20v bt aftermarket air filter (opinions)

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
Criteria wanted;

Reusable, washable, durable, can use for a long time, better performance(especially high end).

I opted to retain the stock airbox and just use drop in filter after consulting a few bt users.

Prefered choice

1.K&N drop in filter
2.TRD drop in filter

how much is TRD drop in brand new?is it in rm3XX region? in sales section got a guy stocks k&n and selling for 23X?..

Anyone using the TRD drop in? hows the sound? hows the performance? My friend toldme that the TRD drop in can be used once only. I doubt that.

which one is bang for your buck?

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
Both Filter for No 1 & 2 can be wasable, one of my friends celica got buy the TRD inbox air filter, he say can be wasable. If only use once when bought it, why not just get K&N right??........

Saiful, zenden not good meh??.......

CorollaGT

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Malaysia
I own the TRD drop-in air filter for 20V. Last time, I gain it for RM 150.00 only from 1 ZTH member (ming1975) something. Performance.. Not much different between stock filter. But, can feel the engine Rev a bit smoother. Sound level - same as stock filter. Market price for TRD AF is RM 380.00+ and K&N AF is RM 230.00+-.

CorollaGT

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Malaysia
Hi 20Vturbo

Are your 20V installed with turbo. If "yes" drop-in air filter is not that suitable for U.

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
CorollaGT said:
I own the TRD drop-in air filter for 20V. Last time, I gain it for RM 150.00 only from 1 ZTH member (ming1975) something. Performance.. Not much different between stock filter. But, can feel the engine Rev a bit smoother. Sound level - same as stock filter. Market price for TRD AF is RM 380.00+ and K&N AF is RM 230.00+-.
I agree that those branded air filter different is when high rev, those sound and the feeling is different. Just like when high rev u can feel the engine run smoother ( hear the air inhale sound ).

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
no, my bt is still na..plan to upgrade for better intake. trd92, urs swap back to ori airbox sure ah standard filter? mana tau got TRD inside..zenden ah, no comment from ppl so dun dare to try..hehe..what about open pod? okey or not? was told that those accesory or modify for the sensor socket will not produce correct reading for ecu so i dun dare try mod it. TRD also built drop in filter so must follow what the bos said lor..heheh

is it okey if got k&n, then from the bottom of the airbox, direct a hose from the hole to front bumper..plan to do that..ok ah?

Last edited:

2slow

Known Member
May 2, 2005
go with k&n drop in and u won't regret,coz is washable and i'm using it now too

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
2slow,
how is the performance? does it increase ur top end? it says High flow so i assume that it will at least increase ur throttle and rev response..

2slow

Known Member
May 2, 2005
performance i think it's about the same just abit more noise then stock filter

20vturbo said:
2slow,
how is the performance? does it increase ur top end? it says High flow so i assume that it will at least increase ur throttle and rev response..

TRDae92

1,000 RPM
Mar 24, 2005
Malaysia....
www.cardomain.com
20vturbo said:
no, my bt is still na..plan to upgrade for better intake. trd92, urs swap back to ori airbox sure ah standard filter? mana tau got TRD inside..zenden ah, no comment from ppl so dun dare to try..hehe..what about open pod? okey or not? was told that those accesory or modify for the sensor socket will not produce correct reading for ecu so i dun dare try mod it. TRD also built drop in filter so must follow what the bos said lor..heheh

is it okey if got k&n, then from the bottom of the airbox, direct a hose from the hole to front bumper..plan to do that..ok ah?
NOOOlarr....where got TRD air filter inside lar....i also using stock one, and just also plan to buy zenden or K&N is enough lor. i won't go for TRD air filter lar, now new year nearly come and better save$$$ for my kids ang pow.

If use the open pod only is the hot air will inhale into the throttle, open pod prefer for those cold weather country, unless u do the partition for the open pod filter. The air sensor socket is easy to make, just u get the elbow pipe with hole ready make, just PNP then it goes liao. Just air sensor, no need worry one lar.... i try putting on the HKS mushroom and the power can feel is bit poor. but high end very good lor...

U can direct a hose from the hole to front bumper , but ur bumper need to drill a hole lor....haaha......will give u a nice air inhale system ( COOL AIR + INSECT )

Last edited:

CorollaGT

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
Malaysia
Agree trd_ae92 (save$$$ for my kids ang pow).
Custom CAI + K&N should be the best. You can use 2.5" air-con cheap rubber hose for your CAI project. It only cost RM 35 for 3M last time.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
then how about ZENDEN AF .. any 1 tried before.. ?

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
trd_ae92...

u means K&N filter at Rm 175 wasable.....where can i get it...

if the price nearly saem with Zenden... i will go for K&N ...

bro/// then wat filter u using now...

thanks..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car has a toyota supercharger engine and i was wondering if cooilng down after hard driving is needed like puting in a turbo timer. if im not mistaken the supercharger has oil of its own. i normaly leave it about 20sec before turning the engine off.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience