airtrek turbo or evo7

tubulars

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Miri,KL
I was wondering whether anyone can advise in which car is better.Inside my head is still debating whether to get an airtrek turbo or an e7.I still cant decide and thinking of not getting both and just get a jazz/fit instead.Pls advise

Golfer

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Special place
tubulars - welcome to the forum.

both the cars are great cars. i was also considering between an airtrek and an evo at one time. becos i previously had a Rav4, i opted for the evo. both the cars are fast and fund to drive. the airtrek is easier to drive as it is an auto. both cars have got plenty of aftermarket parts for modification. The E7 has been out for a couple of years now, so, it will be a task trying to source for a good car, not impossible but you will have to be patient. The airtrek has got plenty of room esp in the trunk. a nicely done up airtrek is fierce. if you are somewhat an adrenelin junkie, like the g's, then go for the 7 bcos you WILL get bored of the standard horsepower and torque and will want to modify the car to make it faster.

interesting to note that you may even go for the jazz/fit. if you have this thought, then i'd think you'd be a airtrek kinda guy rather than a 7.

buying a car is a joy, don't make it a burden...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Airtrek A/T G/B are proned to failures if not maintain properly. I suggest installing an external ATF cooler to prevent an early failure.

tubulars

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Miri,KL
Thx golfer for the advise.I would certainly review all the points
from you as u say buying a car is a joy, don't make it a burden.I agree with that.Luckily im working offshore and being here i have a month of reviewing my options.The only reason that jazz/fit were my last option is because 'raya dah dekat' and the price is so not like the e7 nor airtrek.So when i finally decide an e7 or e7 engine car probably middle nx year,to sell the jazz/fit,dont lose much maa.Anyway,since ur using an evo.Any tips in maintaining the babe.Like the average u spent a month for the machine and what type of aftermarket modifications parts.

Golfer

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Special place
i have an e9. so, its very new and i've only clocked abt 1300km on it. monthly maintenance is stil minimal, infact, there is non except for fuel. the fuel consumption is quite high, i am currently running at approx. 6km/litre. The consumption also depends on how you drive the car. if you are constantly flooriing the thing, then it is pretty fuel consuming. jap cars are cheaper to maintain than a european cars. you have to follow the user manual on when to change you timing belt, oil changes adn etc. They have all been calculated and if you don't follow them, it will like cost you more in repairs.

there are endless aftermkt parts for the evos. mine is still standard except for the ice. however, the car will be going to the workshop today to get a turbotimer, BOV and some gauges installed. be warned that you WILL be tempted to modify the car as i believe that any evo driver will never stick to "standard".

good luck in your search. if you do decide on the evo, let me be the first to welcome you to the evo clan. otherwise, do visit us on and off. there are certainly many interesting stories and experiences to share, like the gathering coming up this weekend (i think i got the date right) in JB. although i am based overseas, i truly enjoy reading abt them and the pictures. (s9, if you are reading this, i am counting on you for the pics!!!)

if you need a car to get you by before you get your dream/the car you prefer, consider getting a fairly new second hand. with 9 months ownership, you will probably not lose much. make sure you don't end up with a lemon that you have to constantly fix or repair though. that would be a nightmare.

Known Member
Jan 1, 2005
Visit site
I once heard (and I believe) that even no one ever leaves the 4G63 engine untouched. Even if it is fitted onto a boat people will still find ways to mod it.

tubulars

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Miri,KL
since ur guys all are driving an evo.Tell me what u guys think bout sti?I've been listening from my workmates bout this scooby.Mostly driving one cos in brunei,scooby is everywhere unlike evo's,not much.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
well it depends if you have a family or not also lorr... if its also a ride for your family then get a airtrek.. if its for your own joy.. e7 will be ideal... then you can join MLOC...hehehe...!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone,

No i'm not puting up pics of the new car but more like curious. A reliable source told me that Suzuki is launching the new Grand Vitara next month. I checked the net, there is no new grand vitara, only the 90s model. So anybody can confirm whether there will be a new Suzuki SUV launching next month?

ATT: can the moderator please help me move this to Car Talk, thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience