Any suggestion ATr to achieve 350-400 whp

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
280 is just nice for daily driving machine... what's the fuel consumption like? litre per 100kms?
Averaging 380-420km per full tank Ron95 within KL-PJ city driving.
I'm using manual 5-speed & running 2WD only

PR1MO

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
SUBANG JAYAAA
Visit site
Averaging 380-420km per full tank Ron95 within KL-PJ city driving.
I'm using manual 5-speed & running 2WD only
Quite good.... Mine stock std I'm getting only 370km full tank...precisely 12.89ltr per 100km....

guess becoz ur running on 2wd and manual tranny....that's why u r getting damn good mileage...

Have to consider doing ur mods then... Heheh...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I asked Ah Wah before about removing the drive shaft and converting to 2wd. He said the car will certainly feel lighter and more responsive. Better pickup and more efficient too. The draw back is the AWD grip and feeling is gone.

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
I asked Ah Wah before about removing the drive shaft and converting to 2wd. He said the car will certainly feel lighter and more responsive. Better pickup and more efficient too. The draw back is the AWD grip and feeling is gone.
Yea bro, its a compromise. U gain something & U lose something.
Personally, I feel that I gain more than what I lose coz I hardly utilize AWD grip. Of course, that's just me, others may not agree with my opinion. Afterall, I spend 90% of the time driving like a gentleman.....heheee

U probably need AWD if U drive fast most of the time, even in the rain, taking corners at high speed, or race your Airtrek at Sepang regularly, participate in a off-road rally ...maybe ;)

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
avant say is totally right bout remove awd is gain.awd main purpose is for tracking n rally.
planning to switch 2wd.btw wut the cost for awd to 2wd?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
kaninbu, u sud stay at 2WD during conversion...

for me, I'll stick to AWD... evolution's drive terrain. :)

chubster

Known Member
Aug 14, 2012
New Zealand
kaninbu, u sud stay at 2WD during conversion...

for me, I'll stick to AWD... evolution's drive terrain. :)
i agree, the whole car is designed around the awd. an evo that can go places an evo cant. if anything i believe a RWD conversion would be the way to go. ever tried driving a powerfull FWD.... not fun.....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Just sharing, my bro in law has a Evo4 engine with manual transmission in his Kia Optima. It's front wheel drive. The car is hardly tamable. Wheel spin still evidence while shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear... I've dragged-raced with him 3 times. All 3 times he screwed up on take offs due to wheel spin. There after moving, he can't catch up and only tailed behind me.

When the car is too powerful and you can't fully put them on the tarmac, it's as good as lesser power.

stamen

Known Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wellington, NZ
i agree, the whole car is designed around the awd. an evo that can go places an evo cant. if anything i believe a RWD conversion would be the way to go. ever tried driving a powerfull FWD.... not fun.....
i'll second to that.
There isn't much choice of good RWD cars.. that's the reason why I bought an AWD.
FWD is not fun... slips everytime accelerating on wet, cornering with foot on the floor isn't fun either.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
changing it fwd is to suit msia driving situation for better aceleration in overtaking n lesser engine load.

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
avant say is totally right bout remove awd is gain.awd main purpose is for tracking n rally.
planning to switch 2wd.btw wut the cost for awd to 2wd?
Just need to pay for labor to modify "locked" the center diff that's all, guess a couple hundred bucks only. U can sell the long shaft, rear diff, and rear drive shaft if U're not planning to use them in the future.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Supercar detailing is one of the hardest to detail

A Rare exotics

as it is always drive at highspeed ...with lots of contaminations that gotten stuck on the paint ….especially here in tropics ….bugs....acid rains...dust and worst still water is free

making it easy to send for wash or asked for one without much hesitation.......worst of all in wring hands.......and wrong...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience