2nd time turtle dyno + tuning

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
Hi,

Just had my second dyno session yesterday, drilled a hole in the exhaust extractor manifold after the turbine with wideband O2 screwed it up right to get better AF reading. My spec:

4G93T, standard 0.7 boost, standard mini side mount intercooler...

modded: Walbro 255 LPH pump, FSE fuel regulator, 2.5 inch piping, KNN closed pod, megasquirt standalone, removed restrictive air flow sensor.

the first dyno i had few weeks back was 195 HP, that's without tuning, and yesterday upon tuning with the megatune connected to the megasquirt at Northern Garage the first run we did the fine tuning on the fuel mapping, managed to hit 200 HP at 6000 rpm, then 2nd run further tuned the ignition timing, only advanced 2 degree from 2K rpm onwards, it's such a magic, managed to hit 211 HP, really happy!

Pretty satisfied however i'm worried for the knocking which could happen due to high ignition advance herein, so have i am thinking of doing some own knocking detector device, have u guys ever tried these?

Browser Warning
Browser Warning

Triumph TR6 - turbo setup check out at the knock sensing part

Honda-Tech.com: Forced Induction: Det Cans

i'm gonna get myself a HKS EVC in few weeks time to increase the boost level to at least 1 bar, and will further fine tune anything higher than the current 170KPA i have right now, so i need some knocking sensing device......... and wat u guys think? i know HKS is selling them, but that's nothing but just a bunch of electronic stethoscope with HKS names on it!! just need some monitoring device to help monitor the knocking clearly.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,
Does any perdana owner is using aristo 4 pot break? Plz share d experience here..as jz curious how effective is it? worthy to upgrade? need lot of efford to mod? tks in adv...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience