Noisy Tappet on 4AFE

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Lionking88

Nov 21, 2008
Hi Guys,

Just done top over haul on my engine (4AFE)..now the tappet is very noisy and the mechanic dunno how to get rid the noise and informed it is the sound of the Shim. well just need some information, any workshop in KL/Selangor that can adjust the so call shim and get rid the annoying sound...

Thanks...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Even cherry pokok mech know how to adjust shim, sound like ur mech is not that good. recommend change mech. Sorry if i offended some mech.

Last edited:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
The shim cannot be adjusted, it has to be change due to it's gap to cam lobe. Good mechanic will know which shim has to be replace. Better mechanic will reposition the shim according to original position so this kind of problem did not occured.

Lionking88

Nov 21, 2008
me2kimi,

Thanks for the info, can advice where to find this good mechanic (name and contact) so that I can change or re position the shim..

K3N

Nov 7, 2007
Most probably your mechanic did not preload the intake camshaft gear...The gear has springs inside and needs to be preloaded before install..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hyundai's latest sedan now packs hot hatch turbo power and dual clutch box. It sounds like a recipe for a Korean Clio RS with a boot. But has it got the legs and soul to deserve over 200hp? Short answer, Yes.

Making my way to Hyundai, what I had in mind at first was an Elantra that would drive like a mash up between the clinical Ioniq and gimmicky Veloster. Both of which are Hyundai's first attempts at making their first hybrid and a hot hatch...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience