scorpiod

Known Member
May 28, 2008
i dun really know wats the details from carbs to injection
dis is wat i know from my siemens to mmc
u have to have
1)mmc wiring n ecu
2)mmc intake
3)mmc throttle body (best is use 4g63 soch type - from perdana 1st badge)
4)mmc distributor

any sifu's care to add?? :wavey:
So I can use 4G15 MMC wiring and ECU, intake, throttle body and distributor for my 4G13? The size wont be too big?

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
if not mistaken, the TB for 4g13/15 is same size (46mm), 4g92p TB is 50mm and perdana 4g63 soch TB is 60mm

yes..u can use 4g15 mmc, i even saw got a guy using 4g92 ecu n wiring on 4g15 engine oso.hehehe

..i think best is u find a tuner whos really hands-on on these type of mods.. :adore:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
just take urself same as siemens breed.

u have to start by looking to mmc wiring and ecu n all the components 1st. might be rare coz 4g13 mmc is not in production anymore for dis mmc, try ask halfcut sure most of them dun have, dis one u must find from forum or used items or keep an eye in marketplace. best is, i suggest after u get all ur necessary items to upgrade to injection, u change to injection 1st, let it jalan for a while wif ur engine.

then is the hardest part is collecting all the necessary items to bot like wat i mentioned. for me is hard la coz i collect each item a month, if u got budget already, can get all at once. but one thing is turbine u must find a good condition. dun simply get one without knowing the condition.

for me i dunwan change engine, i do dis mod..many ppl especially power crazy will think dis is waste of money, but its up to u at the end of day. so if ppl racun u, its ur strength to eat the racun or not. hehe :listen:

Bump:

heyya, im from ampang. if during day time weekend i might be free :P working days, hav to work lor..

A - U cud try 4g1x, 4g9x, even 4g6x ones, perdana for etc oso can use, but must mod la.VR4 starter itself can't fit, must mod abit.. u hav to find those sellers dat already mod the vr4 starter to fit to our 4g13
i give u a link - http://protoncars.biz/index.php/topic,19244.0.html
& one more thing, after install the vr4 starter, u must put the relay starter(aroundrm70-80) coz our original starter dun't have relay. i experienced b4, just put vr4 starter without relay, sumtimes ur car can't start..ended up the prob was no relay. after putting relay, its gud, n sound nice.hehe

A - budget ar? depends on ur breed..r u siemens or mmc?mmc cheaper,siemens expensive by RM1.5k. ok i can tell u the price la from my experience.

td04L (standard boost 0.6) rm700
intercooler gsr stock or vr4 small size rm100-used , rm350-new
BOV any replica will do rm150
boost meter will need reliable ones rm380
if can,put a thicker gasket 0.8 - 1mm to make it low compr rm180
4g92 injectors(forget wat the cc already) comes with the mmc wiring n all
open pod air filter rm100 used

custom banana & custom IC piping - rm1.5k
labor charge rm500

so all these price i mentioned is agak2 only, more or less la

above mentioned is enough for you to build a basic turbo engine 4g13

u can say it expensive n not worth it, or by doing dis mod, get a better mitsu engine transplant.

dats y, u must set urself a target n finish it. don't let ppl poison u la..hehe if u r a power freak, damn dis is not for u, but for leisure and can follow a gti/putra is satisfying already, then dis is for u. :burnout:
chris,...

so that your starter now sound like the Perdana V6 ke? smooooooooth .

emm... u mean for all is around RM 2K er? wow... quite ok leh! Sure i'm not power freek lar... just wanna to gain more power to let my 4G13 run more smooth mah... than enough liao.

But u never change your ECU? u using stock ECU?...

Hey chris.... i am planing to do so, but workshop out there such as klgauto did offer for BOT any kind of vehicle but price star from 5K ....... they have stage 1, 2 & 3.

All using new part lor.

So, who's the one help you to tune your car during BOT? you self ka?

Ok, must buy you drink (of course teh tarik lar) to have a look on your car. Nvm ampang not far from PJ I can come to visit you when you are free.

Thanks....:driver:

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
so viostar - u r using mmc version la? wat year is ur car? driving wat car btw? use stock ecu is gud for basic bot. but mine was bought as used item, it was re-chipped by the previous owner to cut speed limit - kinda useful n save my money for future upgrade or what.hehe

mine was tuned by my friend aka mech. his workshop in kepong. u can go n ask him more details, since he tuned my car. :adore:

i talked to mr.see b4 from klgauto. his price is also quite reasonable since they using new parts. mine were some new + used items. the reason i chosed mitch is because he is my fren, n since BOT is not a one time job. it depends on ur car condition also. might send ur car few times to workshop n tune n tune to get the best result. thats y, is u believe the guy to tune ur car or not la n of coz his expertise n service..hehe.

no nid belanja yumcha. we can yumcha n talk cock til morning..hahahaha!! :driver:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
elo chris...

Yup, I'm using mmc type not siemen type! car yr 1999 & it is Proton Wira A/B lor.
Need to go step by step. Currently car out look worse neh... but engine still consider OK. because 3yrs ago I done top overhaul liao. No more "makan minyak hitam" issue.
Saturaday will go look for front bumper first around klang (i'm looking for V-Design pattern). Also need go to workshop to check about water leakage at real left passenger under floor carpet... because this 2 day rained lor.

Car really need to pain cos many dented liao.
Hey your fren shop kat Kepong mana huh? Do u mind to give the address & contact number? Cos I might need to visit them & have a look on my car mah. see what can do on my ride lor.

Hey chris, u r very helpful... thank you for all the sharing & advised neh... let's yamchar if u r free ok I waiting for you. But important thing is that I can view your car setup lor... he... he...:biggrin:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
a little bit of this..and a little bit of that..it will eventually sum up to 5k..Hmm not so wise...but then..we are all in this rite..A hobby..car tuning..explore the unexpected..
try his spec..got it from a fren of mine..suka2 BOT..lasted about 2 years be4 KABOOM...(cause of kaboom..injector tesumbat).

(if ur car already injected)
second hand td04 or rhb5 turbine...can get around 450
metal gasket about 220
manifold 750
2.5 ich all the way piping exhaust..rm400
e-manage 2nd hand..600-700 (depend on market)
head port (my fren did himself)
intercooler ayam from hafcut and intercooler piping..SHORTEST ROUTE! top mount 500
clutch..750
...boost around 0.5..0.7 if ur engine is healthy and having a good tuning..get around
[email protected] what...saja suka2 buang duit..hehehehe:hmmmm:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
a little bit of this..and a little bit of that..it will eventually sum up to 5k..Hmm not so wise...but then..we are all in this rite..A hobby..car tuning..explore the unexpected..
try his spec..got it from a fren of mine..suka2 BOT..lasted about 2 years be4 KABOOM...(cause of kaboom..injector tesumbat).

(if ur car already injected)
second hand td04 or rhb5 turbine...can get around 450
metal gasket about 220
manifold 750
2.5 ich all the way piping exhaust..rm400
e-manage 2nd hand..600-700 (depend on market)
head port (my fren did himself)
intercooler ayam from hafcut and intercooler piping..SHORTEST ROUTE! top mount 500
clutch..750
...boost around 0.5..0.7 if ur engine is healthy and having a good tuning..get around
[email protected] what...saja suka2 buang duit..hehehehe:hmmmm:

honeydrifter,...

Fren, you not yet finish with you words!!!!
So, what's your conclusion on this topic???? Please advise.......................?

:hmmmm::hmmmm:

hornydrifter

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
KEY EL!
what im saying is..dun give a shit what ppl will say to u..waste money ka..not goog lerr...or not realiable...do what u feel u want...dont b a follower of people...explore the unexpected...its the "hard to achieve" that makes the blood running and fun rite?:burnout:This is what car exploration is all about..getting there..The Goal..:love:

Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you,
This is not a mere sport,
This is a way of life.

Last edited:

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
chris,...

Just would like check on your car idle.
engine idle with a/c off, what is the rpm status? is it 800rpm or 1000rpm?
engine idle with a/c on, what is the rpm status? maintain the same rpm with a/c off? or 1000rpm drop to 800rpm??

thanks.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
chris,...

Just would like check on your car idle.
engine idle with a/c off, what is the rpm status? is it 800rpm or 1000rpm?
engine idle with a/c on, what is the rpm status? maintain the same rpm with a/c off? or 1000rpm drop to 800rpm??

thanks.
heyya,

just installed the FICD..hehe, so no more idling prob b4 dis :biggrin:

idle with a/c off - 0.8rpm like dat la
idle with a/c on - 1k rpm - set like dis by my mech. alwis better higher abit while idling when a/c on

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
heyya,

just installed the FICD..hehe, so no more idling prob b4 dis :biggrin:

idle with a/c off - 0.8rpm like dat la
idle with a/c on - 1k rpm - set like dis by my mech. alwis better higher abit while idling when a/c on
What kind of ficd u installed? see same in the picture one ka? it's toyota denso ficd adjustable one, your's one like this ka?

But how about your oem ficd?, maintain or throw away & replace with this ficd?

Or your mech just add on the ficd, which show in 2nd pic.?

TQ

Attachments