Advice on buying R35 GTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
lets see.......1 ringgit saved per day, 7 ringgit per week.....365 ringgit per year....

About 10 years of saving, a cheapo beat-up beemer price would drop abit after 10years.........I think the saving could buy a beemer....hahahaha...:driver:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure if TS is actually talking about the real thing.. i've been watching this thread for quite some time already.
To TS, buying a car is not and will never be like buying a phone.
Where you buy one time and thats it, nothing else to cover.
When you buy a car, the PRICE TAG is one thing, the MAINTENENCE is another thing..
If your dad is rich then i'm sure he can calculate this well.
This is my 2.0 litre celica turbo ya..yours will be 3.8 Twin Turbo so almost double,lets put it that way.

Fuel consumption:My fuel is RM 220 per month,working at Auto Bavaria Glenmarie and my home is in Subang Jaya,it's so near only, RM220 is including petrol expense for dinner with fiancee 3 times a month,petrol expense dating another 3 times a month,go out a total of 6 times a month and no yum cha with friends.
Your GTR will be: Yum Cha all day long almost 30 days a month will be around RM440++ maybe more.
my 2.0 litre turbo consume RM10 for 40KM, your one will be RM25 per 40KM.

Maintenence: My maintenence cost me around RM700 per 10,000KM, i have to say, my parts is consider average, not too cheap, not too expensive.
Your parts: Probably RM1000 per 10,000KM (I dont know)
My tires all 4 is RM1800.
Your Tires: RM10K ++ (As someone said earlier)
My breakdown if any shit happens: RM5000 (MAXIMUM if engine suddenly overheat requires major overhaul)
Your one: RM10,000 (MINIMUM if any shit happens).

Total expenses a year for my car (Not including upgrades):
RM4700,consist of 4 times service of RM700 each: RM2800 + Wear & Tear Parts along the year.
Your expenses all year around will almost reach RM10,000 (maybe not enough).

Think wisely TS,you may have a rich dad to buy you a car, but if it meant that they are going to buy a car for you, fill up RON97 for you everyday, fix the car if something is wrong somewhere, everything they do for your car, put it this way, YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDANT, because, if one day, you fight or argue with your parents and they chase you out or shun you away, you are in a deep shit.

Last but not least, please please, once you got the car, don't go around telling people.
'I BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY'.
We are not dumb. I know how my friends are since i'm 22, around your age.
You're not bad for yourself too. 22 year old and a Celica. :adore:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
GTR fuel bill for usage around city is rm100 per day.
At least that is what a caller said at Sinar FM about his GTR which he uses as a daily drive.
He can fuel it so far but admit that its very2 hard to swallow.

Buying a GTR not using our own sweat is just begging for trouble.
From the price,maintenance,fuel bill, only milionaire should drive one.I am talking about milionaire which actually have a milion in his/her saving and not asset.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You guys do realise that this is another troll thread right?

"I got shitloads of money.. money is not an issue"

And yet still ask what to look for in a R35? Just anyhow buy one and send it for repair if got problem la. money isn't a problem right?

Hell if I could afford a Koeniggseg/Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo I wouldn't come into ZTH and ask "HEy.. I'm fucking rich and I wanna ask you all what to look for in any of these cars. Money not an issue".

If I had that kind of money I'd buy them all, and sell whichever I don't like.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

And yet still ask what to look for in a R35? Just anyhow buy one and send it for repair if got problem la. money isn't a problem right?

Hell if I could afford a Koeniggseg/Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo I wouldn't come into ZTH and ask "HEy.. I'm fucking rich and I wanna ask you all what to look for in any of these cars. Money not an issue".

I know this is a troll thread.

Just trying to tell this fellow or whoever that reads this, that even if you have an R35 for free, things are still not going to be so straightforward and easy. Maintenance, practicability, insurance, road tax and so on...

No offence Izso, but even if you have a Koeniggseg here, you do realize how troublesome it is to get regular maintenance done isn't it? It's not something that you can take apart and DIY yourself. Even tyres for it will be hard to obtain. Having money is one thing, but when maintenance time comes, you still need to wait for a certain period of time to get things done due to every parts being specially made.

trustgtr

Jun 18, 2009
will share my running cost of my gtr which i run weekends or since 2 years 15k km.

1. fuel consumption for my stage 1 car which has two maps, one for ron 95 and ron 97 at 500whp (95) 550 whp (97)
average fc is around 6.5km/litre city and around 10km/litre hway. will get me return trip to ipoh on one full tank, ave 160kmh with
probably occasional 300 kmh run.

2. Oil changes at 3000 km on mobil 1 0w40, i stock up during special offers at tesco at rm149 per 4 litre bottle. vr38 oil capacity is
around 6 litres per change with filter.

3. Stock tyres will last 15k km fronts and 30k km rears and sucks during wet weather. currently i am using square setup 285/35/20
michelins pss purchased from sg at rm6500 per set.

4. Gearbox oil and diff replacement at every 20k km at rm1800

5.I dont track the car and my brakes are still factory at 24k km on the odo, a replacement rotor will set u back around rm2k ans pads
around 1300 if it does need replacement one day.Rear pads are slightly cheaper.
6. Brake fluid replacement every 2 years RBF600 and cost less than 1k

7. Rd tax rm5725 per year and insurance with 55% ncd around rm4400 per year.

While maintenance is higher compare to average car like a bmw, it is still a nissan and rest of the car is super reliable infact my old e60 had higher running cost thanks to it always breaking down. Why sacrifice so much for a car every year? all that will be worth every penny everytime you drive it, it is such an awesome car to own and drive

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

And yet still ask what to look for in a R35? Just anyhow buy one and send :biggrin:for repair if got problem la. money isn't a problem right?

No, no, if you have that kind of money, you will give to me what you don't want. You don't need to sell, because money is not a problem....:biggrin::biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
No, no, if you have that kind of money, you will give to me what you don't want. You don't need to sell, because money is not a problem....:biggrin::biggrin:
right......

or if the TS don't think of selling them........just lend it to me. I would be happy to drive them during times when the car is garaged. Cars are meant to be driven.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
right......

or if the TS don't think of selling them........just lend it to me. I would be happy to drive them during times when the car is garaged. Cars are meant to be driven.
Yup, hope bro. Danz park more of his weekend cars at my place :driver:

Now, hoping he park a GTR35........hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
will share my running cost of my gtr which i run weekends or since 2 years 15k km.

1. fuel consumption for my stage 1 car which has two maps, one for ron 95 and ron 97 at 500whp (95) 550 whp (97)
average fc is around 6.5km/litre city and around 10km/litre hway. will get me return trip to ipoh on one full tank, ave 160kmh with
probably occasional 300 kmh run.

2. Oil changes at 3000 km on mobil 1 0w40, i stock up during special offers at tesco at rm149 per 4 litre bottle. vr38 oil capacity is
around 6 litres per change with filter.

3. Stock tyres will last 15k km fronts and 30k km rears and sucks during wet weather. currently i am using square setup 285/35/20
michelins pss purchased from sg at rm6500 per set.

4. Gearbox oil and diff replacement at every 20k km at rm1800

5.I dont track the car and my brakes are still factory at 24k km on the odo, a replacement rotor will set u back around rm2k ans pads
around 1300 if it does need replacement one day.Rear pads are slightly cheaper.
6. Brake fluid replacement every 2 years RBF600 and cost less than 1k

7. Rd tax rm5725 per year and insurance with 55% ncd around rm4400 per year.

While maintenance is higher compare to average car like a bmw, it is still a nissan and rest of the car is super reliable infact my old e60 had higher running cost thanks to it always breaking down. Why sacrifice so much for a car every year? all that will be worth every penny everytime you drive it, it is such an awesome car to own and drive
From what I see here, even if one does not drive the R35 at all (meaning service cost is exempted), the owner still need to allocate like around 10k yearly just for insurance and road tax... Too expensive... :banghead:

Yup, hope bro. Danz park more of his weekend cars at my place :driver:

Now, hoping he park a GTR35........hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:
Your house too big until become car storage? haha :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From what I see here, even if one does not drive the R35 at all (meaning service cost is exempted), the owner still need to allocate like around 10k yearly just for insurance and road tax... Too expensive... :banghead:

Your house too big until become car storage? haha :biggrin:
Well, I have a ex colleague bought 350Z, used for one year then sold just before Road Tax renewal.......lol:biggrin:

Just slightly more space then bro. Danz loh! At least can help wash if not his car 5 days, 24/7 in the open woh!.....hahhahhahahhaa:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Come come I keep the weekend cars warm for you. :biggrin:
Problem for you, you have to travel so far. I can warm them up.....:driver::rofl:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Well, I have a ex colleague bought 350Z, used for one year then sold just before Road Tax renewal.......lol:biggrin:

Just slightly more space then bro. Danz loh! At least can help wash if not his car 5 days, 24/7 in the open woh!.....hahhahhahahhaa:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Problem for you, you have to travel so far. I can warm them up.....:driver::rofl:
20km? No problem. :driver:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is a celebration of all things automotive and could very well boast some of the most diverse machines to ever tread asphalt. The highlight of the festival has to be the hill climb that sees all that automotive goodness having their god-given right of speed exercised up the 1.86km course.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience