Saga BLM Braking Power

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too. Example, when running for 80km/h & do a soft braking from far then when almost reach the bump the brake pedal fully floored it it will feel like nothing braking power was given.

After the tried of Bendix Titanium, last week send over to foreman & check. Foreman said the disc not even causing the braking power lost & have to skim it. Never think twice & i try what foreman told me. Disc skimmed & Ferodo MAX brake pad put in. After putting in & running bout 8days, really feeling the braking power is even worst than previous Bendix. Cool brake is like totally no brake, then when doing soft braking til floor the brake pedal also like the brake doing nothing.

How am i suppose to improve the braking power?

Suffering this problem since long time ago. As well tried few time just a lil more caught me into accident.

Any solution? Twin pot mod?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too. Example, when running for 80km/h & do a soft braking from far then when almost reach the bump the brake pedal fully floored it it will feel like nothing braking power was given.

After the tried of Bendix Titanium, last week send over to foreman & check. Foreman said the disc not even causing the braking power lost & have to skim it. Never think twice & i try what foreman told me. Disc skimmed & Ferodo MAX brake pad put in. After putting in & running bout 8days, really feeling the braking power is even worst than previous Bendix. Cool brake is like totally no brake, then when doing soft braking til floor the brake pedal also like the brake doing nothing.

How am i suppose to improve the braking power?

Suffering this problem since long time ago. As well tried few time just a lil more caught me into accident.

Any solution? Twin pot mod?
Bendix Titanium should be okay for you. Yes, these pads needs warming up. In the morning the bite is much less when cold and needs more foot pressure but once warm up, they bite quite well.
I think when you mentioned Ferodo MAX, is it the highest grade for hard braking or use? If yes, they may even need higher temperature to work, that is why you are not getting any braking power. I had one set of pads that suppose to work up to 800 degree, but in town not usable at all, really no bite, but when I tried on highway, with repeated hard braking, once they were hot, the bite was really really good, but alas cannot use for daily drive.
Now I am on Trestor Blue Advantage. If you can find these pads for your car, try them. They bite from cold and the bite is really good. Very much better then the Bendix Titanium that I had....:driver:

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Bendix Titanium should be okay for you. Yes, these pads needs warming up. In the morning the bite is much less when cold and needs more foot pressure but once warm up, they bite quite well.
I think when you mentioned Ferodo MAX, is it the highest grade for hard braking or use? If yes, they may even need higher temperature to work, that is why you are not getting any braking power. I had one set of pads that suppose to work up to 800 degree, but in town not usable at all, really no bite, but when I tried on highway, with repeated hard braking, once they were hot, the bite was really really good, but alas cannot use for daily drive.
Now I am on Trestor Blue Advantage. If you can find these pads for your car, try them. They bite from cold and the bite is really good. Very much better then the Bendix Titanium that I had....:driver:
My mechanic also advise me try change normal & softer pad try c how is the outcome. But then i dunno have to try or not as the pad is just bout 8days old. :(

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My mechanic also advise me try change normal & softer pad try c how is the outcome. But then i dunno have to try or not as the pad is just bout 8days old. :(
Since only 8 days old, try to use longer with these current pads first. Maybe not season yet, since you also skimmed your disc rotor. Disc rotor after skimmed, even if you use old brake pads still need to season them. Since now you have skimmed to rotor and have new pads, may take longer to season....

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
Try bedding in the brake pads..let the brake pads material transfer to ur rotor

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
Since only 8 days old, try to use longer with these current pads first. Maybe not season yet, since you also skimmed your disc rotor. Disc rotor after skimmed, even if you use old brake pads still need to season them. Since now you have skimmed to rotor and have new pads, may take longer to season....
Normally how long does the pad n disc break-in?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
have u send in to proton sc and tell them yr concern bout poor braking, they can check on it. since its under warranty, not common to have such poor braking ....furthermore with after market improved brake pad...go check...its FOC anyway.

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
have u send in to proton sc and tell them yr concern bout poor braking, they can check on it. since its under warranty, not common to have such poor braking ....furthermore with after market improved brake pad...go check...its FOC anyway.
But after the 3rd service I have sent the car service outside due to company issue. Do u think still can get free?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Try bedding in the brake pads..let the brake pads material transfer to ur rotor
How long does the pad n disc need bedding in?

Jan 26, 2012
MALACCA
Go to sc n complaint about ur poor braking.. normally blm need to adjust handbrake as close as possible (adjusting at rear drum ) to giv more responsive braking.. so many people dun care about rear drum.. one more thing.. blm braking not good as other car.. so beware ur braking point.. need bigger disc n caliper perhaps..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
You floor the brake then only got braking power? HAve you checked the master cylinder then? Sound more tan brake pads problem. And by the way, try to use street pads instead of high metal content ones. It doesn't give any improvement over stock ones for street drive IMO. Because they are never warmed up to their optimum working temperature. Besides that, it will eat off your disc over time.

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
You floor the brake then only got braking power? HAve you checked the master cylinder then? Sound more tan brake pads problem. And by the way, try to use street pads instead of high metal content ones. It doesn't give any improvement over stock ones for street drive IMO. Because they are never warmed up to their optimum working temperature. Besides that, it will eat off your disc over time.
Have send to other foreman checked. The foreman said brake pump all ok. He also advise to change pad n try.

How long is the new pad need bedding in?

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Go to sc n complaint about ur poor braking.. normally blm need to adjust handbrake as close as possible (adjusting at rear drum ) to giv more responsive braking.. so many people dun care about rear drum.. one more thing.. blm braking not good as other car.. so beware ur braking point.. need bigger disc n caliper perhaps..
While seeking solution, Im searching for twin pot also.

But then never send SC service can make free complaint?

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
maybe u can also try do brake bleeding...

changing to steel braided hose is one other option.

koh_424

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2006
maybe u can also try do brake bleeding...

changing to steel braided hose is one other option.
Steel braided hose? Does it really help?

Need week will need to drive to genting. So might need solve it faster too.

Help help help~~~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

as topic says, where can i get lubegard lubricant for cars? which shop is selling it around klang valley??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience