4g93 performance enhancement

steven1

Jun 29, 2008
Hi gurus of car performance. I would like to seek your advice.

I currently drive a 4g93 N/A and have done the following to it:
1. Top overhaul (e.g. changed piston rings, use metal cylinder head gasket, skimmed cylinder head etc.)
2. Recently converted from auto to manual gear and changed to ultra light flywheel

With the above, the car is certainly driving a lot better. But of course, a car enthusiast's desire for greater speed knows no bounds. Therefore, to enhance torque performance, I was thinking of doing either of the following:
1. Change my present 15" OZ rims (which I was told while they are good, are heavier than most 15" rims) to some light alloy 15" rims.
2. Change my auto ECU to a manual one. I was quoted RM2000 to get this done plus all necessary tuning.

Question is, which of the above two options would be better, considering I only want to do one? What are the pros and cons of doing either?

Many thx for taking your time to read this and I eagerly await your speedy response.

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
must change to manual ecu... i think no need setting...
just buy 4g93 manual ecu just plug and play... unless ur engine with heavy mod and with any other piggy pack ecu such as e-manage, safc, bla... only need necessary tuning...

danish

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
Brother,
No need to spend so much on changing the ecu....
Just fit an e-manage with injector harness and ignition harness....
You'll get better hp and spend lil lower that what was quoted...

kenjisar

Apr 17, 2008
i have 4g93 manual ecu from satria gti call me if interested 0193322338 kenji :driver:

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
if uare interested in the Matspeed J5 ecu which is fully programmable and PnP with the 4g93, do give me a ring. I have one unit for sale. 0123350607

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just a couple of weekends ago, we were invited to participate in a Lotus Cars-only drive to Genting Highlands along with Ex-F1 legend, current Lotus Ambassador Jean Alesi and Gino Rosato, Director of Corporate Operations at Group Lotus. It was a drive not-to-be-missed for me not just because the Genting Highlands' uphill route is still one my favourite weekend pastime, or the opportunity to drive with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience