4G63 VR4 AMG: wanna know

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Hi bros, i have seen the sticky post about VR4 AMG, i have intention to put a VR4 AMG NA engine into my car but wanna know the specs first

The question is:
1) what is the difference in terms bore x stroke of stock NA 4G63 and AMG Tuned?
2) what is the cam duration of AMG 4g63?
3) what have AMG done to the stock 4G63?
4) Does anyone have more info specs of this engine?
5) What does dual cyclone system means?

iam new with mitsu engines, sorry

what i heard is the AMG tuned 4G63 have (this is article from australian web):

Easy - with traditional hot-up techniques. The AMG version features new pistons (which raise the compression ratio from 9:1 to 10.4:1), piston oil jets, aggressive camshafts, titanium valve springs, hollow rocker arms, a high-flow exhaust manifold and muffler, dual-stage Cyclone intake manifold and revised engine management. Give it a tank full of high-octane unleaded fuel and the AMG tuned 2-litre (coded 4G63) pumps out 125kW at 6750 rpm and 191Nm at 5000 rpm. This places it squarely between the 103kW Galant GSR and the 148/151kW turbo VR4.

The AMG engine is mated to an upgraded 5-speed manual or 4-speed auto transmission. The upgraded 5-speed (as fitted to our test car) comes with relatively short ratios, a larger diameter clutch and a beefier passenger side driveshaft.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience