All Carburator people, plz come in advise abit...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i currently using UFO type K&N filter on my 1.3L carb... FC isnt much different before and after changing...
i think there are also many people using adapter to fit open pod filter to their carb... not sure whether they feel more power with open pod filter...

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
i think ppl says the carburator is not scared of heat i dun think its true.bacause last time i use and open pod filter and the filter is just opposite the radiator fan.when i drive i just fell some power in high rev(maybe because of the heat)so i modify an adapter and using 2inches piping towards to the side of the engine bay and still using the same filter and the performance is totally diff.(correct me if i'm wrong)

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
haha :biggrin: I have been hearing this for ages already :wink:

well my friend all boils down to your preference, as for me I am using open pod + CAI intake to get fresh air

if u are using completely open pod yes that is true u will not feel any diff as there is no fresh air same goes with EFI if totally open pod in the hot afternoon my friend also complain aik loss of power BUT at night wow got power :albertein due to fresh cold air.

why ppl saw drop-in better due to there is a funnel that connects from your air filter to get fresh air in via your bonnet gap (assume u are using proton car :) )

so end of the day if u use open or close pod what is important is there must be constant fresh air coming in :turtle:

anyway this is my 2 cents only :dancing2:

cookie

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
PJ
Visit site
erictan30 said:
i think ppl says the carburator is not scared of heat i dun think its true.bacause last time i use and open pod filter and the filter is just opposite the radiator fan.when i drive i just fell some power in high rev(maybe because of the heat)so i modify an adapter and using 2inches piping towards to the side of the engine bay and still using the same filter and the performance is totally diff.(correct me if i'm wrong)
kinda true as carb engine needs a bit of cold air hehe :biggrin:

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Hi, maybe u might want to consider using K&N open-pod filter with CAI for your carburetor.

Just my 2 cents... :wink:

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
so many ppl now using pipercross or cold intake sistem that straight to your bumper or fender.u using k&n?

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
depends lo....

dear friend,

it all comes back to wat mod u've done to the engine.

up to 30% engine poer increase, the stock carb,piping etc can still take it.

if u simply simply take out stock air filter and replace w ,let say k&n, high possibility ur car will semput semput...air intake too much..not balance wif petrol and api....get me?

u can fit in those filters, but make sure u get proper tuning on air intake + fuel intake + api...minyak kena banyak sikit lo...api kena kuat sikit loo..

but if the car is still stock, don just simply put bcoz u like the sound...waste of money..increase petrol consumption plus poor performance...later u will have bigger problem oso...

gtishadowfax

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
still remember my suzuki best...drill the kotak angin coz like the bbrrrrrrbbb,,,,bbrrrrrrbbbb....sound! heheh..sound garang la...lari...ciput...huahauh

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Pipercross set of air filter + CAI oledi cost u a bomb...can ask for how expensive is the price..

for carb engine, my fren satria wil one rampipe and 3inch open port wit 2.5inch CAI hose from front bumper....speedworks heatshield...not bad....good a...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
no matter carb or efi also need cold air for better combustion one mah... coz cold air is more condensed, thus more oxigen to burn....
if u opt for open pod, do extra CAI for ur filter lo... some might even DIY own airbox for their open pod filter... this really depends on ur creativeness... kekeke... its a trial n error project...

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
lol...
i dun use open pod on my 1.0carb, espri.
one of the pro laz time marah me said :

f*cka.. u wanna fry ur engine??
i stil duno what it means...

then original filter cant spin 2nd gear, i saw improvements after using
duno wat air filter... can spin 2nd gear.. and the sound's nice,
like a lil vtec when u press she sh*t outta it when revving high.

hahahhaha...... not makin' anyone mad heh?

the filter.. its like..
duno how to say ar.
original espri, but without the whole black filter cover, jz top n bottom chrome cover.

i tink its called drop in......... no experiece..

erictan30

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
for my nissan march i only use and custom made 2and half inches air ram plus hks super flow air filter and also a custom made heat shield box.as result it give me performance and sound :biggrin:

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Hi. I think the stock air box is a little restrictive, because of this, you will have to use an open-pod air filter with cold air intake to improve the intake, n at the same time performance.

Just my 2 cents.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
aiyah, open pod, close pod, it all depends alot on your right foot, of course with proper vantilation to your filter, you will get better performance + lower fuel consumption. taking in the fact that your carb is properly tuned, as now im trying out back my original filter, doesnt seems to make a large diff, the consumption is hard to say but it certainly looks the same as when i was using the open pod + customed DIY-ed surbo air ram. so erm,i dunno lorr, maybe its your choice, most prob ill be going back to open pod later as i know the open pod is better higher RPM when your car sucks in air like a whale sucking in water :) maybe i can tell you the difference later when i have fully tested the original filter, as i never really used it before. got the car and i immidietely changed it to the open pod as the first time i drove up the car to genting, wow, cannot climb...so bye bye original filter and hello open pod :D this was because i alwiz had to remove the filter when going genting and i was sick of it(actually i oni removed the filter once :lol: but it was bad enough i had to remove it as the first time, the car refuse to climb above 4K-5K RPM :lol: )

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's on The Star main page on 15 July 2013.

I'm right! Women aren't any different than men!
Myvi + Women = Bad!
Big cars + Women = Bad!
That is only my experience.

What do you have to say?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience