABS does not being control by ecu, its control by it own controller.. ( right ?? ).. so can i still use the ABS??

Please suggest me the best option.. thanks..
For sure your engine is Big V is,behind vtec selenoid u can find no 30 stamp at there...i also don't think ur engine take from EF or Da..coz ur mech oso know he will face with long work...at termostart most got 1sensor call fan switch,if small V that sensor shuld be at back block near oil pressure sensor...wiring socket must grey colour right?

1)I think u can try from Da6 one.more long than EG or EF....if just a little short like 10mm u can try go to mchine shop and custum specer for the outer cv joint...or if u got budjet go to custom ur shaft

2)only 1 wire will go to the Ecu..can try it...if dont want to use ur abs..must to take out all the abs acc like pump etc.than put back non abs brake pipe line,valve body and bla..bla..bla.. good luck

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the marking on the head engine shows vtec writing bigger thn dohc.. is it still small vtec?
thats big vtec head cover...but head cover can be changed easily.... check the wiring and intake manifold.

wiring connectors should be grey for big V

intake manifold should not have anything written on it......if got "PGM-FI" then its small VTEC

sazleej

Known Member
May 10, 2007
My bad.. Called the guy who sold to me the engine, he said its from intergra (db'8/9')..

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008

Some cars' ECU do have ABS sensor input to manage TCS, but in my opinion you should remove ABS entirely.

- Old ABS pump are prone to fail anytime, replacement is always from another half-cut which is Old and will just fail and replace and fail and replace... and fail again. They are not cheap.

- Old ABS pump will have leaks within the pump itself, you don't lose the brake fluid but you lose the firm pedal feel and braking response. You don't activate ABS all the time but you will use the brake pedal every day.

- Other ABS related parts in EJ6 may not be compatible with the half-cut, waste of time to figure it out and eventually end up with the above on-going problems.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm very interested to get an FD2R, also the price just dropped. Above that I'm putting a side about RM20k for car mod. What am I looking at & what could I get from that kind of budget?
I don't need a track car & not going to spend too much. If needing topping up above the budget abit would be fine. I'm asking this before getting the car...

What I have is mind is NOT to change the major parts in FD2R. What comes in with the car should be good enough already. Just mod it to the limit that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience