GTI 2nd edition (siemens engine)

hata

Jan 10, 2009
NEW comer here!!! I'm 2nd batch GTI owner which using siemens not mmc engine, what can i do to upgrade my existing engine?? is it reasonable if i install turbo kit to my engine...wut choice i hav??? could u guyz help me???

hata

Jan 10, 2009
NEW comer here!!! I'm 2nd batch GTI owner which using siemens not mmc engine, what is the best way can i do to upgrade my existing engine?? wut choice i hav??? could u guyz help me???

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Hi Hata,

Siemens/mmc is the ecu not engine.

My suggestion is better u convert to mmc version before you start any modification. Else there will be limitation here and there all the time. Plus it wouldn't be as powerful as mmc version no matter what modification you made to it.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Hi Hata,
2nd gen of Satri GTI?

:hmmmm:If yes...,
I don'tknow how it could be indicate by MMC & Siemens...:hmmmm:
As i know just maybe short form Step 1 & 2...

But if urs is step 2, means there is NO idle timing is allow to adjust by manual(philips/srcew driver) on throttle body
& u do every time u need to tune/adjust by something like a small console of pc... at bottom of driver dashboard...
If it's correct means u got nothing can modify same as wira a/b 4g15 S/Edition.

According to the foreman, there are about 7 addition sensor compared with step 1 & it's purposely to limit the modification...
It can't feel significant deifference after install the AFC NEO...

***:confused:Sifu-sifu, correct me if i'm wrong:confused:***

hata

Jan 10, 2009
Tanx dude..is it when i change my ECU, throttle body and wiring mean my engine was converted to MMC??? wut about da sensor there?? Is any one there have this set (ECU, throttle body, wiring and intake manifold) and what the ideal set (ECU, throttle body, wiring and intake manifold) for my car?? can use "ROJAK" one huh???:confused:

hata

Jan 10, 2009
Tanx dude..is it when i change my ECU, throttle body and wiring mean my engine was converted to MMC??? wut about da sensor there?? Is any one there have this set (ECU, throttle body, wiring and intake manifold) and what the ideal set (ECU, throttle body, wiring and intake manifold) for my car?? can use "ROJAK" one huh???

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
using MUTII to do the tuning....siemen ecu......it limits yr speed to bout 160 to 170km/h
so u will feel bit lagg.....bolt on to after market ecu or the stock 1st batch mmc ecu should work wonders in yr 1.8engine.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Guys,...
Wait wait wait...

:confused:If I'm not mistaken, u can't do any modification bcoz there another very signification factor to limit the power...which is the 'crank shaft sensor'...

If u change the top & wiring, i don't think it's work...
instead of wiring, I don't know whether it could be suit or not...
If u change the block together, better convert to Mits' 4G93 engine lantai...I suggest...

Hi Evo.Z
Is there any big different perform the 'MUTII'?

Well my fren was in experince that not really such big diff. after modify the air filter, 2inch piping, adj cam pulley, SAFC & etc...(fuel pressure regulator...maybe; forgot...long time oredi liao)
It's seems like fuel limited for displacement...

And the only way to modify is air filter, piping, adj cam pulley, & a famous brand of crank pulley(forgotten...AEM maybe) with crank sensor (same function also)...but very high cost... to lighten ur REV...

Correct me if I'm wrong...!!!:wavey:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
so bro hata..
i heard that ur car has done 2" piping & big muffler..
any diffrent in performance..

campro engine using crank sensor..
does the siemen engine use crank sensor also..
do enlighten us all of sifu here..

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
my Gti also limit at 170km/h so if i install RSM can solve this limit problem??

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
well guys,
As i earlier mentioned,
I think u can't do anything since the crank sensor has limit the power on top speed...

Anyway, u can try but i don't i would be much difference no matter AFC Neo or RSM...I guess!

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Guys,

RSM is a rev/speed meter. Wun do any help to increase your top speed.

AFC Neo is useless againts siemens sgti due to close loop. It will auto adjust to revert back to initial setting. Can only use smt or unichip or dynojet commander.

MUT2 is the proton engine diagnose tool. It can scan and delete fault code if there is any plus t/b adjustment. No tuning can be made.

Siemens sgti does have crank shaft sensor. But i think most the car have it. It just that siemens gti have crank keyplate mounted on the crank pulley. So far only mythelogy brand of lightweight crank pulley can be used for siemens sgti.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
So is there any big differentce after install the lightweight crank pulley with sensor version?

Well I might doubt...
Maybe ligther REV but not increasing the HP...!!! I guess!

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
using MUTII to do the tuning....siemen ecu......it limits yr speed to bout 160 to 170km/h
so u will feel bit lagg.....bolt on to after market ecu or the stock 1st batch mmc ecu should work wonders in yr 1.8engine.
so can change the ecu just like that ka bro..
i think mmc & siemens got big diffrent in the wiring & intake system..
air flow sensor also not same..

me confused already..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mercedes has confirmed that the silver F1 safety car this year will the new Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. The car replaces the traditional SL AMG model that has tamed raging Formula One machines during a race and with 571 horses, the SLS AMG won't have a problem leading the pack at a "reasonable" speed. <!--more-->...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience