Advise Needed HKS 2835 pro S + Mivec GSR 1.8T

jeffy

Feb 1, 2009
Hi all,

I have the following setup:

4g93T+Mivec top with HKS GT2835 Pro-S turbo. AR.48 on the hotside.

currently running internally gated, with 2.5" Downpipe.

Stock intake manifold and throttlebody, Evo9 intercooler,
Forged internals + ARP studs.

Currently running 4x560cc injectors from evo9, I have another set of 800cc injectors by sard ready to push this baby up.

Most of my friends and workshop are suggesting me to run it with external wastegate for efficiency and stable boost but I'll have to re-do a brand new manifold, and it also defeats the purpose of getting the Pro S version of the HKS2835 as they have another externally gated 2835.

The next thing im going to do would likely be:

1. Alu intake manifold + TB
2. Replace injectors and retune
2.5. downsize current injectors and add 4 more injectors and retune

the Last tune achieved about only 300whp @ 1bar, ran into 3 problems,
unable to hold boost
fuel press drop after 7k
TPS sensor fluctuating.

Right all this 3 problems has been resolved,

What should I do next? This is a daily driven car and im only getting about 6.4-7km/L with light footted driving on my Microtech LT10s. If possible I would want both power and alittle bit more fuel economy, maybe about >7.5km/L I'll be very happy

Would downsizing the injectors and add additional injectors improve on fuel economy for daily driver?

I would hope to bring this up to 1.5-2bar efficiently, can I get some advice from Sifus here?

Regards
Jeff

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
bro, wat pistons and conrods are u using?..

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
get external wastegate, can hold your boost efficiently if u want to turn the boost up to 1.5-2.0bar..I doubt internal wastegate can hold boost that high..
since u have 800cc injector, just put them on, u have microtech so dont worry just need to do fine tuning, u should be ok.. for fuel consumption, if u get a very fine tuning, I guess your FC not should very high.. but i heard microtech fuel consumption a little bit high compare with other EMS for daily drive but its do very well for drag car..

jeffy

Feb 1, 2009
Im using wiseco pistons and duratech conrods.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

get external wastegate, can hold your boost efficiently if u want to turn the boost up to 1.5-2.0bar..I doubt internal wastegate can hold boost that high..
since u have 800cc injector, just put them on, u have microtech so dont worry just need to do fine tuning, u should be ok.. for fuel consumption, if u get a very fine tuning, I guess your FC not should very high.. but i heard microtech fuel consumption a little bit high compare with other EMS for daily drive but its do very well for drag car..
Hi bro,

I was thinking of modding my existing manifold to run external wastegate and also lock the existing internal wastegate..

So from experience 1.5-2bar an external wastegate is recommended?

I tried to fine tune for better FC but the engine just keep blogging at low revs like 1.5-3k rpm, the moving off part is very laggy, unresponsive.

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, u can do that..u using stock manifold or custom banana? U also can custom 02 housing and make one flange for wastegate.. Please buy branded wastegate like Tial or Turbosmart, it can hold your boost well.. If u planning to boost high, get wastegate spring at least 1bar..

I'm dont know much about tuning, maybe others like cipansupercas, vteckiller, nan83, syah3rd gear and many more can help u.. wait for them to come in or u can pm them.. BTW, whos tuning ur car?

jeffy

Feb 1, 2009
yeah, u can do that..u using stock manifold or custom banana? U also can custom 02 housing and make one flange for wastegate.. Please buy branded wastegate like Tial or Turbosmart, it can hold your boost well.. If u planning to boost high, get wastegate spring at least 1bar..

I'm dont know much about tuning, maybe others like cipansupercas, vteckiller, nan83, syah3rd gear and many more can help u.. wait for them to come in or u can pm them.. BTW, whos tuning ur car?

Im using custom banana with those thick steel pipes(Black color), thinking of changing to one ready made with wastegate, im running GSR 1.8 Terbalik.

The last tune was done by Toby from GTauto, I think can consider incomplete tune because my sensors were going haywire... so now i wanna make sure everything is ok before tuning again.

I need someone who not only will tune for power, but also fuel economy at low revs, I dun mind loosing some torque at low end, im using the car daily.

Regards
Jeff

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Im using custom banana with those thick steel pipes(Black color), thinking of changing to one ready made with wastegate, im running GSR 1.8 Terbalik.

The last tune was done by Toby from GTauto, I think can consider incomplete tune because my sensors were going haywire... so now i wanna make sure everything is ok before tuning again.

I need someone who not only will tune for power, but also fuel economy at low revs, I dun mind loosing some torque at low end, im using the car daily.

Regards
Jeff
if u want to save cost, just custom make 02 housing and put wastegate there, u still can use your current custom banana..

for microtech, as far as I know, Joshua@vteckiller@millenium have make a lot monster car using microtech, maybe u can ask him.. or if u want I can introduce u to my tuner, Drax.ecu.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Assuming you're in the market for a set of suspension to replace the current system in your car, what do you do?. Like most people, they'd be browsing off-the-shelf items that they have either came to trust or big brands that has been heavily marketed for years. It's a safe bet for most, when their desire is simply to improve the stance of their cars or firm things up a little.

Basic lowering springs or springs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience