Axia or Kelisa?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I guess there is no balance between wet and dry tyres for F1. Decision to use which tyres and what time will certainly affect the final result of the race.

Ah yes, I've heard before that wider tyres are more prone to aquaplaning in wet road conditions. Since the tyres are wider, it is actually easier for it to be floating on top of the water surface like a boat which means there is no grip for the tyres.
That is why there is dry slick and wet pattern tyres. If half/half then you drive also half/half loh.....hhahahahhahah:rofl:

Their tyre size cannot be changed, so the pattern (grooves) are there to help channel water away. However to an extent only as if there is more water then the grooves can handle still will aquaplane....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yourself speeding is it? haha :biggrin:

Now this explains something. As I remember, 2 years ago where there are 2 R35 GT-R crashed at Kuantan. If my memory serves me right, it is reported that the road condition is wet or something like that.
Not to say speeding la. Just that during the rain, I don't get as much aquaplane as bigger cars with bigger tyres...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why there is dry slick and wet pattern tyres. If half/half then you drive also half/half loh.....hhahahahhahah:rofl:

Their tyre size cannot be changed, so the pattern (grooves) are there to help channel water away. However to an extent only as if there is more water then the grooves can handle still will aquaplane....:smokin:
But if they met with a rare condition like what you mentioned earlier, half wet half dry, then that will be really troubling for them. Or what if the road is not wet enough. Just slightly damp. That could be a problem too.

Not to say speeding la. Just that during the rain, I don't get as much aquaplane as bigger cars with bigger tyres...
And your car is small enough to weave in and out of traffic jams. But if you change to your 'Jetta' then cannot go fast during rain, haha. :biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Whatever topics also you guys manage to bring in tyre discussion la... :adore::adore:

Cabutttt :biggrin:

Btw, congrats TS on your new car. Enjoy your drive and lets be a responsible road user.:idea:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Whatever topics also you guys manage to bring in tyre discussion la... :adore::adore:

Cabutttt :biggrin:

Btw, congrats TS on your new car. Enjoy your drive and lets be a responsible road user.:idea:
Axia and Kelisa got tyres mah......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Because most topics also will relate to driving on the road. Driving on the road is related to tyres. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But if they met with a rare condition like what you mentioned earlier, half wet half dry, then that will be really troubling for them. Or what if the road is not wet enough. Just slightly damp. That could be a problem too.

And your car is small enough to weave in and out of traffic jams. But if you change to your 'Jetta' then cannot go fast during rain, haha. :biggrin:
My Jetta can...:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys I need help. My problem is simple. I owned toyota supra twin turbo 1994. Few months I didn't start the car maybe 6 months, therefore I took out the battery. 3 weeks ago I fix the car battery and misplaced the +/-
Now it's not staring up. Car got crank it's just not starting up. Earlier got 2 fuse 120a and 15a blown. I replaced it. My dash lights were working. Now it's just not starting up.

Please advise
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience