24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
Yup. I think it is ridiculous to impose mandatory racing suit for open track day. If really wanna have more control, just make sure reinforcement of the rules and regulation works. Punish those who breaks the rule. Give multiple warnings, if still repeat ban them. Or raise the track fees. Even raise to RM300, a bit expensive, go less loh. But if mandatory suit, definitely I won't go already. Not easy to find a suit my size man. I had hard time finding one racing suit for superbike. Found one and it cost me about RM4k. Not sure about those suit use in car racing.

Bump: Yup. I think it is ridiculous to impose mandatory racing suit for open track day. If really wanna have more control, just make sure reinforcement of the rules and regulation works. Punish those who breaks the rule. Give multiple warnings, if still repeat ban them. Or raise the track fees. Even raise to RM300, a bit expensive, go less loh. But if mandatory suit, definitely I won't go already. Not easy to find a suit my size man. I had hard time finding one racing suit for superbike. Found one and it cost me about RM4k. Not sure about those suit use in car racing.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
faisal,
spot on....if they insist on all those stuffs..seriously,they r just killing d interest in motorsports!!!!

Bump: faisal,
spot on....if they insist on all those stuffs..seriously,they r just killing d interest in motorsports!!!!

morpheus

Known Member
Nov 4, 2008
Why can't they have a race every saturday night ? like last time batu 3? Maybe they need to prepare for a lot of event like F1, A1, GP, AFOS, super GT. So, they dun have much time for open track day. if someone build another track just for public have fun and test their car. every saturday night and sunday.. wow.. should make money.

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Two things:
1: If they had more fixed dates of open track days, this wouldnt happen
2: failing that, they should contract out a 3rd party organisation (like me!) to manage the track days properly. We'll provide grading, cones, and participants history, as well as banning them if they do not follow simple rules ie overtaking only at T1, T4, T9, T15 for example.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
adin,
plz pm me ur contact as may hv some friends like to join ur track day. BTW, r there really no passing rules in some corners??

TQ.

ayla

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
Two things:
1: If they had more fixed dates of open track days, this wouldnt happen
2: failing that, they should contract out a 3rd party organisation (like me!) to manage the track days properly. We'll provide grading, cones, and participants history, as well as banning them if they do not follow simple rules ie overtaking only at T1, T4, T9, T15 for example.
Bro why are there such rules in your event? :hmmmm: Any reason? Just curious ya. WOuldn't be more fun if can overtake at any turn?

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
the response for july 18 is too good. seems like we can have a more frequent less-car-track-day if "slots are available".

Bump: the response for july 18 is too good. seems like we can have a more frequent less-car-track-day if "slots are available".

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Buds

I was just there on the 3rd of June. Kinda semi closed track day for the 1000km guys to practise. They turned me around as I didnt hv a full suit. I paid RM 300 for the 2 to 5pm session. After some nego, they let us out.

I think if they keep increasing the cost of having fun for open track days, this would make it more and more difficult for car nuts to hv a place to race and there will be more street racing going on.

SIC, please keep it simple la.

helmets, RM 150 to RM 200 entry fees ok la.

Mandatory racing suits, come on la.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
SIC is homologated for only max 77 cars, if it's a Rolling Start Race.

even then oso in MME , with the speed difference between cars of all classes we get complains of traffic.

What more if u have an open track day of 100+ cars with varying skillset & experience drivers on track

More Trackdays weekends in a year (monthly at least) is the way forward.

Making race suits mandatory, if a car has no or minimal safety requirement makes no sense either. Race suits are to protect driver if he or she is caught in a flaming car. and they must be combines with flame-retardent shoes and gloves to be effective.

What next? full FIA undergarments? FIA Helmets. HANS devices..

My, my....

Just my 2 cents.

I'm just wondering what the true motivations and objectives are when SIC or whatever god damned sanctioning body have when they put forth idiotic and short sighted policies like full racing suits on "public" track days.

Sepang was built using the tax payers' money and yet it seems that everything to do with it seem to reek and stink of elitism and selfish-ness.

We talk of grass root motorsports and getting the illegal racers of the streets and YET we have super limited track days that are now costing an arm and a leg. We build this monolith of a track that boasts all kinds of international standard crap and yet limit its usage to the select few of society that most probably don't even pay taxes.

They take away Batu Tiga and expect everyone to go to Sepang, and when we finally do; they slap exorbitant entry fees and policies onto us. Do we all have the word " Sucker" stamped on our foreheads. AND yet we keep mum and just get F*&Ked everytime, all the time.

This is so typical of locally sanctioned organizations, everyone wants a piece of the stinking pie and still look "pious" doing it.

And we wonder why we have Mat Rempits & Fast and Furious wannabes who have no where to go. Malaysia truly boleh!

Rape the poor to feed the rich.

Bump:
SIC is homologated for only max 77 cars, if it's a Rolling Start Race.

even then oso in MME , with the speed difference between cars of all classes we get complains of traffic.

What more if u have an open track day of 100+ cars with varying skillset & experience drivers on track

More Trackdays weekends in a year (monthly at least) is the way forward.

Making race suits mandatory, if a car has no or minimal safety requirement makes no sense either. Race suits are to protect driver if he or she is caught in a flaming car. and they must be combines with flame-retardent shoes and gloves to be effective.

What next? full FIA undergarments? FIA Helmets. HANS devices..

My, my....

Just my 2 cents.

I'm just wondering what the true motivations and objectives are when SIC or whatever god damned sanctioning body have when they put forth idiotic and short sighted policies like full racing suits on "public" track days.

Sepang was built using the tax payers' money and yet it seems that everything to do with it seem to reek and stink of elitism and selfish-ness.

We talk of grass root motorsports and getting the illegal racers of the streets and YET we have super limited track days that are now costing an arm and a leg. We build this monolith of a track that boasts all kinds of international standard crap and yet limit its usage to the select few of society that most probably don't even pay taxes.

They take away Batu Tiga and expect everyone to go to Sepang, and when we finally do; they slap exorbitant entry fees and policies onto us. Do we all have the word " Sucker" stamped on our foreheads. AND yet we keep mum and just get F*&Ked everytime, all the time.

This is so typical of locally sanctioned organizations, everyone wants a piece of the stinking pie and still look "pious" doing it.

And we wonder why we have Mat Rempits & Fast and Furious wannabes who have no where to go. Malaysia truly boleh!

Rape the poor to feed the rich.

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
u guys do hv a point here (a lot i think)....will try to talk to a friend of mine who's working directly under the sport & youth minister (just trying my luck)....will try to suggest few point as suggested in this forum...any other points to add guys?

Bump: u guys do hv a point here (a lot i think)....will try to talk to a friend of mine who's working directly under the sport & youth minister (just trying my luck)....will try to suggest few point as suggested in this forum...any other points to add guys?

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
1. Keyword: elitism. Ditch it.
2. SIC should be fully utilized.
3. Let the public use SIC. Apart from the official events, more than 80% of the available time should be given to the public. Not 90% for the elites, and 10% for the public.
4. Promote public use of SIC. The Nordschleife introduced a card for people to use their track. Similar to our Touch N Go card, the Nurburgring's card promotes easier access for people. What did the SIC do? They turned away people who cannot afford racing suits! Hell, even the Ring didn't do that. What is the SIC experience if compared with the Ring? Nothing.
5. Use the profit gained from the track days to improve safety. Improve safety equipments, don't be satisfied by using pickup trucks like we're in some war-torn African country transporting mercenaries.
6. Employ more people to make SIC's job easier, so that SIC can hold more track days. Enthusiastic people. Not just some ladies, Bangla, Myanmar who can't find anything interesting in spending their weekends in the hot afternoon watching car whizzing by. Any proper Rempit guy will give their arm and leg to work for SIC, why don't employ them? Enthusiasm breeds knowledge and discipline.

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
Actually SIC is fully booked most of the time. It is that busy. Open track day is actually a bonus given by SIC or when sometime organiser drop their event. If SIC allocate 80 % of thier slots to public, I think they will have to close shop. When so many track days open to public, how many cars will turn out. They will have to raise the entrance fee to astronomic price like RM500 per entry. SIC is defintely the cheapest in the world for world class track, or track capable of handling F1.

SIC has got excellent facilities. They have their own medic center, medic team and ambulance. Not like some other private track that's using van or pickup to transport injured to nearby clinic and hospital. They have their rules and regulation. Whether they enforce it or not is another issue and whether participant follow rules and regulations is also another issue.

Some of the time SIC got to leave the track empty for upgrade and maintenance. Also to rest the track before major event to prevent from potential "injury" to the track. Imagine someone got a major oil spill right before F1 or MotoGP? It happened before.

So can't blame it all on SIC. They got to think about profit, if not they will collapse like other GLC.

Last edited:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Actually SIC is fully booked most of the time. It is that busy. Open track day is actually a bonus given by SIC or when sometime organiser drop their event. If SIC allocate 80 % of thier slots to public, I think they will have to close shop.
Boss, I don't think any multinational companies using the SIC pay more than what 70-80 public bikes and cars paid, or did they? Or did they pay less?

SIC didn't hold official events every weekends. We have 52 weekends per year. We do have more weekdays per year. Do we have 10 open track days per year?

When so many track days open to public, how many cars will turn out. They will have to raise the entrance fee to astronomic price like RM500 per entry.
The HPC can get 100% participation for every track day. Of course if SIC just decide to open their gates one afternoon and sit there waiting for people to come like goreng pisang sellers I don't think they can guarantee 100% participation. But hey, the taxpayers didn't pay good money for them to just sit on their ass, or did we?