2001 Hyundai Elantra 1.8 Possible Engine to Swap

Nov 16, 2010
Johor Bahru
Hi,

I am new here in ZTH. I just bought a used 2001 Hyundai Elantra and planning to change the engine. Any of sifus here can share with me any recommended engine for it?

Thanks alot.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
mitsubishi gsr 4g93T or evo 4g63T will suit ur car well...just need to find a pro mech to do that

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
there is one kia optima at here planted with evo 4 already(kia belong to hyundai) and inspected with jpj already, u can try search the tread"kia optima evo 4", for ur information, hyundai cooperate with mitsubishi long time ago(like our proton, but hyundai done it at 196x or 197x)..... then hyundai created a new company that is kia which is also car manufacturing(like bmw and austin mini)....... therefore, mitsu engines are legally planted into kia and hyundai just like proton can plant in mitsu engines, however, u need to have a pro mech which able to redo the mounting well since mounting of kia and hyundai is different from mitsu, u can plant other brand engine but when u sell ur car, according to the law, u cant change greencard name cause u din use the engine from correct car manufacturer(like wat i say just now, proton must use mitsubishi engine, ur kia originate from hyundai which originate from misubishi should be the same.)... and i have found out that ur car is tranverse engine, go search for gsr ck model, evo 4 and onwards ,or if u wan play n/a, u can go for mivec ck or 4g93 n/a or even 4g63 n/a if u can found it.....if u insist to transplant, i have 2 engines on my hand which is suitable for u, mivec ck 1.8 and rvr terbalik(4g63t which is similar to evo4 engine just that it is small turbo).......

zeuz

Known Member
May 7, 2005
correct like peterj said optima can convert e4 but their crossmember need to be check n compare wit elentra. kia product usually same n most of it mitsu but hyundai acccent, elentra, getz are diff from kia so need to mod ur chasis abit. 4 me coupe 1.6 hyundai only can convert to e4 but need to do mod on wiring espacially aircon. now we see alot accent/getz member transplant/swap b8 210 but alot of mod be done. like me oso hv done some research on my own car n my own money for hyundai fan to be fast mannn....(read forum thread accent 1.5 turbo).... lastly sorry 4 interupt but if im wrong kindly teach me.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
the round and square light optima is the same as the jaguar rear looking sonata..:) anyways here's the thing, i my self have done modding from different engine into my hyundai, all i can is its alot of work and alot of modded parts.. so for the case of ur elantra do make sure u try to get something that is as close as possible to ur current engine, and most probably things like driveshaft and all wont fit, i suggest that u custom make em instead of cutting and welding.. gud luck on ur project :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I am new here. I was intending to sell off my car but I guess my car is too sad to leave me.
Earlier today, some dumb ass motorcyclist coming in the wrong way, lost control and hit my car. He was a bloody kid woth no license. Thankfully, his dad was nice enough to pay for all the damages as i threatened to report this matter. Anyway, that's happened, so leave it.

Now, after a few years seeing my white car. I thought of changing the colour of my car.

I like the Milano Red but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience