Optimum Detail : Mitsubishi Evo 7

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Yet another JDM legend came in to us for some detailing and paint restoration. We had already known the car for quite a while and understand that there was a paint job involved. But due to the quality of the paint job, the rare clean finish was already done on the body. After driving many miles and going through many washes, its finally time for the annual restoration to keep the car always looking spanking new.

The car had been at our place for the entire night as the owner of this sweet ride had gone to work. In the morning, we started our work.

We diagnose the paint surface for obvious contamination. Here you can see the watermark stains.

Some light swirls were found on the bonnet.

On the boot, we also found some light swirls.

Black had always been a challenge to fix, here you see some swirls and water on the rear spoiler.

Even more visible swirls damages on the rear spoiler.

Our initial spotted revealed some very minor, next to unnoticeable oxidation on the headlights, so we did the essential steps to remove the oxidation.
Check out the Before.

After. Some very minor gloss differences.

After paint restoration. Swirls no longer visible.

Same panels that we showed you the watermark stains. No more stains.

Swirls Before.

Swirls after.

Watermark and Swirls on spoiler deck (Before)

After paint correction.

On another section of the spoiler deck. (Before)

After.

We did some minor detailing on the steering wheel since we had some free time and also because the wheel is filthy! (on the left: undetailed; on the right: cleaned.)

Dirty oil stains had edged into the texture of the metal.

After detailing.

On the right side of the steering wheel. Similar results.

Momo wording clear and clean!

As a result of a close to 10 hours detailing session and paint restoration. We present to you the finishing outcome. Check it out.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Great job, nice car. Wasn't this car on sale some time ago, or around a year or so ago? :hmmmm:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Great job, nice car. Wasn't this car on sale some time ago, or around a year or so ago? :hmmmm:
no la the car been repainted from yellow and restored to a stock bodykit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
issit for sale? :biggrin:

no money to buy. Nevermind
eh bro,
anything / everything is up for sale for the right price.
who knows the owner is up for a swap and he is looking for a stealth beemer with a japanese heart transpant.win-win situation.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
eh bro,
anything / everything is up for sale for the right price.
who knows the owner is up for a swap and he is looking for a stealth beemer with a japanese heart transpant.win-win situation.
perhaps. but i'm not ready to sell considering i havent even driven it once

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
no la the car been repainted from yellow and restored to a stock bodykit
Oh then different car surely. :biggrin: This is also not stock body kit though, coz it's facelifted to Evo 9 look.

Bro. S1tl sifu sure great job loh......:driver:
Yea la, I know, still just want to compliment. I wish I could send my cars for his service but never dare to ask! :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
perhaps. but i'm not ready to sell considering i havent even driven it once
As far as i know, this buddy of mine would sell but if the price is right la of cuz:rofl:

Oh then different car surely. :biggrin: This is also not stock body kit though, coz it's facelifted to Evo 9 look.

Yea la, I know, still just want to compliment. I wish I could send my cars for his service but never dare to ask! :biggrin:
Belum try belum tau, many thought i am expensive until they asked and i quote. I actually charge according to size and not brand or skill. Given my skill level into consideration, I charge rather cheap and im rather underpaid.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As far as i know, this buddy of mine would sell but if the price is right la of cuz:rofl:

Belum try belum tau, many thought i am expensive until they asked and i quote. I actually charge according to size and not brand or skill. Given my skill level into consideration, I charge rather cheap and im rather underpaid.
Bro. 6UE5t, faster call for quote......:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Bro. 6UE5t, faster call for quote......:driver:
Hahaha, ok maybe next time then. Right now my car is already in decent condition, at least good enough already for my eyes and not as bad with water spots as before. I sent to a saloon nearby my house twice already and after those treatments it already looks much better now. :biggrin: Lucky my car is also silver so swirls and water spots not as obvious as dark colored cars.