4AFE power steering pump diagnosis

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
hello zth members..just want to ask if any of you facing the power steering sound noisy? i am new in 4afe engine. actually i just replace the 2nd hand pump but the sound still noisy. but if i fill up the oil to high level there a bit sound only. is it normal?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
is the oil leaking or what...??mine used to leak...but the sound only noticeable when the oil is low and about to empty out...so have to top up occasionally...I've change the whole steering rack because i cannot trace where it is leaking (since someone told me that tearing open the steering rack is not practical...better change the whole set...but this may not be the case)...solve the problem for while...then it start leaking again...now i change the engine...problem solve :burnout:

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
earlier pump leaks at the joining hose. but already changed to 2nd hand one. now there is no leak anymore but still got a bit sound especially when i turn the steering until end. the sound become noisy a bit then normal. i dont know its normal for 4afe engine or what. my other car is b/top engine. there was no any sound on power steering pump. that why i am curious.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
my 3SFE also got abit noise when turning all till the end. Power steering got anything to do with the engine ?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
my 3SFE also got abit noise when turning all till the end. Power steering got anything to do with the engine ?
yeah it does...same case as air cond...still draw power from the engine to run...i think it is a common problem if you turn all the way till the end it will make some sound...but of coz that is from my observation...but i have no theory to it back up...maybe some more knowledgeable people care to share.... :itsme:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
dont fully turn the steering as this will cause increase the presure inside the hose and give a lot of backpressure to the pump

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:adore: All pros n sifu pls help me... I just got a 2nd hand wira n very urge to have a better sound in the car... Unfortunately im still a student so nid a very very low cost for doing all this things... When the car comes it came with a 6" rear speaker n 2 tweeter on top of it.. Front there is a 4" speaker on de dashboard... Then my dad added 2 tweeter infront... So, total 4 tweeter, a pair of 6" n a pair of 4"... The tweeter is connected to de 4" speaker then the 4" speaker to de...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience