24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Fellas... yes, 18 July 12pm - 3pm is confirmed. There is a limit to how many can register though.

It includes a briefing for safety, and myself and a few other instructors will be onhand.

Price is RM 350. Sorry this is not negotiable.

For that price, what would be the car limit anyway ... Turned out to be another 150 demolition-derby style track would not be worthwhile anyway ... :hmmmm:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
For that price, what would be the car limit anyway ... Turned out to be another 150 demolition-derby style track would not be worthwhile anyway ... :hmmmm:
Simple economics mahh. At RM350 not many people can afford to join. Not everyone is willing to pay the premium price of having an empty track with instructors. Or perhaps you didn't read my earlier posting? If you don't wanna go, then don't say anything.

I'm just helping provide an opportunity by negotiating with the SG partner to provide some spots for some of us Malaysians that might want to join. It's not like there's a lot of spots anyway, probably about 15-20 max for Malaysian cars.

/adian

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Simple economics mahh. At RM350 not many people can afford to join. Not everyone is willing to pay the premium price of having an empty track with instructors. Or perhaps you didn't read my earlier posting? If you don't wanna go, then don't say anything.

I'm just helping provide an opportunity by negotiating with the SG partner to provide some spots for some of us Malaysians that might want to join. It's not like there's a lot of spots anyway, probably about 15-20 max for Malaysian cars.

/adian

Hey, no need to get aggrevated as such. I am sure you are an economist, no doubt not me. I don't want to look down at anyone with or without RM350 but if the track is nice, I am not surprise at all people would even pay 400 for a session there. Yes, I have not read your posting before but since you said there is a limited entrance, of course there would be a number. Maybe I have missed your posting for number.

Why are you so defensive? If it's only 15-20 spots, I think it's really worthwhile ... No doubt at all. Cheers ok.

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
adian,

i am really interested but can u pls give details of the car spec,rules n regulations to enter...thanks:hmmmm:

pslong

Mar 2, 2009

/adian

adian,

I would be keen, can you PM me the details? I gave the recent open track day a skip cos I kinda figured it would be like federal highway and I am a newbie and that combo is a disaster! LoL so if there is someone to guide me the initial runs that would be great. Thanks dude

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
please keep us updated adian.

thanks

Bump: please keep us updated adian.

thanks

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
adian,
u mentioned dis--->"Fellas, I have a full-track slot booked out with RaceCraft Academy on July 18, 12pm till 3pm. There are some spots available. Maximum number of participants is only 50, to keep it nice and empty."
so,RaceCraft Academy is sum S'pore organization?ok ok..max is 50 car n der wud b only abt 20 4 M'sian cars,eh?ok,gotcha....

Bump: adian,
u mentioned dis--->"Fellas, I have a full-track slot booked out with RaceCraft Academy on July 18, 12pm till 3pm. There are some spots available. Maximum number of participants is only 50, to keep it nice and empty."
so,RaceCraft Academy is sum S'pore organization?ok ok..max is 50 car n der wud b only abt 20 4 M'sian cars,eh?ok,gotcha....

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
dear trackies....

we dont need to worry bout heavy traffic during open track day @ sepang in near future.

because i heard from a reliable source, sepang officials already had plans to control the heavy turnout during open track days. They will require the drivers to wear racing suits during open track days. For safety purposes. But when will they execute the plan..i have no idea.

Hope that they will change their mind or hope that i'm wrong.

akina:driver:

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Omg racing suits? Sure it's a good idea....but then the idea is to make tracking easier to reach for us 'normal' people. Race suits aren't exactly cheap. I think a better way to settle the heavy traffic is by limiting the number of cars on the track. Those late comers will be barred from entering:biggrin:

cqloh

Known Member
Aug 1, 2006
i think theres a high probability that KIC (Kumar International Circuit):biggrin::biggrin:.. will be implementing a trackday license.. should just be a simple class where drivers are told what the flags and general rules are and what saftey precautions have to be taken in terms of vehicle and track ettiquette

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
what difference will all this do?
its all about mindset
those who got license from JPJ still go against the rule what
110 km/h ppl still go above that what

so if there is trackday license will we get summons huh?
it will not make a difference
just control the amount of car goin into the track

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
just make it a monthly event then i think everyone will have their spot.........dont know abt uguys but i definately cant afford to join evry month....tayar, fees,brake,allignment,etc...etc...:sleep:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
or made another low budget track in Selangor area??

drivers to wear racing suits??? walau.... not cheap lah this thing.... if like that sure ask us to hv FIA Helmet..?? or all car must used the Indo made 123..?? hehe

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
IMHO,making racing suit mandatory is a BAD idea!aww..come on....even making those SDB participants getting a racing license created quite a big huu-haa...n now they wan us open track day enthusiasts 2 wear racing suit?not cheap wei..even renting 'em is not cheap!

n i agree w clement,making d license mandatory oso won control any traffic coz if it's affordable...every1 can haf it....n if it's too expensive,SIC is turning away customers actually....

making everythg stay d same n thn limit d numbers of cars allowed on track shud b d way...like in MME n d coming 1000KM Race..y r they limiting to 77 cars ONLY?1 shud b safety reason.....so,der's only so much car a racing track can take @ a time......i say 4 open track day...100-120 cars wud b MAX...wat abt u guys/gals?

n abt blue.taxi's idea..sure...all sure sokong 1.but who 1na fund it?heehe..sendiri mau ingat ler....

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
SIC is homologated for only max 77 cars, if it's a Rolling Start Race.

even then oso in MME , with the speed difference between cars of all classes we get complains of traffic.

What more if u have an open track day of 100+ cars with varying skillset & experience drivers on track

More Trackdays weekends in a year (monthly at least) is the way forward.

Making race suits mandatory, if a car has no or minimal safety requirement makes no sense either. Race suits are to protect driver if he or she is caught in a flaming car. and they must be combines with flame-retardent shoes and gloves to be effective.

What next? full FIA undergarments? FIA Helmets. HANS devices..

All that for a Track Day in a street car. Hilarious