Airtrek turbo 2003

adwinlegs

Aug 10, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Snailed_trekker
stutzedward

Hi, hope im not too late to comment,
get a center cone or sent your car to do On Wheel or wheel balancing..

Kent 75
Convert from NA to Turbo is possible..
Look for Bolt-On Turbo kit or Half-cut Airtrek. :D

Snailed_trekker

Sep 26, 2011
K.L
Hey all, is it possible to convert a Airtrek NA to TUrbo?
yes its possible bro...a lot of people have done full convert interior + engine.

yup above is NA...if turbo..you will see intercooler on top of the head...or you can also identify if its written DOHC on head cover.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes you can, Kent. It has been done previously in Mitsubishi Evolution & Airtrek Club - Malaysia. If I remember correctly, the owner manage to push around 170whp (roughly around 220hp).

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

yes its possible bro...a lot of people have done full convert interior + engine.

yup above is NA...if turbo..you will see intercooler on top of the head...or you can also identify if its written DOHC on head cover.
Yup...

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
THx for all the prompt reply. I've got myself a turbo version instead coz think about transplant + inspection + bla bla bla = headache.

Traded in my Honda Accord 09' and waiting for the loan to be approved. Should tomorrow or next monday will be driving it home.

How many bhp does a stock 4G63T of ATR produce?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro Kent, can you share why you traded a 09 Accord for Airtrek? Looking for space and power in the same package, huh?

Stock 4G63T has 240hp & 343Nm. Of cos, that's the number when it's new. In real life, we get about 220hp if your engine is healthy. The boost level varies but mine was 0.6 bar. I've increased it to 1.2 bar now. My mods are mild, they're increased boost level, ECU remapped, intake, full exhaust system and intercoolers, I roughly recomended around 280hp now (could be more as boost is doubled!). Yet to dyno though...

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
Thx bro stutzedward. I'm getting married and buying a house, so trying to reduce some burden and look for a more power yet family-looking ride. Lol. In terms of space, Accord definitely more spacious, but in terms of power....U know I know.. Haha..

The ATR that I'm getting is totally stock, the only thing I'll be transferring from my accord is the set of 18" roller with 225-45 rubbers.

I'm looking forward to boost it at 1bar to be safe, steady and comfort without loud exhaust. What's your suggestion to do that? Any gadget that I need to put to reach that without leaving chance to trouble?

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Since our ATR is semi auto, you are using 2.5" exhaust system or 3"? S-FLow/Straight Flow?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
My bro has a 2010 Accord and I think cabin space is comparable. I do not think it's bigger than Airtrek though. :) Probably I did not notice detail enough.

I am using 18" too but if your tire is 40 series, it will look kinda 'odd' if you don't lower your height. I am using Eibach Pro-Kit but damn, it's very bumpy and harsh. Handling wise is good!

1 bar is good. A manual boost controller is sufficient and cost effective. Just decat yr system to get more power without the noise but in stock condition with TD04, power tapers off after 5500rpm. Unless you mod it.

No problem though aftermath effect, so far so good. :D I am using 2.5" straight flow, a bit of noise but very rev-happy on highs.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I am going to rotate the wheels and getting the cap soon. Will let you know if it solves the vibration problems.
Sorry for late reply because I only did the tire rotation, balancing and alignment last weekend. Too busy lately. Anyway, I've installed the 'center cone' and it resolves the problem of vibration between 100-120kph. Those using aftermarket wheels having this problem, recomended to install the center cone.

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
Since Edward you are looking into this page now, would like to ask anyone experiencing vibration when pressing the gas pedal harder? WHen you release the pedal it will back to normal without the vibration.

It's unlikely the balancing problem as I've just done the allignment and tire balancing as well as the camber setting.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro... did u change the timing belt recently? I had this problem last time. When I got the car, it was fine but after I changed the timing belt, whenever I hard accelerate (boost kicks in), the engine vibrates very harshly and you feel lost of power too. That is because the 2 balancer shafts below the crank is not correctly 'sync' during the timing belt installation. '

I shared this last time at : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...trek-turbo-4g63t-timing-belt-replacement.html

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro edward,

thanks for the info on the center cone. im havng this prob too, im using evo 7 rims.

will update if it helps

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
terkejut... bro AD_EG using airtrek now??? must careful d.... wif evo7 rims right???

as for the vibration prob... i experienced the same on my e7 after changing timing belt... vibration felt above 4k rpm... check check check n they told me mayb center shaft... i discussed with my mech n i dun believe changing timing belt will cause center chaft prob... so my mech ask his guy to take out the timing belt n re-do... then settled....

btw, just to share, if any of u guys gonna do timing belt change.... i bought all the necessary parts at RM700 from a spare part shop... water pump, timing belt n balancer belt, 3x bearings, oil seals set... asked a few workshop, some quote me water pump along more than RM500... luckily my fren who is driving evo8 recommend me to the sparepart shop.... so everything settled at below RM1k (excluding engine oil).... happy...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dude, firstly wrong theread for seeking engines part
2ndly do please use the 'SEARCH' button will ya
cheers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience