Air Charger by Works Engineering. Does it work ?

Rizlanshah

Nov 5, 2011
Selangor
Hi Guys,

I would like to find out if you have ever experimented with Works Engineering Air Charger. It started to interest me when I came across someone in ZTH selling this product. It seems to make a certain claim that it ‘promotes’ efficiency thus in return ‘kicks in more power’. Well, when I check on Works Engineering website, it seems that they even have a dyno result to substantiate their claim. Looks Impressive for a RM 140 investment.

My question is :-
1) Does it work ?? To be a bit specific, does it really helps the engine to promote efficiency by charging more air thus making the engine performance improved slightly.
2) Since it is installed between the brake booster and the intake manifold, will the brakes fail when the air charger fails ?
3) Works claims that it works even better when it is an Auto Transmission car. Hmmm…
4) Will it work on modern ECU’s ?

I am certainly interested to know more about it. Just to share with you, I am current using a Gen 10 Toyota Altis 1.6cc.

This is the website : AIR CHARGER |

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
In a way because it allows additional air into the engine and therefore burns leaner than originally calculated by the ECU.
But no true petrol head would use such a device. I'd rather spent my good earned money on something more worthwhile like exhaust extractors and get a good 10% power increase.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
In a way because it allows additional air into the engine and therefore burns leaner than originally calculated by the ECU.
But no true petrol head would use such a device. I'd rather spent my good earned money on something more worthwhile like exhaust extractors and get a good 10% power increase.
not to mention, a good set of sport filter, with low air restriction.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wow... BUMP for this thread
I also very interested on this thread.

Its about attaching this devices to the brake booster. Reliable meh?

Rizlanshah

Nov 5, 2011
Selangor
Well.. I have considered giving it a go. The thing is, how can i measure if it works. The only way to properly test it is to put a car on dyno before and after the installation. Unless there is another cheaper and easier way to test it la. He.. He.. Otherwise, the outcome will be based on 'syok sendiri' isn't it.

I agree with the guys that its better to invest in air filters, spark plugs and exhaust systems. But curiosity is the one driving me crazy :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Air chargers or whatever are the same as the old skool air leakers or air whatever thingamabobs. They just increase the vacuum or leak more air in to trick the ECU into thinking there's more air or something along those lines.

Works for about a day until modern ECUs adapt to the changes and negates the gains by offsetting something in its parameters to achieve its pre-programmed 'ideal' air/fuel ratio.

Plugging it into your brake vacuum hose is ok too but there's a cheaper option than that. Friends have DIY-ed a plastic air-tight pipe contraption and connected it to the vacuum and it works great too.. for <RM50. But ideally I'd rather just change the master servo rather than tax the vacuum lines with all that extra pressure.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all sifoos out there...

i am driving a wira with 4G93t gsr... ecu no. 5660....i have noticed that my car didnt have speed cut..

wat bugging me is that... everytime i pass 180km/h.. i didnt know how fast i go.. instead telling lies like " i think my car go 190-200 edi.... hehehhehe (and afraid being lanci)" so i guess i wanna be a good boy and have a RSM to tell my speed... ok here comes the dillemma...

instead buying RSM... shud i get AFC neo???.. because mebbe later i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience