Anybody using GSM based 2-way Alarm System?

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Due to overwhelming response, the GSM 2 way car alarm is already sold out.

This shows that you take your car security in your own hand and know the importance of being alerted immediately when someone break into your car.

I had a lot of people asking if the alarm can send notifications when the alarm is trigger to the owner in shopping mall car park eg Midvalley, KLCC, 1U etc. The answer is yes. Just think of the alarm like a normal GSM hand phone.

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
i some time forgotten whether my car is lock or unlock especially when i going out with a group a fren (chit chat n get down n walk into the shopping mall or mamak) ... n later i start to wonder whether my car is on with alarm / no and hv to walk back to the car park to check it out... imagine u r in basement car park n u r in ground floor or 1st floor n the distance to walk bak to where u hv parked ur car

now after i installed the gsm alarm juz with a sms i am able to know whether my car is lock / unlock... without getting myself to walk to the car park... ...

although it might costly to the sms charges but is cheaper than u lost ur vehicle...

Evo6je

Mar 30, 2006
Here & dere
Got the IES GM-50 early this year. Wondering whether I had spent too much on an "esoteric" or as my gf puts it "expensive toy" alarm system until one fine early morning at 4.30am. Heard a car alarm went off (didn't know it was mine) for a few seconds. I was cursing away thinking some kucing or more likely an uncivilised person whom while trying to lock the car accidentally pressed the panic button had disturbed my beauty sleep, until I got an sms saying that the car bonnet had been opened. That woke me up instantly and as I rushed down, I saw 4 guys trying to open the car door. Upon seeing me they jumped off the gate and left empty handed on their motorcycles. They had yanked off the siren and battery connections but despite that the alarm managed to send me a sms in time. Even without a backup battery.

Lessons learnt
1. Despite having a bonnet lock (you can't release the bonnet unless the appropriate remote key is pressed) the bloody evo bonnet can be easily released from the front grille. Now a solid metal plate has been welded on to it. The hell with air flow...
2. The siren has been relocated to a more inaccessible site.
3. Backup battery was installed.
4. Money well spent. Cost me rm10 plus a ringgit or two more for sms's per month.

Been pinging my car in shopping complexes i.e. 1 utama, Midvalley, Jaya, Sg. Wang, KLCC etc. Works well as long as there is a decent phone signal.

Bottom line, I'm happy with it and would certainly recommend it.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
but correct me if i'm wrong. Some basement parking also doesn't have any "lines" thus I don't think the GSM message would be sent out even if there's any damage.
btw, the GSM chip; do we need to go and purchase anuther phone sim card (i.e. 016,019,012)? or is it attached with the alarm?
really curious.

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
b00n, you'll need to purchase another prepaid SIM card (starter pack), which cost <RM20 nowadays. Just top up monthly for the prepaid account to be active, either by credit card, online banking, ATM, tel etc.

Unless you really park in one really sui area with no GSM line, well this alarm still have the best coverage (just choose the proper prepaid company).

For 1 year the prepaid price is still very affordable, and you'll have a piece of mind knowing that you'll be informed that your car alarm has been triggered.

Last edited:

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
Guys,

Prepaid prices are not expensive, it's from RM4 onwards... and u don't need a nice no. for it. Hotlink now comes with a new prefix 0142 and I heard it's it has a longer activation time, like top-up less but while longer activation time. And I believe Maxis/Hotlink coverage is damn good. Unless u are 5 stories unground then susah lar.

For me it's a matter where we choose to park too, cos it avoids alot of unnecessary headches. No one system is full proof, we still have to do our part. Like me, I still have Stoplock strapped on the steering wheel even I had install a GSM System and park at a more visible place to avoid lost of mobile signal.

It's discipline at the end-of-the-day, our can car be the second biggest purchase of our life, other than a home, so why not secure it?

We all love our rides and that's one of the main reasons we are all here...

Think about it...

uNkleHH

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
where brother/sister install it?

evo4g63 said:
I using the V.A.M.P. system as advertise in hypertune, extermekars magazine... quite good as i have used it almost 2 months... price is at RM 1780, inclusive installation, sim card (celcom), 24 hours control center service (in house personal). U guys can contact... ken @ 6250 1180 he will be happy to explain more.

i have tested the respond of the ultrasonic sensor (unwind the window) n put my hand in .. within minutes i have receive sms n phone call inform me tat the sensor is activated...
Good morning brother, where did brother install the vamp alarm? my friend find me RM 2500.00 more...

Is the Quality good?:X-:

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
hi mate, me n my bro installed the vamp system at their office in Jinjang K.L. price of RM 1,780 which i listed were based on the ad. they placed in the mag. n i saw eunos r selling the same system with the price. for the RM2,500 might b other gsm system which comes with more value added functions...

whereas the quality wise i guess u toking bout how the system respond... well so far i m sastify with the service provide by the call centre, most important the alert or status sms respond within the shortest time, so if u looking for basis gsm alarm vamp will sastify ur requirement... :)

for the time being, i will try to ask ppl in vamp to explain further over in ZTH so u guys can have better view .... n hope they can help u guys to understand more about the gsm alarm

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006

flattyre

Oct 5, 2006
U guys herd about V-Guard ??

Anyone using it?? Any comments ??

Thks.

flattyre

Oct 5, 2006
Thks evo4g63..

Gave them a call. Seems that its purely a GSM/GPS tracking device...

+ if any break-ins will notify you via sms & their call centre will call you...

nothing fancy (auto-start, etc)...