A Neo detail wash....very very detail wash.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Today is Christmas and what better way to spend Christmas than to ... detail a car.

OK, so I admit i am kinda lifeless and had too much time. As my brother has gone travelling and left his Neo in the house, i decided to mess with it.

Note, the car has barely been taken care of by the owner. Every now and then sent to road side car wash (those 8 ringgit wan). And the owner loves to bang things... so lotsa dents.

This part focuses more on claying and its importance. No paint correction, compounding or polishing was done.

Enjoy the horror

Wheels were cincai cincai wash by road side buggers. Can see the amount of dirt on the bonnet and entire car. Totally absolutely, horribly abused.

After a quick bath using Meguire's Wash and Wax (i would have loved to use ONR but the amount of dirt here makes me feel uncomfortable using ONR)

Now a little bit more details on what road side buggers and 48 ringgit wax can do to ur paint (excuse the non-clarity as i still suck at macro shots.)

Why I would advice using only water in the wiper sprays.... the liquid that you put into the wiper washer is left on the bonnet and dries and results the below stains... which can only be removed using polish (i tried Power Clean max power.... kalah jugak)

Bird droppings or tree sap mark... burned unto the clearcoat. Not too sure which but the stain remains there. Again, OPC lost this battle. Needs to polish

NOW, comes the highlight of this tread, CLAYING. So what is claying.
It is a simple act of removing contaminant from your paint. "BUT I ALREADY WASH THE CAR" you ask?
Here is some graphical proof that car wash alone would not be able to clean as properly as you think you did.

Clean piece of clay (lipat lipat then clean lar, this is not a new but used clay. Have already been used on probably 3 cars already.)

Result after half the bonnet.

Now, result after entire bonnet ALONE is done.

Now, moving on, lipat lipat again (be sure to take away any bits and pieces of solid items (sand, stone, whatever) from the CLAY before lipat else you contaminate the clay only)

After lipat, clean leh

Now, after half the roof

Now after entire roof

Would have loved to continue but I guess you guys are already bored by now if I continue on with every single part of the car (front bumper lar, back bumper lar, left door lar, right door lar, rear bonnet lar).

But I would love to show you the most contaminated place in a car. The lower parts. The below is a result from ONE side skirt only. (always remember to use old clay on the bottom of the car as these areas are very highly superbly horribly terribly contaminated. Wun wanna waste a new clay on these areas)

This concludes our session of claying. Btw, claying process was lubricated with ONR probably.....1:20 dilution? I dunno, i just make it bout 1.5 liter of water and 1 cap of ONR only.

Here is the end results after Opti Seal and Optimum Car Wax.

Your comments and feedbacks are much appreciated.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi bro, would advice you to use different claybar on the lower part. at least it wont screwed up the entire surface causing scratches. hope to look further more of your post! got a makita? go try to do a test spot on the bonnet and post more. we're always here to help you out.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yeap, that is exactly what I did. The picture of the side skirt claying was with a different clay. A more used up clay that I only use for lower parts and the color of it also sudah tukar jadi lebih chocolate.

=P

Yes, I have a makita but have yet to really master it enough to show the world. Still shy. hehe.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Nice writeup man! and good to spread the awareness of car care amongs people. I think we can alter the aggressiveness of the claying with the lube we use. Anywhere from clay lube dilution ratio to QD dilution ratio. For me, I use quite a lot. I follow the instructions on the bottle and used 4 caps into 1 litre water. XD

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Nice job!!! Great result after a simple detail. Some more after shote showing more reflection pics would be great.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeap, that is exactly what I did. The picture of the side skirt claying was with a different clay. A more used up clay that I only use for lower parts and the color of it also sudah tukar jadi lebih chocolate.

=P

Yes, I have a makita but have yet to really master it enough to show the world. Still shy. hehe.
Nothing to be shy bro. Just do it. I have mistakes before and I dare to post, then I got corrected by them. That's how I gain my experience.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

=P

Lol don't shy la... See the thread about my first attempt. Really epic fail. But lucky that time I test on a spare bonnet. But here people very good de. They won't laugh at you... But give you encouragement and tips to improve!

bro...any brand for the clay? coz i cant find any clay other than meguiars in my place :)
Bro... You can try perma glass or osren if you go kl la... if you not urgent, I can help u get after cny. But clay I think almost same la. No need go for specific brand.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
my car also got that stupid stains from the windscreen sprinkle system. i only use water, help? lol

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
huakenny: where are you located at? I can find the perma glass claybar in any Jusco. Recently found at Giant also. My location is klang valley. Bout RM 20 like that only.

Meguire's claybar way outta my budget. hehe

Veloc: i shy shy lar. wait till i get a spare bonnet to test first then only i put the makita on ppl's car.

Arrowhead: If that is the case, i believe the water in your area is the hard water (water that contains more calcium which is similiar to my area *Putra Heights*) I normally use filtered water as oppose to tap water and so far my inspira after 1 year has no signs of these water yet.

You might wanna polish off your stains.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
DarkAccoon:

Actually the minerals found in hard water can only be removed by deionising/ultrapure filter. regular sponge won't even remove 1% of it XD. But regular sponge is good for filtering suspended solids in water.

Huakenny live in kk larr.. Haha.. That's why I offer him help him get. Normally if I got fren in KL coming over, I ask to help buy some detailing stuff from KL. And wow! Giant in KL got sell clay bar?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeah, i saw it in Giant Putra Heights. Bout the same price as Jusco.

My filter is those small ones in the kitchen, ada black stones, ceramic filter, and lots of weird thingy inside..... not sure those are what also. But at least no stains on my car. =P

Ahhh... KK, no wonder lar. I thought nearby here also.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Congrats Buddy
He just did A ful correction with me on a Mondeo & arent u suppose to be in singapore....for holiday & get glued to yr passion...hahahhahahhaa

Nice writeup man! and good to spread the awareness of car care amongs people. I think we can alter the aggressiveness of the claying with the lube we use. Anywhere from clay lube dilution ratio to QD dilution ratio. For me, I use quite a lot. I follow the instructions on the bottle and used 4 caps into 1 litre water. XD
wowo...thats too much
u only need 60 ml of ONR (4caps) for 3800 ml of water for QD.....average spray bottle is 500 ml so u need about 1/2 cap of ONR will do ......
dont need to waste only megs QD rm 40 for 500ml very dear

bro...any brand for the clay? coz i cant find any clay other than meguiars in my place :)
too expensive

listen to veloc & dark racoon...they are helping u

detailing is fun & my=ust ne fun in sharing

hope to see u in joining us in our hands on session

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Ooops! Typo! I meant 4 caps into 1 gallon. Not 1 litre! Hahahaha....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
in kl las time...recently moved back edi....

i bought meguiars rm180 for the Mild blue clay bar.....the light edition rm70 but im worried its not strong enough..lolz

rm20 is damn cheap....my next confirmed kl business trip should be early june.....hopefully there is another trip earlier somewhere feb or march....haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my wira aircond switch light is gone oledi. I remove the switch from the front panel and i cannot find a way to open it. I scare to damge it because there are a few hooks oledi broken on the front panel. Anybody can help ?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience